Author Topic: Aurora Government Simulator  (Read 27178 times)

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Re: Aurora Government Simulator 2.1
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2021, 12:00:40 AM »
Ah yes i love it so much. Thank you for the expansion. Now i finally dont need to contend w/elections. Long live the king!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982 (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2021, 12:37:34 AM »
Long live the king!

Until a new king comes along...  ;D

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:43 AM »
or a Falling Dictator stubbed on the back by his right hand.

Don't you just hate it when your treacherous lieutenant tries to murder you with a rubber knife? Why'd he use a rubber knife? Well, it turns out the treacherous lieutenant had his own treacherous right hand looking to move up in the world...

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2021, 07:15:16 AM »
Long live the king!

Until a new king comes along...  ;D

Thats what secret police is for.  ;)

Offline brondi00

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • b
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2021, 10:52:03 AM »
How do you decide who the successors or important should be.  I currently just pick a high ranking person from each job (scientist, general, admiral, admin).

Any ideas from the people here?

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2021, 11:27:11 AM »
I mean i would just make an heir since i would do a monarchy anyway. Legal heir takes precedence. Then his brother or other of age male relative. Agnatic Succession works best in my opinion. If you would like females to be able to do it. Agnatic-Cognatic Succession. Imagine CK2's succession system. Thats basically what i think about with this kind of thing. Its actually similar to the system in CK2.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
Re: Aurora Government Simulator 3.1
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 02:39:16 AM »
Aurora Government Simulator 3.1 - OUT NOW!

Hi all,

the update 3.0 is now complete. It is an update that has changed all the UI, added a GUI, and expanded or fixed all aspects of the file. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Below the changelog and link to download (otherwise head back to the main post)

3.0 OLIGARCHY UPDATE
Balanced FEDERATION formulas
Balanced REPUBLIC formulas
Balanced all formulas to avoid double up elements on the same values
Reworked Mineral Shortage now to include FUEL
Reworked War modifiers
Reworked UI entirely
Reworked Unrest to be dynamic - no need for the player to manually insert a value
Reworked Naval Shipyard Tonnage now as Automated Alert Levels System
Reworked Commercial Shipyard Tonnage now as Automated Economy System
Reworked Separatists
Added New GUI to make data easy to access and read
Added Leadership - Will contribute to keeping the unrest from rising if leader has been elected with a good margin, however, if election was contested or a close then the population will lose faith in the leadership causing unrest
Added Military Organization: Will determine the level of preparation of the military providing the relative bonuses
Added Population Wealth: Will determine the level of wealth of the population providing the relative bonuses
Added Racial Pro Capita Income Tech to work in pair with Population Wealth Modifier
Added Society: Will determine how the population feel towards freedom and such providing the relative bonuses
Added Population Status (under new Unrest area): Will determine the population morale providing the relative bonuses
Added At War (Attacked) modifier to impact militarists votes
Added At War (Declared) modifier to impact democratic votes
Added At War (Justified) modifier to make possible war declared with causus belli are treated as defensive wars
Added Dynamic Society Traits (Currently Under Constitution)
Added Constitutional Reform EDUCATION to help Scientists movement mid-game struggles - Dynamic Society Traits
Added Constitutional Reform SLAVERY - Dynamic Society Traits
Added Focus mechanic - possibility to boost one racial trait
Added Race Policies which will provide bonuses or malus to different Dynamic Values
Added Race Policy Conscription
Added Race Policy Xeno Laws
Added Race Policy Civilian Academies
Added Race Policy Consumer Benefits
Added New Oligarchy Government kind Monarchy
Added New Oligarchy Government kind Corporate
Added New Oligarchy Government kind Totalitarian
Added New Oligarchy Condition Birthright
Added New Oligarchy Condition Confidence
Added New Oligarchy Condition Elective
Added New Oligarchy Condition Life
Added New Leader Mechanics for Oligarchy
Removed Home Page
Fixed error in SEPARATISTS formula on FEDERATION which led to Separatists always in power coming from DEMOCRACY
Fixed error in Unrest Formula
Fixed multiple errors in some Formulas

3.1 HOTFIX

Fixed Sync Problem on the Oligarchy GUI
Fixed Oligarchy GUI look to be consistent with other GUIs
Fixed an error that led to display N/A Characters on the Oligarchy GUI despite being disabled

3.2 HOTFIX

Fixed sync for motion vote

Direct Download here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11908.0;attach=6219
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:13:47 AM by Froggiest »

The following users thanked this post: Rook

Offline brondi00

• b
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »
Are the policies documented anywhere?  Some are self explanatory but I'm wondering about how they relate to the game?

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2021, 05:08:21 PM »
Are the policies documented anywhere?  Some are self explanatory but I'm wondering about how they relate to the game?

Race Policies provide buffs to different Dynamic Values:

Conscription N - Determination +0.25%,
Conscription Y - Diplomacy -0.25%, Expansion +1.5%, Militancy +0.5%
Xeno Laws N - Diplomacy +0.25%
Xeno Laws Y - Militancy +0.5%, Xenophobia +1%
Civilian Academies N - Xenophobia +0.25%
Civilian Academies Y - Determination +0.5%, Diplomacy +1%, Expansion -0.25%
Consumer Benefits N - Militancy +0.25%
Consumer Benefits Y - Trade +0.5%

They can be used in pair with Race Focus to help countering the growth or drop of a particular trait. Another modifier is related to the 1st and 2nd most voted parties. They receive a 10% and a 5% bonus respectively on their preferred trait:

Federalists - Militancy
Pacifists - Diplomacy
Mercantile And Industrialists - Trade
Scientists - Determination
Nationalists - Xenophobia
Militarists - Expansion

Your Constitution is also affecting the Dynamics.

Please note, dynamic values should be updated before every election as they impact the base pool of electors.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:13:55 AM by Froggiest »

The following users thanked this post: brondi00

Offline brondi00

• b
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2021, 12:29:26 PM »
Related question, what does dangerous galaxy mean, like when should I click it and what does it do?

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2021, 02:13:05 PM »
Related question, what does dangerous galaxy mean, like when should I click it and what does it do?

I just noticed that somehow all the updates which were discussing how things works have gone, sigh!

Dangerous Galaxy: When you will be fired upon for the first time from a Non Player Race or Spoiler the option should be flagged. Some players do use it only against NPRs, however, that is your choice as the rule and the balance is as per previous line. The goal was to give players more military power in case of Democratic or Republican Starts when the military is quite low or non existent.

These are life changing events and once flagged they stay flagged for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:15:22 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2021, 06:08:29 AM »
I'm in the work (for 1.13 when that hit) to setup a complex campaign with eight playable human factions on Earth going into space and I planned to use your tool to handle part of the government to help with the role-play a bit as it seem fun even if time consuming for eight factions.

But I have one question as I have not fiddled with it for a while... and not sure there is one thing I understand properly. You are suppose to vote on "Motions" as a Democratic or Oligarch government. But the list of "Motions" seem to be blank?!

I use the latest version of LibreOffice so that should probably not be the problem.

Also... the prestige level of the leading character for each faction is that completely a role-play decision or do you use something like the political value of the character to determine their prestige? I will probably use the medal system to keep track on important character and whether they are one or the other factions and if they held office. Some forms don't allow a person to hold office for more than a limited time for example.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:22:56 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2021, 09:21:21 AM »
A few more questions... regarding race information.

How do I set or influence the items such as Military Organisation, Training, Alert Level, Scientific Community, Economy, Education?

I don't find anything that make me either change them or directly influencing them.

I would also make a suggestion to perhaps include a bit more of a breakdown of population census. Such as capital planets population... both faction and neutral population and even total population for multi-faction Earth campaigns. I'm pretty sure that if 90% of the population live on the capital then having 10 populated colonies are not the same as of 90% of the population live on the colonies with 10 total populated colonies.

Have you ever thought of having the tool reading the database directly... perhaps even change stuff in it to some degree... would make things way simpler and the tool could be made even more powerful with even more political options and interactions?

You could look at the colonies  individually and colonies could have their own local political climate and there could be a small event system where colonies make demands on federal/imperial funds etc... too much or too little people with no job could pose problems. Most colonies should demand being more and more self sufficient the more population they have etc... many interesting things you could potentially do...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:25:56 AM by Jorgen_CAB »

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2021, 02:18:46 PM »
But I have one question as I have not fiddled with it for a while... and not sure there is one thing I understand properly. You are suppose to vote on "Motions" as a Democratic or Oligarch government. But the list of "Motions" seem to be blank?!

When you chose Democracy on A6 (Top of the Table), tge democracy area and option will be enabled, if tgey don't perhaps I have done some errors. I don't have my pc on hand now, however, I remember to have tested it so I am sure it's the tab selection the issue. Oligarchy vote is available only for corporate governments. Again on A6 you have Oligarchy and tgen in the Oligarchy sub menu you can select Corporate and the option will be enabled.

Also... the prestige level of the leading character for each faction is that completely a role-play decision or do you use something like the political value of the character to determine their prestige? I will probably use the medal system to keep track on important character and whether they are one or the other factions and if they held office. Some forms don't allow a person to hold office for more than a limited time for example.

You are correct. Atm is Role Play. I use your same metrics currently.

I am pondering to use a similar structure to the Oligarchic system, however I think democratic forms suffer less the personality cult of leadership than oligarchic ones, hence the 2 different options.

How do I set or influence the items such as Military Organisation, Training, Alert Level, Scientific Community, Economy, Education?

I don't find anything that make me either change them or directly influencing them.

The values are dynamic and influenced by a several number of other factors and works in a point system. Once you reach the points for the modifier to switch it will. The reason why apparently you cannot influence them is because you are testing it in a "static" environment. If you play and update the file every turn of election properly you will see the change.

If you want to simulate that you need to change policies, constitution and racial traits.

I would also make a suggestion to perhaps include a bit more of a breakdown of population census. Such as capital planets population... both faction and neutral population and even total population for multi-faction Earth campaigns. I'm pretty sure that if 90% of the population live on the capital then having 10 populated colonies are not the same as of 90% of the population live on the colonies with 10 total populated colonies.

Have you ever thought of having the tool reading the database directly... perhaps even change stuff in it to some degree... would make things way simpler and the tool could be made even more powerful with even more political options and interactions?

You could look at the colonies  individually and colonies could have their own local political climate and there could be a small event system where colonies make demands on federal/imperial funds etc... too much or too little people with no job could pose problems. Most colonies should demand being more and more self sufficient the more population they have etc... many interesting things you could potentially do...  ;)

I 100% agree with you. At tge beginning the file was including more data entry that I have actually automated as I needed something more "simple" for the people less hard core.

The population breakdown was one of them.

The problem is that I really wish I had the tools/ability to get the data to update from tge DB as you said, because there is so much I would like to do and add and many of the formulas and mechanics are already there so it wouldnt even take that long to update.

Maybe an help in this department will be required
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:14:05 AM by Froggiest »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2021, 03:41:41 PM »
I have two sheets in my document which are Government and Rules.

If I select Democracy and then expand the Democracy part and select the "Democracy Motion Vote" drop-down the list is empty. In the box it says "War - Military Ops" but the drop down is empty.

The same is true for the Oligarchy. If I choose that government type... the drop-down list for voting on the "Corporate Board Vote" it also is empty and the text in the box says "Peace - Peace Ops"

I have also run some imaginary election with the a mega corporation and yes I can see values changing as policies and other things are changed as well as the traits change. So I think I understand how it all are meant to work now... ;)
It seem to work really well... this corporate faction seem to act and respond in a way one of my faction I intend to use should work. In general they will avoid physical conflict and use trade/information as a weapon with other factions. They will happily sell military equipment too whoever needs it so building military ships and components to sell them seem something they truly can do with the types of people on corporate board of directors.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:10:41 PM by Jorgen_CAB »