Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 357843 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2190 on: September 22, 2021, 01:47:00 PM »
Standard 5 day, production cycle, 5 day increments, automatic sub-pulse.  I've attached the database if you'd like to have a look at my setup.  I'm not extrapolating, just watching the minerals accumulate - I've had to periodically task a freighter to scoop up minerals for delivery.

I stepped through two 5 day cycles using 8 hour increments, and the mass driver is now flinging 5 ton packets, so it looks like a bug.  Can anyone else confirm the behavior on your game before I submit it?

Civilian mass drivers work normally but so far none of them are anywhere near 5K tons/year production.

Packet size is based on increment length. So it makes sense that the packet size has dropped when you used smaller increments. I've also noticed that because packets aren't launched regularly, it's usually helpful to have mass driver capacity that is slightly more than the production capability of the colony they're attached to.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2191 on: September 22, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »
Just to be clear - there was still only one packet per 5 day production cycle.  When I stepped through a production cycle 8 hours at a time it took 15 intervals before a packet was produced (at the same time as Mars moved in its orbit).

I'm producing 9kt/year locally and some CMCs in the asteroids are sending packets to Mars.  Mars has about 3kt in minerals on hand over the reserve levels.  So I should have plenty of minerals for flinging.

I have 3 mass drivers on Mars for a capacity of 15kt/yr.  12 months/year and 30 days/month gives 12x30/5 = 72 production cycles/year.  So I should be getting 15k/72 = 208t packets, not 5-13t.   

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #2192 on: September 22, 2021, 04:31:23 PM »
do you get the correct # of minerals shipped if you set all your reserve levels to 0? That used to be a bug but I thought it was fixed.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #2193 on: September 23, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »
Yep, that appears to be the issue.  Zeroing some of my reserve levels increases packet size.  Zeroing them all gives 205t packets. 

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2194 on: September 23, 2021, 03:22:49 PM »
How sweet the idea of having a ship module: Mass Driver. We could station such a base close to a jump point, send all materials of a system to that base, collect it there via transport ship, jump to the next system, unload to another Mass Driver Space Station and send them from there to Earth (or whereever you want the minerals to go) ... .

Ah, dreaming...  ;)

Offline ranger044

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • r
« Reply #2195 on: September 23, 2021, 10:54:26 PM »
I'm not sure where to ask this so let me know if this is a bad place.

I'm currently trying to invade a precursor world, but my ground forces don't seem to want to attack anything. They out-tech me, so large losses are expected, but I'm not even targeting them. I have several formations set to Frontline attack, with supporting artillery attached and in support position, and around 400 fighters attached with room for hundreds more. The fighters all have autocannons and a fire control (not sure if that's necessary for auto cannons), in addition I have 200 more fighters set to search and destroy with bombardment pods and missile fire controls. After 5 combat phases, I literally targeted nothing and suffered a LOT of casualties.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2196 on: September 23, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »
I'm not sure where to ask this so let me know if this is a bad place.

I'm currently trying to invade a precursor world, but my ground forces don't seem to want to attack anything. They out-tech me, so large losses are expected, but I'm not even targeting them. I have several formations set to Frontline attack, with supporting artillery attached and in support position, and around 400 fighters attached with room for hundreds more. The fighters all have autocannons and a fire control (not sure if that's necessary for auto cannons), in addition I have 200 more fighters set to search and destroy with bombardment pods and missile fire controls. After 5 combat phases, I literally targeted nothing and suffered a LOT of casualties.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Make sure the enemy race is set as Hostile (in the Intel window).

Make sure you have an active sensor contact with the enemy ground forces. I'm not sure this is necessary but it might be.

The following users thanked this post: ranger044

Offline ranger044

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • r
« Reply #2197 on: September 23, 2021, 11:51:02 PM »
Ahhhhh. I feel really dumb now for overlooking that  :-\  ;D

Thanks! Time to re do the last few months of combat  ;D

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2198 on: September 28, 2021, 07:01:51 AM »
I've added some conventional systems, as suggested by nuclearslurpee.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg155095#msg155095

When I did a playthrough some one year ago (or was it 8 months?) I noticed that some lists were rather shorts, are you interested by some extra. China, etc.
It's not much, just an extra minimum for a multi-nations start.

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #2199 on: September 30, 2021, 02:00:35 AM »
Guys, here is one question that might be easy for you experts, however I have not found any info here or at the wiki.   Bad search terms maybe.   
It is about the basic racial production rate (like 10 mining, 160 research, base sensor strength etc.  ).   In VB (and Quasar) there is information about the race basic values under "Race details"->"Empire Technology" plus in VB some bubble help or info in the mining/research etc.   tab.   
I do not find any such information in C#.   
Of course I can extract that info while I play but
a.   is all that summarized on any tab/window I have not discovered yet?
b.   are the race base values always the same in any new game I start or do they depend on any starting conditions?
I understand that during game creation you can modify some from 100% to other values, my questions are more about "what are these 100%" and if these are identical in any game. 
Thank you so much,
M
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 02:22:14 AM by Marv »

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2200 on: September 30, 2021, 02:47:17 AM »
Guys, here is one question that might be easy for you experts, however I have not found any info here or at the wiki.   Bad search terms maybe.   
It is about the basic racial production rate (like 10 mining, 160 research, base sensor strength etc.  ).   In VB (and Quasar) there is information about the race basic values under "Race details"->"Empire Technology" plus in VB some bubble help or info in the mining/research etc.   tab.   
I do not find any such information in C#.   
Of course I can extract that info while I play but
a.   is all that summarized on any tab/window I have not discovered yet?
b.   are the race base values always the same in any new game I start or do they depend on any starting conditions?
I understand that during game creation you can modify some from 100% to other values, my questions are more about "what are these 100%" and if these are identical in any game. 
Thank you so much,
M

As far as i can tell, Mining is the only stat directly stated on any screen (and that is under the 'Mining' tab of the Econ window). Everything else you would  have to do the math to figure out.

That said, without researching any techs, Mining/Construction/Ordnance/fighter production starts at 10, fuel production starts at 40k/year, and research at 200/year. This is before taking into account species stats & game conditions. So if your species has a production rate of .9 your starting production is 90% of the base 10, so 9. From what I can tell, species production rate dose not effect mining rate.

Offline Marv

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #2201 on: September 30, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »
Thank you ArcWolf so that confirms my understanding.  Base rates are always the same unless manually changed during setup or with SM.

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2202 on: October 04, 2021, 01:48:23 PM »
This seems obvious, but i'm just looking for a conformation:

Using a DB editor i see under "FCT_ShippingLines" a Colum named "MaxAssets". By default this is set to 1000, if i change that to, say 20, will Civilian shipping lines be limited to just 20 ships total?

Again seems obvious, but worth double checking.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2203 on: October 04, 2021, 04:01:12 PM »
 --- How exactly do the bonuses from the Main Engineering work? Do they apply to each Engineering Space individually or do they apply to all of them collectively? So if I have 100x Engineering Spaces, and my Chief Engineer has a 10% bonus, is that the equivalent of 110x Engineering Spaces or is it 100x Engineering Spaces with 10% added on to each of them.

...or is there no difference between either implementation?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2204 on: October 04, 2021, 04:20:08 PM »
--- How exactly do the bonuses from the Main Engineering work? Do they apply to each Engineering Space individually or do they apply to all of them collectively? So if I have 100x Engineering Spaces, and my Chief Engineer has a 10% bonus, is that the equivalent of 110x Engineering Spaces or is it 100x Engineering Spaces with 10% added on to each of them.

...or is there no difference between either implementation?

Here you go, relevant wiki link.

Looks like they do two different things. Engineering Spaces determine your IFR (and derived quantities), and then bonuses from engineering skills act as a sub-1.0x multiplier to that IFR.

It is probably better to think of it this way than as a modifier directly to the Engineering Spaces, since the actual IFR calculation is IIRC a bit more complicated than a straight sum-and-multiply operation.