Author Topic: Changing Game Settings  (Read 2021 times)

Offline BritoO (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • B
Changing Game Settings
« on: August 12, 2020, 11:33:32 PM »
I'm feeling pretty stupid, but can someone help me with how to change game settings.

Specifically i want to adjust the construction cycle. I forgot to do it at game creation.

I've tried changing the value and hitting save settings but it does not seems to work.
Does it matter if you currently have that empire loaded or do you need to switch to another one first?
Is there a specific order in which you have to change things?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Changing Game Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:30:57 AM »
It works and the settings are saved... it's just that when you go back into that screen it takes the data most probably from the saved state of the game so it looks in the physical copy of the database not the one in memory.

If you also save the actual game and then look back at the settings you will see that it has indeed been saved and changed.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:34:11 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline BritoO (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I did not realize that it did change the actual construction cycle, but it did not display properly.

I assumed that using "Save Settings" would automatically write the changes to the DB, but it only does that when you re-save the game.

Also until you save the game the game select menu (gear icon) will still display the old value for construction cycle time (even if the game will use the new construction cycle time)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 08:17:22 AM »
This is a bug caused by the performance changes in saving. Fixed for v1.14.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42