Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 42992 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:37:52 AM »
Please post confirmed bugs for v7.00 in this thread. However, please read the guidelines below on reporting bugs before posting. If you had a bug in an earlier version and it still isn't fixed, please report it again in this thread.

Bug Reporting Guidelines

Steve
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:02:51 PM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »
Removed civilian ships from popup Ship menu on tactical map

Forgot to fix this one before the patch :)

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:44:07 PM »
I tried to delete your campaign as suggested and I got

"Error 3052 was generated by DAO.Recordset.  File sharing lock count exceeded.  Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry."

I went to the registry. Found two entries as such, increased each to 100000. Still does not work, I cannot delete your campaign. I could try to up it more, but I have no idea what that thing does so I'm kind of reluctant to do so...

EDIT: even upping it to 10 million does not work. I found this old post of yours back then...
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=3331.msg32093#msg32093

Letting you know all this, maybe it will help >_> I always like to start deleting everything, with a clear database..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:47:11 PM by Zincat »

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »
I tried to delete your campaign as suggested and I got

"Error 3052 was generated by DAO.Recordset.  File sharing lock count exceeded.  Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry entry."

I went to the registry. Found two entries as such, increased each to 100000. Still does not work, I cannot delete your campaign. I could try to up it more, but I have no idea what that thing does so I'm kind of reluctant to do so...

EDIT: even upping it to 10 million does not work. I found this old post of yours back then...
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=3331.msg32093#msg32093

Letting you know all this, maybe it will help >_> I always like to start deleting everything, with a clear database..

Try running in Admin mode

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »
Or try deleting a few races before deleting the whole campaign.

If this is a general problem, I'll create a version of the patch with no example game.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 03:10:54 PM »
Just a minor thing, its still labled as v6.50.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »
Or try deleting a few races before deleting the whole campaign.

If this is a general problem, I'll create a version of the patch with no example game.

I managed to delete the game with this method. I deleted every race but one in SM mode, set it as default, left and deleted the game.

However the database size is still 172 MB so I wonder if I actually did it right. Any help on that would be appreciated before I seriously start a game..

And trying the compact database command doesn't work either. I don't even know if this command is supposed to work or not though.

I get a
Runtime Error 429 - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object
followed by infinite error 3420s
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:19:04 PM by Zincat »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
I managed to delete the game with this method. I deleted every race but one in SM mode, set it as default, left and deleted the game.

However the database size is still 172 MB so I wonder if I actually did it right. Any help on that would be appreciated before I seriously start a game..

And trying the compact database command doesn't work either. I don't even know if this command is supposed to work or not though.

I get a
Runtime Error 429 - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object
followed by infinite error 3420s

I just tried compact database and it worked fine. Do you have Access installed?

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 03:31:08 PM »
It still says version 6.50 in the game details screen. (As ninja'd by 83athom)

Advanced lasers still wrongly reference the damage field instead of caliber size

On the subject of advanced weapons, advanced railguns and particle beams are the same HS as equivalent caliber versions of the standard weapons, but 15cm advanced carronades are 5HS compared to standard 15cm carronades which are 4HS - the rest of the calibers seem to have the same sizes though.

There's a minor typo in the description for the very large compressed fuel storage: "Fuel storage for ships. Each Very Large Compressed Fuel Storage System can hold 1.5m0 litres of fuel."

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 03:31:31 PM »
I just tried compact database and it worked fine. Do you have Access installed?

Uhm, no. I guess that does explain things XD. Sorry for the noobish question, I had no idea you had to have Access installed for that. Thought it was a function embedded in the program. Sorry again, even searching the forum I did not find anything about it. Access it such a generic word, I found 23+ pages of results.

So then, the question is, is compacting the database after deleting the old game important? If so I will dig out my old Office cd, install it and compact it...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
Uhm, no. I guess that does explain things XD. Sorry for the noobish question, I had no idea you had to have Access installed for that. Thought it was a function embedded in the program. Sorry again, even searching the forum I did not find anything about it. Access it such a generic word, I found 23+ pages of results.

So then, the question is, is compacting the database after deleting the old game important? If so I will dig out my old Office cd, install it and compact it...

It's not a noobish question :). I'm not even sure myself if Access is needed for the Aurora compact. However, I would have been able to explain how to compact it directly in Access.

It sounds like the best idea is for me to upload a version of the database with the game already deleted. I'll sort it out later tonight.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
It's not a noobish question :). I'm not even sure myself if Access is needed for the Aurora compact. However, I would have been able to explain how to compact it directly in Access.

It sounds like the best idea is for me to upload a version of the database with the game already deleted. I'll sort it out later tonight.
I had the same error earlier and just ran it in admin mode and haven't had the problem since.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
I had the same error earlier and just ran it in admin mode and haven't had the problem since.

Admin mode did not solve the issue for me. Forgot to mention that. I had to manually delete races before I could delete the game. No idea why though.

Still, if Steve could make available a "clean version" of the database alongside with the rest, it would probably be for the best, I doubt it would be a big file or a strain on the hosting or such...

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 04:55:18 PM »
I've added a blank database file to the original installation post

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8075.0;topicseen

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 04:59:07 PM »
I've added a blank database file to the original installation post

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8075.0;topicseen

Thank you very much :)

Another small thing. not sure if it's wanted or not, but on the select game screen, as I start up aurora, the options do not stick. Say I choose automatic detection when player not in system. On next startup, it will have reverted back to default option. Small thing and perhaps wanted, thought I'd mention it though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:05:03 PM by Zincat »