Author Topic: 1.12.0 Function #722: Object Reference not linked to an object instance  (Read 1898 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
I am getting randomly (at least I don't see a pattern) this error message. Any ideas what the exact problem is?

1.12.0 Function #722: Object Reference not linked to an object instance

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
I am getting randomly (at least I don't see a pattern) this error message. Any ideas what the exact problem is?

1.12.0 Function #722: Object Reference not linked to an object instance

#722 is the create order code. The error is a null reference, which means a property of an object is null when the code is expecting a value. Unfortunately, that covers a lot of ground.

Is it happening during turn processing (which means a problem in standing orders or AI) or when you give movement orders?

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
not OP,
i've only received the error on turn processing myself.

Another member mentioned it may have something to do the with the refuel, resupply, and overhaul order as they have not experienced it since changing that standing order.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11945.msg141995#msg141995
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
It happens during turn procession.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
It happens during turn procession.

Do you have any fleets with the 'refuel, resupply, and overhaul' standing order?

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Yes, my Geo/Grav-Survey Fleets.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Yes, my Geo/Grav-Survey Fleets.

This is a known bug... the game tries to add the Fuel & Resupply order but fail to do so (happens if the ship is not in the same system as the place they try to fuel from). You will only get the Overhaul order added.

I usually just go to the fleet delete the overhaul order, add the Fuel & Resupply and then the Overhaul order. Otherwise your ships just go back an Overhaul but never refuel and restock MSP.

As far as I know Steve already fixed this for 1.13.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Yes. Depleted one of the explorer ships of fuel waited for the command - and that is the exact problem. Thanks ;-)

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
A current workaround for the bug is to use the "If fuel < XX%" => "Refuel, resupply and overhaul".

The #730 and #722 errors will still show up and only the overhaul order will be issued, but as soon as they finish overhaul (and because they never refueled) the conditional will trigger again, the refuel and resupply will be done and so will a new overhaul, but because the maintenance timer will already be at zero it will immediately finish on the next construction phase.

Not the best solution, but if you want to use the conditional at the moment and dont mind the 730 and 722 popups, it works just fine.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42