Author Topic: Top News Story  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Sematary (OP)

• Commodore
Top News Story
« on: October 17, 2015, 02:29:09 AM »
A broadcast from Europa:

Two newscasters sitting behind a desk delivering the nightly news when one slightly presses their finger to their ear for a few seconds with a look of concentration. She glances over at her co-anchor for a second, "I am sorry but I have to interrupt you with some breaking news. As some of you may know our glorious government has been engaged in a resettlement program recently as we branch out to the other moons that orbit Jupiter. We just received news that two of those settlements appear to be abandoned after only a couple of months of occupation. At this time it is believed that they have been resettled to a different moon or moons but no explanation is currently forthcoming. We will keep you appraised as the story develops."

Offline Sematary (OP)

• Commodore
Re: Top News Story
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »
A broadcast from a news channel on Cheron known for its hawkishness:

A very stern man sits behind a news desk and starts to speak. "My fellow Kharonkiyes, today a most deplorable thing happened. A military ship from Saturn attempted to invade our planet. Quick thinking by our naval forces drove the invader off but this is why the continuing friendship that our president is trying to pursue with the Pacific Federation is a bad idea. They claim they were only trying to deliver diplomats, spies more likely. We must support members of the Duma who block the continuing closeness of our government with this Pacific government."

A broadcast from a news channel on Prometheus known for its middle of the road politics:

A young woman of Japanese decent is sitting in what appears to be an interview set but the other chair is empty. "Today a diplomatic incident happened. Our ship, the PFS Brumby was turned back at the edge of Russian space and told they would not be allowed to send the diplomatic team to the moon. Luckily no shots were fired by either side and we will continue to update you as the situation progresses."