Author Topic: A few questions about battles from a newbie  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Entaro (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
A few questions about battles from a newbie
« on: November 27, 2021, 12:29:00 PM »
1. Can I somehow set the number of missiles tied to the fire control system - by entering a number, not dragging them with the mouse?
2. Let's say there is a battle at close range with the use of beam weapons.
I want to be at a distance of 10 thousand km from the enemy - all the time. How exactly do I need to configure this?
3. Is it possible to somehow adjust the maintenance of the distance with the enemy, or follow the enemy in such a way that my ships do not stop, reducing the speed to 0, or to the speed of the enemy, but constantly move at maximum speed, circling around the enemy, or simply maneuvering at this point? In order not to lose the weapon evasion bonus for speed.
4. Is it possible to configure so that after the destruction of a given target, my ships will automatically target the fire control systems - the nearest enemy ship?

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: A few questions about battles from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:57:20 PM »
1. Can I somehow set the number of missiles tied to the fire control system - by entering a number, not dragging them with the mouse?
2. Let's say there is a battle at close range with the use of beam weapons.
I want to be at a distance of 10 thousand km from the enemy - all the time. How exactly do I need to configure this?
3. Is it possible to somehow adjust the maintenance of the distance with the enemy, or follow the enemy in such a way that my ships do not stop, reducing the speed to 0, or to the speed of the enemy, but constantly move at maximum speed, circling around the enemy, or simply maneuvering at this point? In order not to lose the weapon evasion bonus for speed.
4. Is it possible to configure so that after the destruction of a given target, my ships will automatically target the fire control systems - the nearest enemy ship?

2) Follow at range 10,000 in the movement commands is the best way i know of, but that requires your ships being as fast if not faster then your enemy.
3) Not that i know of, but i do not know everything about this game.
4) You can use "Fire At Will FC" which will randomly select a target for that FC (fire Control). However this is not the best idea at the start/early into combat when target selection is very important. It is better used against old outdated ships that do not pose much of a threat, disabled ships &  Commercial ships.

The following users thanked this post: Entaro

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 01:02:17 PM »
Use the 'assign all' option when dragging missiles and launchers, or use automated assignment.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono, Entaro

Offline Entaro (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 02:06:39 PM »
Use the 'assign all' option when dragging missiles and launchers, or use automated assignment.
I use these options.
But in some cases, you have to manually drag and drop launchers too much.

Situation:
1 me ship with 50 rocket launchers and 4 fire controls. The enemy has ships that I have determined are destroyed with a 90% guarantee of 16 missiles.
In this case, if the enemy does not have anti-missile defense, I use automatic assignment, and then manually drag 3 rocket launchers from the 4th fire control device to the rest. 4th - I turn it off, respectively.

The method is not bad, of course, but if in the future it will be possible to enter a number, instead of moving it manually with the mouse, it will be more convenient :)

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 02:48:06 PM »
I use these options.
But in some cases, you have to manually drag and drop launchers too much.

Situation:
1 me ship with 50 rocket launchers and 4 fire controls. The enemy has ships that I have determined are destroyed with a 90% guarantee of 16 missiles.
In this case, if the enemy does not have anti-missile defense, I use automatic assignment, and then manually drag 3 rocket launchers from the 4th fire control device to the rest. 4th - I turn it off, respectively.

The method is not bad, of course, but if in the future it will be possible to enter a number, instead of moving it manually with the mouse, it will be more convenient :)

The equivalent of the "Amount Popup" checkbox in the Ground Forces window.
Drag one weapon to the fire control and Aurora asks how many to assign.
(Edit) And asks if you want the same number of weapons assigned all other firecons of this type? (/edit)

Not sure if this will help but you can use the "Assign Fleet" to copy settings to ships of the same class in the rest of that fleet.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 02:58:09 PM by Migi »

The following users thanked this post: Entaro