Author Topic: AuroraMod 1.9.x - Custom colors, fonts, scale, window resizing, auto-save, etc  (Read 14817 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
The 6 waypoints buttons are only partially visible.

This is usually a problem with the UI scale + font size chosen. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about that without potentially breaking the layout in other scale/font combinations.
If you share your settings file (or your UI scale values and your font values) I can take a look and see what I can do.

• t
Sometimes the queue up and down buttons in the industry screen stop working when there is fighters, missiles, and buildings in production.

If you send me your DB in a state where the bug is easily reproducible, I can take a look.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Sometimes the queue up and down buttons in the industry screen stop working when there is fighters, missiles, and buildings in production.

If you send me your DB in a state where the bug is easily reproducible, I can take a look.

I can't reproduce that one but I found another bug. My fighter factories constantly are disappearing after a bit of playing on new games.

Attached is DB.

• t
I can't reproduce that one but I found another bug. My fighter factories constantly are disappearing after a bit of playing on new games.
Attached is DB.

That attached DB looks like it's a fresh game. To debug the issue I'll need a DB where the issue is ongoing so that I can reproduce locally.
If you suspect the issue is display related (text is hidden or off-screen) then the Aurora.mod.config file would also be useful.

EDIT: Alternatively, precise steps to reproduce the issue would do the trick.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:34:29 PM by twice2double »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Attached is DB.

That attached DB looks like it's a fresh game. To debug the issue I'll need a DB where the issue is ongoing so that I can reproduce locally.
If you suspect the issue is display related (text is hidden or off-screen) then the Aurora.mod.config file would also be useful.

Check the save that starts with the word last. it was also a new game but the 40 starting fighter factories on earth are suddenly not there anymore after I saved and reloaded. Never happens to me without the mod but I can do it consistently with the mod.

The things I do every time:

Start new game with default settings.
Set training level to 5 and set up Naval leader and Earth leader.
Save game. Set up construction queue.
Save game.
Suddenly all my fighter factories (start with 40) are gone. Cannot reproduce in unmodded.

I have reproduced this 3 times.

The following users thanked this post: twice2double

• t
Gotcha. Thanks for the details. Will investigate.

• t
Save game.
Suddenly all my fighter factories (start with 40) are gone. Cannot reproduce in unmodded.

I'm having a really hard time reproducing this. I tried with the steps above, in that order, with no other actions.
I tried various construction queue items, saving and closing the game between each step, with all AuroraMod features enabled and none enabled.
No luck yet. I'm using AuroraMod 1.9.5-6.

Any more details or steps you think could be relevant?

If anyone else can reproduce this that would be helpful.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Save game.

I'm having a really hard time reproducing this. I tried with the steps above, in that order, with no other actions.
I tried various construction queue items, saving and closing the game between each step, with all AuroraMod features enabled and none enabled.
No luck yet. I'm using AuroraMod 1.9.5-6.

Any more details or steps you think could be relevant?

If anyone else can reproduce this that would be helpful.

I think I might of changed the starting research points to 100 000 and set auto research tech (just 1 check box). I will also try to think what else I do at the start of a regular game that might affect it.

I will try to reproduce myself and test to see if I can reproduce on vanilla after. I was able to get it to happen once today and twice last night.

Also just realized I am running version -3
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:47:15 AM by DFNewb »

• t
OK I was able to reproduce with those two extra steps (100k tech points and auto assign tech). However this also happens with vanilla Aurora. Seems the fighter factories aren't part of the starting setup with those two options during the create game process.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
The savegame buttons background gradually turning more red the further you have gone without saving is pure genius level UI design!  :) Excellent work!

Offline Rook

• Petty Officer
Thanks for making this mod.  Been looking forward to changing the color scheme.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
OK I was able to reproduce with those two extra steps (100k tech points and auto assign tech). However this also happens with vanilla Aurora. Seems the fighter factories aren't part of the starting setup with those two options during the create game process.

Hmmm I must of missed 1 of the two extra stepped when I tested in Vanilla.

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
The 6 waypoints buttons are only partially visible.

This is usually a problem with the UI scale + font size chosen. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about that without potentially breaking the layout in other scale/font combinations.
If you share your settings file (or your UI scale values and your font values) I can take a look and see what I can do.

This was using one of the preset, I think it is MrCABman preset, although I'm not fully sure. This is why I'm reporting it, a preset should not have known issue, although I understand it might be time consuming for you to double check all presets. But there are windows more 'sensitive'  than other to font change, like the waypoints button, or the movement panel: you should check that the 15 checkboxes indicating what you want to list (planets, waypoints, lifepod) can be seen. If not, the font chosen is not appropriate.

And I can confirm with 99% certainty that your code correctly change comma to dot as numerical separator  :D

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
Thank you for the mod.  My eyes will survive now.

• t
This was using one of the preset, I think it is MrCABman preset, although I'm not fully sure. This is why I'm reporting it, a preset should not have known issue, although I understand it might be time consuming for you to double check all presets. But there are windows more 'sensitive'  than other to font change, like the waypoints button, or the movement panel: you should check that the 15 checkboxes indicating what you want to list (planets, waypoints, lifepod) can be seen. If not, the font chosen is not appropriate.

Yes that's true. I think the problem is the preset themes aren't tied to the UI scale setting. In a future update I will make it so when you select a preset theme, it also makes accompanying UI scale changes. I'll also add a warning to the user that changing the scale may break layout with the selected font and font size.