Author Topic: I can't make sense of the range in individual unit details.  (Read 1236 times)

Offline jiduthie (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
I can't make sense of the range in individual unit details.
« on: February 13, 2016, 03:05:16 AM »
Is there an easy way to tell the current range of a ship given its current fuel reserves? I see that there's a 'range' box under the maintenance heading of the individual units window, but its not making much sense to me. As an example, I have two ships of the same class with 190k litres of fuel for 168bkm range. Ship A has 157,261 litres of fuel for 2651.5b range. Ship B has 141,313 litres of fuel for 2301.7b range. The ratios seem to be the same between range and fuel but what exactly does the b mean? Why isn't range listed simply in bkm?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: I can't make sense of the range in individual unit details.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:32:22 AM »
Is there an easy way to tell the current range of a ship given its current fuel reserves? I see that there's a 'range' box under the maintenance heading of the individual units window, but its not making much sense to me. As an example, I have two ships of the same class with 190k litres of fuel for 168bkm range. Ship A has 157,261 litres of fuel for 2651.5b range. Ship B has 141,313 litres of fuel for 2301.7b range. The ratios seem to be the same between range and fuel but what exactly does the b mean? Why isn't range listed simply in bkm?

It's a bug that must have been there since I made the changes to fuel consumption. Fixed for 7.2

Offline jiduthie (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
Re: I can't make sense of the range in individual unit details.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 04:24:18 AM »
Cool, I found a bug! Thanks Steve!