Author Topic: Locale - A simple mod to apply culture/locale settings to Aurora  (Read 7981 times)

Offline twice2double (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
Locale is a simple patch that allows you to specify a culture/locale setting which Aurora will use.
Useful for people who don't want to change their system settings in order to play the game.

Installation

This patch requires the AuroraPatch runtime.

1) Download the latest release of AuroraPatch from it's GitHub releases page and dump the zip file contents in your Aurora folder: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/AuroraPatch/releases
2) Download the attachment and extract it in your Aurora\Patches\ folder

Running

Run AuroraPatch.exe from inside the Aurora directory.

Use the "Change settings" button while the Locale patch is selected to change the desired culture/locale.

Changes

1.1.0.0 - Now supports Date/Time display format override.
1.0.0.0 - Initial release.

Code

AuroraPatch source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/AuroraPatch
Locale source code can be found here: https://github.com/Aurora-Modders/Locale
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:03:10 AM by twice2double »

The following users thanked this post: serger, StarshipCactus, DawnMachine, Foxxonius Augustus, Destragon, gpt3

Offline DawnMachine

• Petty Officer
  • D
Thanks for your work!

Offline DawnMachine

• Petty Officer
  • D
Unfortunately, it didn't help.  Only the date format works

Offline NightlinerSGS

• Petty Officer
  • N
Re: Locale - A simple mod to apply culture/locale settings to Aurora
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 03:02:25 AM »
Thanks! With this I can finally let Aurora run in background all the time again without having to worry that everything else I start is in the wrong format. :)

One question though, currently it looks like I have to set it to enGB every time I start Aurora. Is there a way to make the setting stick?

• t
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 09:32:12 PM »
One question though, currently it looks like I have to set it to enGB every time I start Aurora. Is there a way to make the setting stick?

It should auto-save your settings and load them up every time.
I've added an issue in the repository to test and address any issues with that mechanic.

Offline sulu244

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 12:51:49 AM »
So I may just be dumb, but it seems like the date is not applying properly for me.   I have the date format set to MMMM dd, yyyy but in game it still shows up as dd MMMM yyyy. 

Edit: On further exploration, it seems it applies properly everywhere but on the tactical map/event log.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:56:29 AM by sulu244 »

• t
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 08:52:41 AM »
There's a fix in the works for that. I've received a contribution from Stormtrooper in Discord to fix the issue (if you can compile the latest code you'll get the fix), however it's not as flexible as I would like it so I've been holding off on creating a release. Currently it will just duplicate the date format for the tactical map window and add the format of 'HH:mm:ss' at the end. However if the user's date format already has those values, the dates will show up wonky again. Just need a few cycles to fix it.

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 11:34:12 AM »
I'm well aware of this, but honestly don't see a reason why you'd bother. I know it's bugged if someone includes time together with date, but I think it's safe to be left that way - nobody would include hours in the default format IMO because then dates won't fit for example in research screen, which could be considered as another bug, this time straight from the game.

Offline MasonMac

• Registered
  • M
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »
It doesn't seem to affect the date format for events.

Offline The Scout

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 10:04:10 PM »
What date format is the game expecting to exist, and does it cover both short and long dates?