Author Topic: v1.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 9676 times)

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
Re: v1.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2020, 01:47:58 PM »
For some reason, on v1. 0 and now on v1. 1, at some point during the very first opening turns of a new game where I set up my research and start planning my first survey ships, I gain the technology component "Compressed Fuel Storage System - Small".  I am not using auto-allocate tech or any of the other auto-setup tools at game start.

I definitely did not instant-research compressed fuel storage, so I don't know why that component was unlocked for my ship designs.

You actually start off with the tech. think it's a bug but definitely one that was reported in 1.0. Can confirm it's still a thing as I started with it unlocked as a component before progressing any time with a TN player race start.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 01:51:09 PM »
Version 1.1

Related to: Events Window.

Whenever you start a new game the event window now defaults to Event Days: 0. Max Events: 0.

This gives the false impression that the events window isn't working, when actually it's just set to never display anything by default.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »
Is it definitely 3196? That function is only called when creating a shipyard task.

Yes it is, the screenshot i sent you is 3196, I do not know what is causing it and I am not even producing things, I think again it has something to do with my active fleets

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2020, 01:59:40 PM »
Admin commands has no effect in this version either.
Still only getting survey bonuses from ship commander and scientist.

None of the command levels are adding to it.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:27 PM »
So, I know that events are not available in the system view, but no events show up in the events screen either.  .  .   Since no one has mentioned having this problem AFAIK, I'm probably missing some settings to enable events to be displayed on the events screen? New game, non-NT start, mostly default game settings.   Help? Playing without seeing any events whatsoever is kinda hard :-D

EDIT: tested with the save provided in the install, events run just fine, created another new game, made sure I use all default settings, still no events for some reason. . .  What am I doing wrong here?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:04:46 PM by CatchItGamer »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2020, 02:00:57 PM »
The 3196 is an NPR bug. I will put out a new patch to sort this out in the next hour or so.

The following users thanked this post: bro918

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=10668. msg121885#msg121885 date=1586804380

Did you manually Assign a commander to each admin command? Are your ships operating within range of your constructed HQ level?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=10668. msg121885#msg121885 date=1586804380

Did you manually Assign a commander to each admin command? Are your ships operating within range of your constructed HQ level?

yes, and made sure that they go up by one level pr admin command. Still in Sol
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:26 PM »
So, I know that events are not available in the system view, but no events show up in the events screen either. . .  Since no one has mentioned having this problem AFAIK, I'm probably missing some settings to enable events to be displayed on the events screen? New game, non-NT start, mostly default game settings.  Help? Playing without seeing any events whatsoever is kinda hard :-D

For some reason, the default max events number and max days is set to zero. At the top of the events window are two text boxes that determine how many days of prior events get shown and how many events are show maximum. Make sure those are not set to zero.

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2020, 02:06:22 PM »
Quote from: Inglonias link=topic=10668. msg121891#msg121891 date=1586804666
Quote from: CatchItGamer link=topic=10668. msg121886#msg121886 date=1586804427
So, I know that events are not available in the system view, but no events show up in the events screen either.  .  .   Since no one has mentioned having this problem AFAIK, I'm probably missing some settings to enable events to be displayed on the events screen? New game, non-NT start, mostly default game settings.   Help? Playing without seeing any events whatsoever is kinda hard :-D

For some reason, the default max events number and max days is set to zero.  At the top of the events window are two text boxes that determine how many days of prior events get shown and how many events are show maximum.  Make sure those are not set to zero.

Oh boy, yeah, that did it, thanks!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »
So, I know that events are not available in the system view, but no events show up in the events screen either. . .  Since no one has mentioned having this problem AFAIK, I'm probably missing some settings to enable events to be displayed on the events screen? New game, non-NT start, mostly default game settings.  Help? Playing without seeing any events whatsoever is kinda hard :-D

For some reason, the default max events number and max days is set to zero. At the top of the events window are two text boxes that determine how many days of prior events get shown and how many events are show maximum. Make sure those are not set to zero.

Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: GhostIsGone

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
Training Fuel Use and No Maintenance both fixed.

Offline hadi

• Aurora blind player
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »
Steve, sorry for the double post,
The 28 buttons in the map that  launches different   windows, saves the game, game menu, and auto turn button are all unlabeled to the screen readers.
This is sort of the only major issue that we're having, I sort of  randomly press buttons till the window i want is opened lol
Sorry for posting this again, i know you're dealing with major major bugs right now

Do you know how I can label them for screen readers? Do they need text on them?
I think i should have just given you the exact example, to avoid confusion
AccessibleName Property
AccessibleName Property
This is the name of a control reported to accessibility aids. It may be set in the Properties window, or in code as follows:
C#
code example:
Button1.AccessibleName = "industry"
At this point, I was suspecting demonic intervention.
-Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
It seems part of the ship design tonnage bug was fixed, but there is still another tonnage bug remaining.     When you click "Update Armor" (even with no new armor tech to upgrade to), it erroneously changes the armor amount and ship tonnage.     When you select a different ship design and then click back, the armor values are reset to their "true values".   

Also, when you add components to a ship and remove them, the ship again miscalculates its tonnage.     Fixed again by selecting some other ship design, and then going back to the one you were working on.   

Example: My test ship with 10 armor layers is 2,312 tons.  I add 1x "cargo hold standard".  Ship is now 37,950 tons.  I then remove the "cargo hold standard".  Ship is now shown as 2,339 tons, somehow.

Definite bug, easily reproducible.   It was like this in 1.  0, as well.   Seems related to armor calculations.   

This seems to be working fine for me. This is definitely v1.1?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2020, 02:13:07 PM »
Still getting Function 1512 errors when SM creating a NPR "New Race" in Sol.

1512 is a sequence of play error. What is the error text? Is this conventional game?