Author Topic: White Screens  (Read 4383 times)

Offline HighTemplar

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • H
Re: White Screens
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 02:47:12 AM »
AnotherRookie in the Discord discovered a way to reproduce this issue, and because of that, I was able to find a workaround

Reproduction steps
1. Open any Aurora menu such as the event window or econ window.
2. Minimize the window
3. Close it from the taskbar.

This suggested a workaround:

Workaround until issue is fixed
The "Reset Windows" button in the miscellaneous tab of the tactical map will fix the problem for anyone who experiences it.

So the problem is the way window coordinates are saved in the database. That should give you a good place to start looking, Steve.

Thanks again to AnotherRookie in the Discord server for giving me reproduction steps.

Worked Great, thanks

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 03:32:28 AM »
Not sure if I count here, but when I tested Rifle's save file, I had a different manifestation of this issue. My version of this bug was that the Economics window showed up on the taskbar, but I couldn't actually find it anywhere on the screen, nor could I interact with it.

Try the Reset Windows button (Misc tab on Tac Map).

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 06:55:31 AM »
Not sure if I count here, but when I tested Rifle's save file, I had a different manifestation of this issue. My version of this bug was that the Economics window showed up on the taskbar, but I couldn't actually find it anywhere on the screen, nor could I interact with it.

Try the Reset Windows button (Misc tab on Tac Map).

Check the username of the person who posted the workaround. :)

EDIT: You probably already know this, but I reproduced the bug with the econ window and snuck a peek at the window position table in the DB. The Econ window was at -32000, -32000, which... doesn't seem right.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:35:03 AM by Inglonias »

Offline Diamondback556

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
I played all evening without encountering the issue once by just avoiding closing the windows by hovering over the task bar.  I would imagine Steve played predominantly on multiple monitors and used refresh functions rather than constantly opening and closing windows so it would make sense he didn’t run into this. 

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 11:56:31 AM »
This should now be fixed. Let me know if you see it in v1.1.