Author Topic: NC Part 18: September 2050 - February 2051  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2006, 06:59:37 AM »
Quote from: "Centerfed"
Centerfed wrote:
All we've seen to indicate covert activity from other powers have been a fairly ham-fisted assassination attempt (I think). Granted, a good black op is not found out about for decades (if ever).

khagler wrote:
That wasn't from another power--that was a ham-fisted false flag operation that Prince Arthur used as the excuse for his coup.

Which underlines my point.  Only the Commonwealth seems to have an effective spy network and accurate analysts.HD

You only hear about the Commonwealth spy network because the story is about the Commonwealth. Because the story doesn't reveal what is happening on the other side of the fence, it doesn't mean the other side doesn't know anything. For example, the Islamics monitored Terran ship movements in order to select the best moment to launch their attack. Another example would be the gradual mothballing of warships as each side monitors the strength of the others.

The reason the story has never explicitly stated that the Asian Alliance and Terran Reich know the Commonwealth has a colony somewhere beyond Corinth is because the story is not from their perspective so you don't know the results of their analysis, although its safe to assume that after watching colony ships and freighters heading for Corinth they know there is a colony.

I could write three stories from three different perspectives so you could know what everyone is doing and everyone is thinking but I have tried that before and it takes a long time. So instead, I give glimpses of the other side's activities via the fictional device of "Commonwealth Intelligence" and "Observation Satellites".

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »