Author Topic: Alt-gr not working all of a sudden? Not able to remove components.  (Read 1646 times)

Offline sohls (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
So I started playing 1. 12 a couple days ago.  Fresh install in a new folder.  Designed my first ship.  Yesterday when designing my second one the alt-gr and click to remove components is no longer working.  No matter what I do it just adds more and more components.  The key IS working, pressing it is working in other applications and the on screen keyboard also shows the key being pressed.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Alt-gr not working all of a sudden? Not able to remove components.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »
So I started playing 1. 12 a couple days ago.  Fresh install in a new folder.  Designed my first ship.  Yesterday when designing my second one the alt-gr and click to remove components is no longer working.  No matter what I do it just adds more and more components.  The key IS working, pressing it is working in other applications and the on screen keyboard also shows the key being pressed.

I'm not sure what key shortcut you're describing or if it is even implemented in C# Aurora. In the ship design screen there is a separate tab for components which are already on the ship which you can click to remove components from, or if you use the wide view window this list will display alongside the list of all components.

Offline sohls (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=12474. msg149620#msg149620 date=1614809767
Quote from: sohls link=topic=12474. msg149617#msg149617 date=1614792688
So I started playing 1.  12 a couple days ago.   Fresh install in a new folder.   Designed my first ship.   Yesterday when designing my second one the alt-gr and click to remove components is no longer working.   No matter what I do it just adds more and more components.   The key IS working, pressing it is working in other applications and the on screen keyboard also shows the key being pressed.

I'm not sure what key shortcut you're describing or if it is even implemented in C# Aurora.  In the ship design screen there is a separate tab for components which are already on the ship which you can click to remove components from, or if you use the wide view window this list will display alongside the list of all components.
Click to add component, Alt-gr click to remove component.  I did so designing my first ship.  The component tab doesn't do anything no matter what I click, it's just a static list with the components, the total materials and wealth cost.  Nothing is changable from there as far as I can tell.

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
There is a separate tab at the top of the components list. One tab lists all components available and the other lists components used on the current design.  Make sure you have the correct tab open. Double click a component bro add or remove it from the current design.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline sohls (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • s
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 05:19:12 PM »
Oh, you mean the radio button labled "class components" and not the "components" tab.  Well that explains things.  The tab does nothing, as I mentioned.  Nevermind.

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »
Maybe it's a radio button, memory is fuzzy. In either case it's at the very top of the component list.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...