Author Topic: v1.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:54 PM »
LG Infrastructure ndoes not work.
I tried colonizing Schaumasse and have more than enough infrastructure, yet the political stability sunk to 1%.  This happened in 1. 00 but in 1. 10 this bug still persists as in the stability is still not rising.

Are you are that isn't due to the population capacity rather than the infrastructure? How much pop do you have and what is the max for that body?

The following users thanked this post: Gladaed

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »
Am getting a function error in my new game, its a conventional start its intermittent but not constantly just occasionally, I have only justed starting the campaign attached below is the screenshot of the error.

Its related to shipbuilding. Do you have some form of shipbuilding task without a destination fleet?

Offline hadi

• Aurora blind player
  • Chief Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 12:29:54 PM »
Steve, sorry for the double post,
The 28 buttons in the map that  launches different   windows, saves the game, game menu, and auto turn button are all unlabeled to the screen readers.
This is sort of the only major issue that we're having, I sort of  randomly press buttons till the window i want is opened lol
Sorry for posting this again, i know you're dealing with major major bugs right now

Do you know how I can label them for screen readers? Do they need text on them?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/providing-accessibility-information-for-controls-on-a-windows-form

Pretty much what they said. The tab order bugs are similarly easy to fix, as documented at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/winforms/controls/how-to-set-the-tab-order-on-windows-forms.
This also means that there won't be any need for visual text labels on the icons, so visually they'll be icons still but behind the scenes they'll announce a text set for them!
At this point, I was suspecting demonic intervention.
-Steve

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »
I am Building two Survey vessels and their destination is the starting shipyard fleet, the only difference i see is that I cant see the starting fleets on the tactical map but they are there in the naval organisation.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
I am Building two Survey vessels and their destination is the starting shipyard fleet, the only difference i see is that I cant see the starting fleets on the tactical map but they are there in the naval organisation.

Thanks. I can't recreate yet, but I'll see if more people report it.

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 12:32:46 PM »
The starting colony name is always "Home World" even if you enter something else in race creation.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 12:38:24 PM »

So update, Its still happening even though I am not doing anything with any shipyard which makes me think it has something to do with the starting fleets or something akin to that

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 12:38:35 PM »
When two empires with the same homeworld (maybe just colonies on the same body) go hostile to each other and have ground forces, before any combat happens, the following message shows (an infinite time, not able to click all away): Function #1927: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I originally found this bug in an testgame, where I wanted to try the new ground combat. So I started a game with another race SM'ed to Earth. First I did this in an conventional, real stars game, then reproduced it with a new game (just infantry with PWL against infantry with CAP + HQs) using all standard settings for generating the races. Reproduced it in V1.10 with the already loaded game, just adding a race, letting it run a few days, then switching to hostile. Both instantbuilding, as well as recruiting the formations reproduced the error.
I have only the tactical map, and sometimes the event window open.

Also, Thank You alot for the release. Great work! :)

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 12:38:53 PM »
With Luna colonized and civvie ships on, I get constant divide by 0 errors.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 12:44:13 PM »
With Luna colonized and civvie ships on, I get constant divide by 0 errors.

What is the error number. Is this conventional or TN start?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »
When two empires with the same homeworld (maybe just colonies on the same body) go hostile to each other and have ground forces, before any combat happens, the following message shows (an infinite time, not able to click all away): Function #1927: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
I originally found this bug in an testgame, where I wanted to try the new ground combat. So I started a game with another race SM'ed to Earth. First I did this in an conventional, real stars game, then reproduced it with a new game (just infantry with PWL against infantry with CAP + HQs) using all standard settings for generating the races. Reproduced it in V1.10 with the already loaded game, just adding a race, letting it run a few days, then switching to hostile. Both instantbuilding, as well as recruiting the formations reproduced the error.
I have only the tactical map, and sometimes the event window open.

Also, Thank You alot for the release. Great work! :)

This is going to sound like a weird question but can they detect each other?

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »
I think this was a 1.00 and 1.10 bug but currently cannot see the sensor rings for Deep Space Tracking Systems on planets.  I have constructed 10 on Earth and SM'ed several tech advances to check and they never showed up.  They do for ships.  I have checked the sensor boxes on the display tab (all the passives vs. and the active and FCR ones) but no rings.  Also prepared to accept I'm missing something obvious as I work my way through and it isn't a bug.

Note:  Is the new sensor model not show us rings for DSTS passives and just assumes it operates out at range?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 01:04:20 PM by Kristover »

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
Not sure if it's a bug, or intended, but when zooming in on planets, moons, comets and asteroids, the bodies' size on screen doesn't change (unlike when one zooms in at Sol, the bright circle representing the star gets larger on screen)

Also, minimum zoom scale is, weirdly, 0k km. Maybe put in a limit to minimum and maximum zoom level?

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »
My current test game is getting repeated Function 3196 object reference not set errors with every production cycle.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 01:10:30 PM »

Getting the same error "3196 Object reference not set to an instance of an object". No shipbuilding started, as I'm still discovering TN tech.
I just changed the name of my Home World pop to Earth and Earth Academy to Earth University.

Other than that I've messed around with the starting fleets and added some admin commands, but that was a few months ago in game.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary