Author Topic: v1.30 Bugs Thread  (Read 32857 times)

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
Re: v1.30 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 11:46:28 PM »
In my current game, 10 years in, and I'm getting object reference not set errors in functions 1995, 1998, and 2398 every production cycle.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 11:50:48 PM »
v 1.30
Conventional start with no predesigned ground units.
Opening ground unit screen results in 2 instances of errors : #2639 and #2379
Creating and researching a unit class, and then creating a template did not mitigate the issue.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2020, 12:00:04 AM »
Wrecks and lifepods on lets say a NPR home planet will push all their contacts out of sight (using grouped contacts).

Clicking wrecks or life pods off does not solve the issue, the contacts are still somewhere high above while the invisible wreck and lifepod names still take up the space.

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2020, 12:03:21 AM »
v 1. 30

When creating more player controlled races on sol, you can not switch to the new race view in tactical (naval, economics, etc.  are working).  Restarting fixes the problem, refresh doesn´t.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2020, 12:03:58 AM »
In my current game, 10 years in, and I'm getting object reference not set errors in functions 1995, 1998, and 2398 every production cycle.

In my game 30 years in I just attacked a NPR in Sol using fighters, they destroyed all my fighters and the carriers, now I am getting error functions 1995, and 1998 every cycle, and I get 1482 when I save the game.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:16:23 AM by DFNewb »

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2020, 12:04:30 AM »
After landing ships on another ship there doesn't seem to be a way to get them off the mothership.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2020, 12:12:35 AM »
My reduced size (0.5HS) gauss cannons seem to have the same 100 percent accuracy as the 6 HS ones.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2020, 12:35:11 AM »
Finished Research with a queued research project still interrupts auto-turns. I would expect for auto-turns to not stop unless a research project finishes and there's no queued project after.

Also, there is no message in the Events Log that the science team has begun working on the queued research project. There should definitely be an event log message like there is in VB6, regardless of auto-turns.

Edit: Same for queued Industrial Construction. It interrupts auto-turns despite a queued project existing, and doesn't put a message in the event log that a queued project has now begun.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:28:40 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2020, 12:40:48 AM »
When picking up a number of installations greater than 1, attempting to drop off 1 installation drops all.

Offline buergerjoh

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2020, 12:41:19 AM »
v 1.30

Two minor bugs when auto-generating starting ground forces (and auto assigning techpoints):

Construction and xenoarchaelogy equipment are not researched, construction and xenoarchaelogy unit classes are created anyway.

The HQ calculation for the following unit templates are off, resulting in to low HQ ratings: Survey Expedition, Xenoarchaelogy Expedition, Construction Regiment. Infantry Regiment.

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2020, 12:42:24 AM »
All ground units that share the same name get marked obsolete when one unit gets marked as obsolete.

For example, I have a ground unit named Rifleman which is PWL Infantry and Rifleman which is PW Infantry; marking one as obsolete also marks the other as obsolete on the ground forces screen.

This is from 1.10, though I haven't seen this bug reported yet and it still might be in 1.30

EDIT: In addition, it might be prudent to be able to rename already-research ground units.

EDIT: Renaming units to another name does not resolve this issue, perhaps since they shared the same original name
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:18:01 AM by firsal »

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:24 AM »
Good morning, Steve!

Military Vessel equipped with Commercial Engines + Military Jump Drives can no longer "standard transit", due to mismatch between the engines and jump drive. That means a 50% power (or lower) engine cannot be jumped with a military jump drive, but a 55% power (or higher) engine can be.

I would have expected a Military Jump Drive to be able to jump a Military Vessel equipped with Commercial Engines, but it needs to be a Military Vessel equipped with Military Engines to jump successfully. Commercial engines have long been available for use on Military Vessels, so it is confusing now that Military Jump Drives cannot successfully jump them.

Ship design in question. All components are named accurately:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:53:19 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2020, 12:58:57 AM »
Increment length affects civilian shipping profitability.     Each ship only seems to check once per interval to do a trade.     As a result 30 day turns result in a much poorer civilian economy and infrastructure transfer than 1 or 5 day turns.     A trade route moving infrastructure and colonists between Earth and Luna is 6x more profitable at 5 day vs 30 days.     Mars, Venus, Mercury and other inner system destinations are likewise penalized.     Early on this can really low growth of colonies to a crawl as the shipping lines grow very slowly.   

Not sure if bug or missing feature, but a ship with a broken component worth more MSP than it's MSP storage will not repair itself when at a maintenance location with excess MSP and capacity.     Have had two of my geosurvey ships lose their sensors in their maiden voyage, and could only repair them with their shipyards slipway.     Didn't have a hangar, so not sure if it works with motherships, etc.   

Survey craft without functional sensors will not throw a warning when their standard order sends them to "survey" a body, just orbiting a place in perpetuity.   

Order Delay does not seem to work.    In VB6 I would use this to make a sort of alarm clock.    This helped with the civilian profitability issue above, which was in VB6 as well.    With the lightning fast turns, it is even more useful now.

Edit: Once the civies are up and running, they keep trying to trade infrastructure from populations that export it but are out of stock.   Included a screenshot, not sure how to insert as image.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:57:20 AM by Chrisianak »

The following users thanked this post: AeroEngine, Ancalagon

Offline Gnoman

• Leading Rate
  • G
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2020, 02:16:23 AM »
This is a bit hard to explain, but ordering a ship to be repaired does not remove it from the "ships needing repair" list immediately.  This allows you to assign the same ship for repair in multiple slips and/or shipyards.  If this happens, it will cause a divide by zero order whenever you open the Colonies Window, look at the Shipyard or Shipyard Tasks screens, or advance time by more than a few seconds.

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2020, 02:31:03 AM »
I clicked this button (I believe) and it caused all my perfectly auto-aligned systems to all be "reverted" to all occupying the same jumbled location. I had to manually drag them out back into a similar layout, much like VB6 galactic map days. I had never previously "saved" a galactic map layout in this game.

Sadly, I was no longer able to restore the perfect straight lines and spacing that the galactic map had originally laid out for me automatically, even with the help of the Align To Grid button.

I suggest there should be one or both of these solutions implemented when you have time:
1) Clicking the "Return systems to last saved position" button should NOT do anything if the person has not saved a galactic map layout.
2) There should be a new button that automatically lays out and spaces out all the systems on the galactic map just like it does when you first discover them.