Author Topic: C# Aurora v1.80 Patch  (Read 15360 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: C# Aurora v1.80 Patch
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
I fear Steve will feel burned by his pet project at some point, given how much he works on it. If you need to take a break Steve, then don't hesitate, we will wait (albeit impatiently, but we will wait).

Its fine. This is what I do for fun, so I not going to burn out. I've been putting in a lot of hours for six months, although by now I expected to be spending time in the motorhome :). I just want to get through the bugs so I can move to new features. One major thing is expanding the variety of NPRs for example and adding extra spoiler races. I don't want to do that without a stable version

All the bug reports have helped a lot with that goal, so thanks to everyone. The latest version still has some bugs but the number and severity seem to be dropping off. If that continues, the releases will start to come further apart as I managed to do some play-testing of my own.

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 07:21:50 AM »
NPR variety sounds exciting  ;D

IOM lock-down due to end on Friday, with some social distancing measures to remain in place - or so I hear. The weather has been very good for the last few weeks. Maybe some local motor-homing, dry runs are on the horizon? What MPG do you get in it? Or are you too scared to work it out? Although fuel costs will be pretty benevolent for a bit anyway.

The following users thanked this post: archene

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 08:53:21 AM »
NPR variety sounds exciting  ;D

IOM lock-down due to end on Friday, with some social distancing measures to remain in place - or so I hear. The weather has been very good for the last few weeks. Maybe some local motor-homing, dry runs are on the horizon? What MPG do you get in it? Or are you too scared to work it out? Although fuel costs will be pretty benevolent for a bit anyway.

MPG is about 23 on a long run - less around towns. Considering it is almost 25 foot long (7.5m) and 10 feet high (3m), I don't think that is too bad. Its about the same as my Shogun. Besides, given what I paid for it, I am not worrying abut the fuel :)

I am keen to get out and about on the island, but my wife not convinced yet :)

The following users thanked this post: joansam, Ektor, Ancalagon

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 11:40:36 AM »
Your wife is wise IMO. I'm gonna wait until there's no new cases for two weeks.

The following users thanked this post: archene

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 01:20:42 PM »
Hey Steve,

is there gonna be a stable version, where updates dont wipe savegames?

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »
path 1.x not save game compatible
path 1.x.x save compatible

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 02:07:00 PM »
path 1.x not save game compatible
path 1.x.x save compatible

Did you delete the two files or did you overwrite them?

Delete them, then extract the files and try again.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 02:35:47 PM »
Hey Steve,

No, but occasionally yes.

It's 90% likely the next patch will be 8.0.1 rather than 8.1.0, but it all depends on the seriousness of bugs we find and the extent of changes caused by suggestions implemented.  And even then, at some point there will be an 8.1.0.

Every release of Aurora will last as long as it lasts, and is subject to database-replacing upgrade at any time.  If you're that concerned about replacing your game, don't start one for another month or so -- or at least until the patches are a week apart or more -- or live with an out-of-date game with fewer features and do your best to avoid any bugs that have been discovered in the mean time.

Offline kadste

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for all the hard work that you have put in this labor of love.  You have made many people happy (including me!) and have taken our minds off this nasty virus. 

Is there somewhere that i can contribute to your motoring fuel fund.  Just a little way to say THANKS.

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »
Really appreciate the updates! I know its likely not the most interesting item, but is there a list of things fixed anywhere?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
Hey Steve,

There will never be a situation where future versions will always be save game compatible. That was still the case in VB6 for patches 12 years after launch. There will be versions where saves games are compatible because I have not made any database changes. You don't have to upgrade though and can continue playing the previous version.

If the next version if save game compatible the version number will increase by 0.0.1. A database update will increase version number by 0.1.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, stabliser

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 06:54:23 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for all the hard work that you have put in this labor of love.  You have made many people happy (including me!) and have taken our minds off this nasty virus. 

Is there somewhere that i can contribute to your motoring fuel fund.  Just a little way to say THANKS.

If you wish to donate, you could send to my PayPal at stevewalmsley4077 @ gmail.com

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 06:54:50 PM »
Really appreciate the updates! I know its likely not the most interesting item, but is there a list of things fixed anywhere?

Fixes are listed in the bugs threads as I fix them.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 06:24:12 AM »

If you wish to donate, you could send to my PayPal at stevewalmsley4077 @ gmail.com

I sent a bit of cash your way, should be enough for a few nice wines and hopefully can help encourage you to add back the old grey/white theme soon so we don't have to play with this horrible yellow text on blue background forever.  ::)

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, Bughunter

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 09:17:21 AM »

I sent a bit of cash your way, should be enough for a few nice wines and hopefully can help encourage you to add back the old grey/white theme soon so we don't have to play with this horrible yellow text on blue background forever.  ::)

Thanks - greatly appreciated and I will spend it wisely on quality alcohol :)