Author Topic: All kinds of exotic alien life  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Stormtrooper (OP)

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
All kinds of exotic alien life
« on: February 04, 2021, 03:30:05 AM »
So, as far as I know, methane breathers were in vb6. So I guess they will also appear in C#, especially that the system generation already likes to spawn a "methane equivalent" of an npr-habitable world.

However, why limit this to only oxygen and methane, on top of that having a narrow range of temperature? I think it'd be cool to open up the possibility for life generation. Just think of the possibilities: Venusians, a race thriving in extreme cold on hydrogen-based superearths, a toxic world full of chlorine and sulphur dioxide hosting some sort of exotic life for which oxygen is the equivalent of mustard gas, maybe on some rare occasions some species that don't adapt well to any atmosphere and thrive on airless planets, nitrogen breathers, basically all kind of unique and cool stuff. Of course finding life on airless rock shouldn't be as common as finidng it on earthlike planet, so this would require tinkering with probabilities of each "type of life" to spawn, but in general would make the universe much more original and unique.

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
Re: All kinds of exotic alien life
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »
This has been requested countless times, especially things like "Life that requires no water" for Robots and such. Steve is working through an enormous backlog of suggestions so this might take a while to happen. Do not hesitate to post on the suggestion thread tho.
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: All kinds of exotic alien life
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 11:26:34 AM »
The suggestion thread also has a discussion regarding aquatics and the desert based species too