Author Topic: How do I find a socalled 'dormant jump point'?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Fistandantillus7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
How do I find a socalled 'dormant jump point'?
« on: November 10, 2021, 01:51:28 PM »
Steve has added a button to designate a system as 'not gravsurveyed' for v2.0 but until then, how do I go about finding a new jump point in a system I have already surveyed? It is actually somewhere in one of two completely empty systems that form a dead end spur. With no planets, asteroids or comets to put DST stations on do I simply manually re-assign the 60 survey points for resurvey?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: How do I find a socalled 'dormant jump point'?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 01:55:37 PM »
Steve has added a button to designate a system as 'not gravsurveyed' for v2.0 but until then, how do I go about finding a new jump point in a system I have already surveyed? It is actually somewhere in one of two completely empty systems that form a dead end spur. With no planets, asteroids or comets to put DST stations on do I simply manually re-assign the 60 survey points for resurvey?

This is the only option for now, yes. In fact the change in 2.0 is motivated because Steve had to do this and got annoyed by it.

You can narrow down the search if you can set up reconnaissance to at least narrow down the area of space the JP might be in by spotting NPR fleet movements - if you're very lucky you'll see them jump in or out, but at least you can see that their ships approach from a certain direction and direct your search there.

Offline Fistandantillus7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
Re: How do I find a socalled 'dormant jump point'?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 06:57:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

It appears the AI gave up after they saw me (so far). From their perspective we met in the third completely empty system in a row. Putting tiny space stations with the smallest thermal sensor possible at every jump point turns out to be a great idea.

I looked in the database, thinking my survey team survey team would be drawn to the correct point by 'anomalous readings'. Turns out they have two more 'dormant' jump points back to my empire. One into a system I revealed and then had to go refuel before surveying (I'm on my way back) and the other into what is already the neutral system between our empires. I decided all that poking around in the db was enough effort and SMed the first and third into view.