Author Topic: President Casey's 2063 Address  (Read 1740 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
President Casey's 2063 Address
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:02:34 AM »
January 2063

Happy New years to all the people of a united earth.  We are now starting our fourth year as a united planet, and our dedication to remain so has been proven this last year with the final dismantling of the Communist terrorist organization known as the Red Sickle.   This however does not mean we are free of those who find the idea of humanity living in peace reprehensible, and we must be vigilant to not give the other organizations a chance to strike at us.  but I believe we have gathered enough strength and are united enough to move forward.   Our population now sits at 500 million strong,  a paltry number compared to the some 7.82 billion that lived some 30 years ago but gives us four straight years of population growth for the first time since the Great Plague,  and thanks to medical and genetic advances they promise us a continued growth.    With our population growing and world stabilizing we have completed our first steps into space,  and I believe now is time to move forward.   The great space elevator started 10 years ago has finally finished and links to our new shipyard which is almost finished and should be operational shortly and ready to produce up to 9000 ships two at a time.  Now is the time we step into space I challenge our people to have a human presence established on the Moon and Mars.  to do that I will push for the research of nuclear engines to give us the speed to get there, the production of cargo and colony ships.  this is by no means an easy endeavor as many technologies will still need researched.   But as a president of the old United States of America once said "we choose to do these things not because they are easy,  but because they are hard."  this is our chance to push forward, and humanity always shines its best when it does,  exploration is in our blood from early sailors to scientists to our soon to be intrepid space explorers.   we also must push forward to keep our economic engine turning, and to prevent the stagnation and debt that nearly destroyed the old world governments.
  Currently our most dangerous situation is our Sorium.  while reports estimate 26,625 tons of mineable Sorium that along with current stocks represents only some fourteen years of fuel production and that is only if our current demand stays the same, as its unlikely to.   Mercasium and Galicite also have an approximate 8 years of current mining rates, though they have no steady usage as of yet, it is unknown how long these materials will last us when we make our push.
  Finally we must also prepare at the very least a token space force,  something to protect our interests, from local threats and the potential alien threats that lay out in the stars.  I will be communicating with my ministers and our senate for more detailed plans of actions.   for now I hope you enjoy the beginning of our new year and that you look upon the future with the same excitement as I do.

edit: a kind fellow pointed out I typed poultry as in chicken rather than paltry.  and as i dont think I was talking about chicken I had to fix it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:46:29 AM by Detjen »