Author Topic: diplomacy talking  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
diplomacy talking
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:42:52 AM »
Hi,

just a question (for now  ;D ) on this aspect

when the discussion is tagged as 'impossible', is it to be understood as 'totally impossible, for the rest of the game, move away'? Or I can still stick a diplo team and hope for the miracle.

And I failed with a 260-rating team!  :-X

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
Re: diplomacy talking
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:35:30 AM »
As far as I know once you have failed with communication you can never make contact. This will always happen with the Spoiler races. I didn't think that the diplomatic team score impacted the chance of making contact.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
yes, impossible to establish communications for ever.
Basicly, the race is _so_ alien, there is simply no common ground to start developing anything similar to a language, like trying to talk to a ants or to a race, that communicates by means, that humans not only can´t use, but also are unable to imitate and possibly not event to think about/notice (smells, colours, mimic,... of course, those are all things _I_ could think of, so it has to be something else :)  )
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 08:07:21 AM »
the universal language of violence will have to be used. Arm the torpedoes!  ;D

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 08:16:16 PM »
As far as I know once you have failed with communication you can never make contact. This will always happen with the Spoiler races. I didn't think that the diplomatic team score impacted the chance of making contact.

You can sometimes achieve communications with spoilers, if you manage to not engage in combat when you discover them and are very lucky with initial communications rolls.  In my current game I have comms with the Pre race, however it never really got me anything even with a diplo team working on them to get to Trade treaty. 

Shortly after the trade treaty was achieved I ran into them in another system with my planetary explorers and they quickly took offence and blew my ships away - relations then returned to the default status of communications via fusion warheads
Slàinte,

Mike