Author Topic: Custom Creation bug?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
Custom Creation bug?
« on: May 20, 2021, 08:41:58 PM »
Everytime i try to create a new race with custom start, the game doesnt add the conventional factories. In fact, CI doesnt even appear on the list of constructions. I cant even order to build one. Everytime is the same thing. So i start with 0 factories and there is no way to add more. What do i do?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Custom Creation bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Are you creating a Pre-TN race? That is the only way for the conventional factories to appear.

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 10:49:27 PM »
Are you creating a Pre-TN race? That is the only way for the conventional factories to appear.
Yes i am.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 11:19:17 PM »
Yes i am.

It's weird then, I just started a new custom game with 4 races and it seems to work. Are you able to send screens of the process?

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 12:08:38 AM »
Yes i am.

It's weird then, I just started a new custom game with 4 races and it seems to work. Are you able to send screens of the process?
I just follow the written tutorial to the letter. Then i save the game, close it and when i open it again, i have this problem. Oh and im using the Resize mod.

Offline DeMatt

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 11:19:42 AM »
Conventional Industry cannot be constructed by a race during gameplay.  Period.  Full stop.

Conventional Industry can be created during the "Create New Race" phase of setting up a game.  You know, the screen where you're setting up your race's name and environment preferences?

Change that number to whatever you like, but do it before you finalize the race by clicking "Create Race".  It defaults to 1.6 times the total population when you click the "Conventional Empire" checkbox, so if you don't manually change it to zero, you'll have Conventional Industry once you start playing.

If you absolutely must add Conventional Industry to a population during gameplay, you can do it with the following steps:
  • Turn on Spacemaster mode.
  • Open the Colonies window - Industry tab, Mining tab, Research tab, doesn't matter right now.
  • Select the target population using the tree view.
  • Switch to the "Civilian Economy" tab.
  • Of the three columns here, the left column is "what installations are present in this population".  At the top is the installation type selector, and at the bottom are the Spacemaster buttons for adding, editing, or deleting.
  • Select "Conventional Industry" from the selector.
  • Click "SM Add", type in the number of installations you want to add, and click "OK".
  • Note that "adding" to an existing type of installation does not update the window!  If there's already an entry, select it and use "SM Edit" to change the number instead.

I just follow the written tutorial to the letter. Then i save the game, close it and when i open it again, i have this problem. Oh and im using the Resize mod.
You are following this tutorial, right?

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 02:50:47 PM »
Conventional Industry cannot be constructed by a race during gameplay.  Period.  Full stop.

Conventional Industry can be created during the "Create New Race" phase of setting up a game.  You know, the screen where you're setting up your race's name and environment preferences?

Change that number to whatever you like, but do it before you finalize the race by clicking "Create Race".  It defaults to 1.6 times the total population when you click the "Conventional Empire" checkbox, so if you don't manually change it to zero, you'll have Conventional Industry once you start playing.

If you absolutely must add Conventional Industry to a population during gameplay, you can do it with the following steps:
  • Turn on Spacemaster mode.
  • Open the Colonies window - Industry tab, Mining tab, Research tab, doesn't matter right now.
  • Select the target population using the tree view.
  • Switch to the "Civilian Economy" tab.
  • Of the three columns here, the left column is "what installations are present in this population".  At the top is the installation type selector, and at the bottom are the Spacemaster buttons for adding, editing, or deleting.
  • Select "Conventional Industry" from the selector.
  • Click "SM Add", type in the number of installations you want to add, and click "OK".
  • Note that "adding" to an existing type of installation does not update the window!  If there's already an entry, select it and use "SM Edit" to change the number instead.

You are following this tutorial, right?

Yea, i know all this. The problem is: Lets say i put 560 conventional Industries on race creation, it works fine for a while, but when i save the game and open again, i have the total amount of 0 conventional Industries. It just vanishes. And yes, that is the tutorial i am following to the letter. But somehow this bug happens all the time with me and aparently only me. Could it be corrupted file or something like that?
And thanks for the work around.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 03:08:51 PM »
Yea, i know all this. The problem is: Lets say i put 560 conventional Industries on race creation, it works fine for a while, but when i save the game and open again, i have the total amount of 0 conventional Industries. It just vanishes. And yes, that is the tutorial i am following to the letter. But somehow this bug happens all the time with me and aparently only me. Could it be corrupted file or something like that?
And thanks for the work around.

What is your number separator, comma or period?

Have you tried a fresh 1.13 reinstall to see if the issue persists?

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 03:12:18 PM »
Period and no. It was a pain just to install this with all the mods i need to be able to actually play the game.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
Period and no. It was a pain just to install this with all the mods i need to be able to actually play the game.

If you are reporting bugs, please mention you have mods. One of the reasons I have been so reluctant to endorse mods is so I don't spend my limited free time chasing non-existent bugs that are actually caused by mods.

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »

If you are reporting bugs, please mention you have mods. One of the reasons I have been so reluctant to endorse mods is so I don't spend my limited free time chasing non-existent bugs that are actually caused by mods.
I have Lib and Resize Windows mods. Thats it. And its not suposed to do that. In any rate, i can just add the conventional factories later, if that works.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 05:42:22 AM »

I have Lib and Resize Windows mods. Thats it. And its not suposed to do that. In any rate, i can just add the conventional factories later, if that works.

The point is that it works for other players who aren't using the mods, so the C# Aurora code is working fine (and I would get a LOT of bug reports if this was an Aurora issue). It looks like something in the mods is causing the problem. I can't see how Resize Windows would be an issue. I haven't heard of the 'Lib' mod.

In any event, reporting 'bugs' without mentioning mods means you may be wasting the time of the players who are trying to help on this thread. That will make them less likely to try to help in future,

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm, skoormit, Sebmono, nuclearslurpee

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 12:27:29 PM »

The point is that it works for other players who aren't using the mods, so the C# Aurora code is working fine (and I would get a LOT of bug reports if this was an Aurora issue). It looks like something in the mods is causing the problem. I can't see how Resize Windows would be an issue. I haven't heard of the 'Lib' mod.

In any event, reporting 'bugs' without mentioning mods means you may be wasting the time of the players who are trying to help on this thread. That will make them less likely to try to help in future,

Im sorry, Steve. I didint meant to waste anyone time. I just tought i would ask first if it was a bug or if i was doing something wrong or missing something. THe C# Mechanics are still new to me. In any rate, the bug seems to happen when i save and only with CI and i have a short solution to that. So no need to spend time and effort to it.

Offline Agraelgrimm (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 01:28:01 PM »
But just in case, i will post a print screen of the problem.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
Based on that screenshot, it looks like you have the decimal separator set to a comma (based on the period being used for the thousands separator).