Author Topic: Races Question  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Races Question
« on: June 05, 2021, 01:55:26 PM »
Originally posted by themousemaster, but I goobered up and hit remove instead of move.

so, two questions, regarding how my latest game is going:

1)  I've run about a half-dozen games of Aurora since C# came out; I have yet to run into Rhakas, Swarms, or a black hole in any of them.  I know that the checkboxes for Rhakas/Swarm are ticked on; is there some other qualifier that I've inadvertently disabled that could cause any of these 3 to not show up?

2)  The Invaders have been around for a decade or so in my current game.  My current ships are a match for them for now (if a bit outnumbered and running around playing Whack-a-mole), but even their currently-largest offering, the 40K-ish ton Battlecruiser, isn't stopping me.

However, with the rifts continuing to grow, the spawns of these things are becoming more sizable.  That, and at some point, I'm worried some of my colonized planets in the same system as them are in danger of falling into them.

I know that ancient constructs can, in sum, take care of this; 1000% total research bonus will cause the rifts to shrink instead of grow.

However, and here is the problem:  I've surveyed every single system in the entire game.  The TOTAL research bonus of all constructs is 220%.

Do I have a plan here?  What is the upper-limit of the number and size of the rifts (or the number and size of the spawns), or am I just doomed to play until every system in the game is shrouded in black with a purple ring around it?
Modify message

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Races Question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 01:55:59 PM »
And Jorgen_CAB's reply...

It is pretty much RNG driven... I often meet the Swarm quite close to Earth relatively often... it has happened I did not encounter them at all.

Not sure how many systems you have but I would have increased the amount of systems if there is an issue with the Invaders.

Offline themousemaster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Re: Races Question
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 07:19:08 AM »
I was wondering where this went ;p