Author Topic: Precursors capturing  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Precursors capturing
« on: April 03, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »
I came across what I presume are precursors (ships of the right sort of size and speed, and a single base on a moon). I have no other NPR races as yet in this game so I knew this was not an outpost of an NPR. When my exploration ship was attacked I had to abandon ship before it was destroyed. Less than a day later the event log said the survivors had been captured. I was under the impression that the spoiler races just killed everything, is this not always the case?

Offline misora

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • m
Re: Precursors capturing
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
I think I remember this happening in a few of the stories in the fiction section of this forum, and I believe that the precursors are the only ones who take prisoners. I always imagined they tortured and murdered your crewman, since they don't have anyway of improving their ships from the intel, or making anything they learn from you.

Offline Vortex421

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • V
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
I've had this happen with Precursors as well, though not in all instances. 

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:19:33 PM »
Easily understood that they would take your crew hostage to 'question' them for data about your empire.  I'm guessing the transfer to their ships is a little messy though as they typically wouldn't have any atmosphere.  :/