Author Topic: Multiple Ground Unit Capabilities?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline linkxsc (OP)

• Commander
Multiple Ground Unit Capabilities?
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:48:27 PM »
So while messing around, I've found that holding ctrl, and clicking on several ground unit upgrades like "Jungle Combat" and "Desert Combat", will actually add multiple specialties to a unit. Increases the unit cost/upkeep, as well as health (in the case of the infantry health upgrades)

I haven't yet tried to use one of these units in combat. But do they work? Can I have some ultra elite (yet extremely expensive) troops trained in all theaters of combat? Or am I going to break my game by trying something silly? Is it a bug that I can multi-select capabilities like this?

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: Multiple Ground Unit Capabilities?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 11:04:21 PM »
 - No it is very much intended. I prefer troops with Extreme Temperature / Extreme Pressure & Low Gravity / High Gravity as a minimum for my "Primary" Units. "Line Units" get Low Gravity at the minimum.

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 01:50:36 AM »
So while messing around, I've found that holding ctrl, and clicking on several ground unit upgrades like "Jungle Combat" and "Desert Combat", will actually add multiple specialties to a unit. Increases the unit cost/upkeep, as well as health (in the case of the infantry health upgrades)

I haven't yet tried to use one of these units in combat. But do they work? Can I have some ultra elite (yet extremely expensive) troops trained in all theaters of combat? Or am I going to break my game by trying something silly? Is it a bug that I can multi-select capabilities like this?

:O
Oh thank you very much. I didint knew that.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 01:51:16 AM »
- No it is very much intended. I prefer troops with Extreme Temperature / Extreme Pressure & Low Gravity / High Gravity as a minimum for my "Primary" Units. "Line Units" get Low Gravity at the minimum.
No drop capabilities?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 06:05:51 AM »
Drop capabilities come from the type of Transport Bay.
Boarding capability can be added to troops but is only useful on small infantry forces, in larger or mixed forces its almost certainly a waste of resources

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 09:56:42 AM »
I remember there used to be some limitation on what gets actually applied, I think maybe the environmental affinities, where you could select multiple (e.g. Desert Combat + Jungle Combat) and it would increase unit costs for both, but I'm effect only one modifier existed after build. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 10:32:38 AM »
I remember there used to be some limitation on what gets actually applied, I think maybe the environmental affinities, where you could select multiple (e.g. Desert Combat + Jungle Combat) and it would increase unit costs for both, but I'm effect only one modifier existed after build. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

No, the costs are correctly applied now.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono