Author Topic: Why is this planet not terraformed yet, and how do I fix it?  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
From what I understand, this planet 'should' be just fine as is, but it is not. I have absolutely no idea why not.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
Re: Why is this planet not terraformed yet, and how do I fix it?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 04:41:17 PM »
On the top right it tells you the overall colony cost is still 2.00, that is the maximum of any of the other factors listed below that. In this case, 2.0 from having a dangerous atmosphere. If you're looking at older documentation, Carbon Dioxide didn't use to be a dangerous gas, but now in C# it is classed as such. You must remove it. That still leaves the 1.002 Water, but you're already working towards that. Once the planet hits 20% hydrosphere and has the carbon dioxide removed it's colony cost will drop to 0.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, Panpiper

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Why is this planet not terraformed yet, and how do I fix it?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 04:44:29 PM »
You have a dangerous gas in the Atmosphere and there is not enough water in it.

The Dangerous gas is Carbon Dioxide. Must be removed by selecting Carbon Dioxide unflag Add Gas to Atmosphere and set to 0.
The water you have only 9%, I think the amount should be around 30% (don't remember exactly) 20% to be considered as 0. You need to Add Water Vapour (0.5 atm) and keep it going. Every year water will fall in the form of Rain and fill the Hydro Extent.

Also, if you look at the table on the right, you can see what the reason is (Water Available 1.002 and Dangerous Atmosphere 2.000)

All the New Terraforming Rules are here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg102115#msg102115 which integrates this: http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Terraforming

EDIT: Sorry I have posted and Zap0 already replied: corrected the 30% with 20%

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper