Author Topic: AuroraMod 1.12.x-final - Custom colors, fonts, scale, resizing, auto-save, etc  (Read 25295 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t

Reddit Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora4x_mods/comments/jd7c67/mod_auroramod_112xfinal_custom_colors_fonts/
MediaFire Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6z23omkpmcrgknh/AuroraMod-1.12.0-0.zip/file

Current Features:
    - Customizable theme (icons, background colors, text colors, UI scale, font, and font size)
    - Window resizing
    - Save notification and auto-save
    - Shortcut keys (Economics and Fleet windows)
    - Customizable date formats and culture settings (comma vs period)
    - Game generation seed
    - Custom mineral display names
    - Configuration GUI

Installation:
    1) Extract in your Aurora 1.12.x folder
    2) Fire up AuroraMod.exe
    OR just use AuroraLoader

FAQ:
    Q: Do I have to start a new campaign to use this mod?
    A: No, you can freely switch back and forth between the mod and vanilla Aurora provided they have matching version numbers (ie: Aurora 1.11.x is compatible with AuroraMod 1.11.x-x).
    Q: This mod doesn't even do anything! Lame.
    A: Ensure you're starting Aurora with the provided exe (AuroraMod.exe) and you have enabled one or more features in the configuration window.
    Q: Why does the version have the world "final" in it?
    A: There will not be a AuroraMod 1.13.x. I will continue to add features and apply bug fixes to 1.12.x, but I will not upgrade AuroraMod to follow Steve's major releases anymore. It is becoming increasingly difficult and time consuming to keep up with the obfuscated code changes and I can no longer justify putting in that much effort on a game I rarely play.

Disclaimer:
By using this mod, you forfeit the option of submitting bugs on the forum. If you encounter a bug, please attempt to reproduce on vanilla Aurora (you can use the same DB), then report your findings here. We can discuss further actions from there.

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Note that I'm having issues uploading the zip file to the forum. Please use the MediaFire link to download the mod.

The following users thanked this post: Neceros, Iestwyn, aks2161989

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Thanks man!

Offline Caveman31

• Leading Rate
  • C
Having just rejoined the Aurora 4x playing community I'm sad to see you stop working on it.  But, I feel like I need to express my gratitude to you for working on something that has and will continue to bring so many people joy.  I wish there was another way for me to express that gratitude to you in some way.  I wish you nothing but the best and may the stars welcome you into the cosmos in whichever way forward you go!

The following users thanked this post: Iestwyn

Offline ReviewDude01

• Petty Officer
  • R
Is there any chance you could add some. open said NPR and manually delete ships, or force skip time by 5 days button?
for 1.11 and or/ 1.12  having constant 5second pulses is making C aurora terrible right now for me. I have tried most of the suggested things on the forum. None works. No im not willing to wait 2 hours of real time to have some 2 NPRs being 80 light years away to have their fight resolved properly, btw disabling detection does not work for me. So it could be also a bug, NPR being stucked in a loop etc.

Offline the obelisk

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
I seem to be having a bug where all populations are listed as my home population on the population screen.  I've checked, and when I launch Aurora without the mod, things work fine.

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
I have the same bug, luckily you can get around it by selecting "By Function".

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
The SM buttons of the Intelligence and Foreign Relations does not apply themes colors

Offline aks2161989

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • a
@twice2double I have joined this forum simply to thank you for this fantastic mod! This solved the ONLY problem I had when playing Aurora - unresizable Windows! Thank you so much!

The following users thanked this post: Iestwyn

Offline Cristo

• Chief Petty Officer
I'm getting a weird bug where all colonies show with the name 'earth' in the F2 menu - any ideas?

https://cdn.  discordapp.  com/attachments/417352964974313472/789320509346152448/unknown.  png

Edit for anyone else with this issue that got here from google: select 'star' or 'by function' and it fixes itself!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 09:31:12 PM by Cristo »

The following users thanked this post: Rook

Offline Marski

• Commander
Awesome mod.
By the way, Aurora 1.13 is out, the mods needs to be updated since it doesn't work with the latest game version.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Awesome mod.
By the way, Aurora 1.13 is out, the mods needs to be updated since it doesn't work with the latest game version.

Per OP:

FAQ:
    [...]
    Q: Why does the version have the world "final" in it?
    A: There will not be a AuroraMod 1.13.x. I will continue to add features and apply bug fixes to 1.12.x, but I will not upgrade AuroraMod to follow Steve's major releases anymore. It is becoming increasingly difficult and time consuming to keep up with the obfuscated code changes and I can no longer justify putting in that much effort on a game I rarely play.

Unless a community mod version becomes possible 1.13 will not happen.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
I think we need to pressure Steve to incorporate some of the features from the mod...  personally I really need the color part of this mod as I find Steve's original colors to be really bad for my eyes.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Nori

Offline Marski

• Commander
I think we need to pressure Steve to incorporate some of the features from the mod...  personally I really need the color part of this mod as I find Steve's original colors to be really bad for my eyes.
Same, it actually becomes painful for my eyes after one hour, for me atleast.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
It'd be nice to be able to change colors to something more eye friendly for sure. Even just a config file with community supplied color templates.