Author Topic: How move or scrap a PDC?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
How move or scrap a PDC?
« on: December 17, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
I already have read around in other topics, but maybe I'm missing some update... is there a way to move (by tug) or to scrap\destroy a pdc? I built one by mistake and now it is sitting there, annoying me because it is unuseless  >:(
I can't believe that Steve did not provide a solution to it.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: How move or scrap a PDC?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »
I do not think you can scrap a PDC in the way you do for ships to gain back some of the mineral cost, you can use the ships screen (F6) to either destroy or delete the ship. I think delete simply removes the ship from the game, where destroy is like ordering the crew to scuttle it. This leaves you a wreck you can salvage for parts/minerals.

As for moving them you cannot use a tug etc. They can only be moved when in their prefab form via cargo bays, you then assemble them on site and they are now a permanent fixture.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 02:13:42 AM »
Correct, except that destroying it actually doesn't leave a wreck(in 6.2).  Appears to work the same as delete for PDCs. 

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
Well, deleting it by f6 menu', worked, althought not realistic, but at least it worked. Thank you

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
IIRC you can move them via "SM", so you can pretend that a tug is able to move them around  if you want to.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »
Yeah, SM Mode, Fleet Orders screen and change the location of the Task Force to which they are assigned.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Wouldn't it be the "Abandon ship" option be the most useful means of saving lives and getting materials back?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 09:13:34 PM »
Wouldn't it be the "Abandon ship" option be the most useful means of saving lives and getting materials back?
There already is an abandon ship button on the damage control tab of the Ship window. At the moment it doesn't transfer crew to lifeboats but that is a good idea.
You won't save the crew, but you might get a wreck to salvage, I doubt it though since it's planetary.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »
You won't save the crew, but you might get a wreck to salvage, I doubt it though since it's planetary.
I did the abandon ship thing for a normal vessel and it worked.. i'll test it out with a PDC and get back to you on it.