Author Topic: On what should I be putting Cargo Shuttle Bays?  (Read 4876 times)

Offline brondi00

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • b
Re: On what should I be putting Cargo Shuttle Bays?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2021, 09:59:35 AM »
Your conclusion jives with my experience.  Just to throw in my two cents.

Early game I'll just have a 25k cargo ship.  Then later I'll add a 125k version for longer runs and less time sensitive things.

The smaller one is faster and loads/unloads faster and the big one is a barge.  Slow, cheap, but moving lots of stuff at once. 

It's worked well for me

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2021, 01:47:51 PM »
Yeah, Steve should look at his code and see if everything works as planned and maybe give us a more specific explanation as to what stacks and what does and should not.

It is easy to check if it stack or not... if it do we should just submit a bug for it.

For example Troopp transports don't currently need Cargo Bays to load/unload troops even if they should, so that is a bug.

I think not really. Oh well let me explain. If you read here

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg105591#msg105591

When Steve says at the end of the post: "This will affect troop transport in a different way and that will be covered in a separate post." let us think that there should be a similar mechanic or it could also be possible that Cargo Bays would have been used for troop transport but who knows?

Why?

Well because that later post did non happen or I haven't seen it so if it is the latter I apologize in advance.

It is entirely possible that he forgot or just not got there yet with coding.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
Yeah, Steve should look at his code and see if everything works as planned and maybe give us a more specific explanation as to what stacks and what does and should not.

It is easy to check if it stack or not... if it do we should just submit a bug for it.

For example Troopp transports don't currently need Cargo Bays to load/unload troops even if they should, so that is a bug.

When Steve says at the end of the post: "This will affect troop transport in a different way and that will be covered in a separate post." let us think that there should be a similar mechanic or it could also be possible that Cargo Bays would have been used for troop transport but who knows?

Why?

Well because that later post did non happen or I haven't seen it so if it is the latter I apologize in advance.

I have already submitted it as a bug so let's see... I'm very sure it is suppose to require Cargo Bays to load/unload troops as that make zero sense otherwise as ships can't land on planets if they are bigger than 500t. It might suppose to work differently and that he never got round to code the difference, but it surely is not suppose to work as it currently does.

Right now putting a Cargo Bay with a multiplier of "1" does nothing while a multiplier of 2 halves the time to unload troops. So it clearly is weird right now.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2021, 02:09:36 PM »

Why?

I have already submitted it as a bug so let's see... I'm very sure it is suppose to require Cargo Bays to load/unload troops as that make zero sense otherwise as ships can't land on planets if they are bigger than 500t. It might suppose to work differently and that he never got round to code the difference, but it surely is not suppose to work as it currently does.

Right now putting a Cargo Bay with a multiplier of "1" does nothing while a multiplier of 2 halves the time to unload troops. So it clearly is weird right now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. I was just highlighting that there was "something" in his mind that was suppose to happen there that obviously did not. If cargo bays should have just worked with Troop Transport he would have included in the post but he said "in a different way" so I wonder what this different way is.

At the moment they don't matter at all, which is different so....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2021, 02:20:58 PM »

Why?

Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. I was just highlighting that there was "something" in his mind that was suppose to happen there that obviously did not. If cargo bays should have just worked with Troop Transport he would have included in the post but he said "in a different way" so I wonder what this different way is.

At the moment they don't matter at all, which is different so....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Agreed!