Author Topic: Fac's , Fpc, Tenders and Transports  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Fac's , Fpc, Tenders and Transports
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »
Fac=Fast Attack Craft
Fpc=Fast Patrol Craft
No Problem with them, Tenders & Transports that is My Problem
Both Fac's and Fpc Are over the 500T Limit for Hangers so How do they Dock with Tenders and Transports, for Refueling,Rearming,
Maintenance , & Movement Thur a JP?
Is it Like Carriers do Now? they Land on a Deck and are then Moved Inside for Maintenance. Refueling and Arming can be done on the deck, as can a New crew. But how are the Ship( gun boats ) secured for Jump Point Movement?
I know the Questions May have been answered But i could not find them, So i am Asking them.

Offline DaMachinator

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Fac's , Fpc, Tenders and Transports
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
Can you not just...add more hangars? Or is that not how it works?
The maximum speed of any ship or missile with a given engine technology is the speed of a ship composed only of one engine of that technology with the highest power to weight ratio possible with current technology, and nothing else.

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 07:16:26 PM »
You can fit any design into another design if there are enough hangars on board. If you really wanted you could have a mothership filled with 20 ships over 10,000 tons. All designs over 500 tons use planetary facilities for maintenance and shipyards for repair. If they are within a ship, they are not counted towards the squadron jump size. And any design only requires you to order them to refuel at a colony to refuel.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Tor Cha (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:22:09 PM »
You can fit any design into another design if there are enough hangars on board. If you really wanted you could have a mothership filled with 20 ships over 10,000 tons. All designs over 500 tons use planetary facilities for maintenance and shipyards for repair. If they are within a ship, they are not counted towards the squadron jump size. And any design only requires you to order them to refuel at a colony to refuel.
Is there a Limit to what a Tender,Transport, or Mother-ship can carry?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:36 PM »
Is there a Limit to what a Tender,Transport, or Mother-ship can carry?
Just how many its designed storage can hold. A carrier with 5000 tons of hangar can carry up to 5000 tons of ships, while one designed with 100,000 tons can hold 100,000. There is a high-end limit calculated before on the forums, but that number is in the billions of tons for hangar (per ship), trillions of fuel, and hundred billions of MSP. If remember and find the topic I will add a link here.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.