Author Topic: Ministry of Infrastructure #1  (Read 4098 times)

Offline areyoua (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
Re: Ministry of Infrastructure #1
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
June 1, 2063
It was a dark and stormy night
While the Ministry of Survey was celebrating, George Payne still had some work to do before trying to sneak into the party. He still did not have any confirmation from Commerce on what ship to begin to build or start expanding the shipyard for. The closest to a confirmation was a suggestion that the designs have been forwarded to the sub-committee of design Selection. He sent a message to that effect to the Ministry of Commerce and looked outside and requested a umbrella from his assistant Nathanial Murphy.

He also decided that a more thorough review of the assets available to the Ministry of Infrastructure was necessary for not only his own Ministry, but to better facilitate the activities of the entire Federation. Therefore, he dispatched the workers in the Ministry to commence a massive operation to count all the Mines, Construction Factories, Ordinance Factories, and other Trans-Newtonian Industries on the Earth, and a census to be conducted,
[ooc]Essentially, I would like a screenshot of the Summery tab of the Economics Window.[/ooc]

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 10:27:47 PM »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
I'm confused, I was sure our designs reached your office.

Here they are: the Jenner class Freighter from Ushinov Design and the Conestoga class Colony Ship from Starion Heavy Industries, both ships of 31,250 tons.

As soon as a shipyard is ready production should start on the Conestoga class. Ships are to be named Conestoga, Oxen, Mule, Horse and Donkey.
A single Jenner class Colony ship should also be produced, but it can wait as I hope the private sector will fill in the gap. It shall be named Jenner.

I would also like to request 100 units of safe, airtight housing for our future colonists on Mars (Infrastructure).

Code: [Select]
Jenner class Freighter    31,250 tons     161 Crew     270.5 BP      TCS 625  TH 250  EM 0
400 km/s     Armour 1-88     Shields 0-0     Sensors 2/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 5 MSP    Max Repair 16 MSP
Cargo 25000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 5   

Nuclear Thermal Engine E1 (4)    Power 62.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 62.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 70,000 Litres    Range 40.3 billion km   (1166 days at full power)

Thermal Sensor TH0.5-2 (1)     Sensitivity 2     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  2m km

Code: [Select]
Conestoga class Colony Ship    31,250 tons     241 Crew     1212.5 BP      TCS 625  TH 250  EM 0
400 km/s     Armour 1-88     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Capacity 24 MSP    Max Repair 16 MSP
Colonists 100000    Cargo Handling Multiplier 10   

DaZmar Nova E1 (4)    Power 62.5    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 62.5    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 15,000 Litres    Range 8.6 billion km   (250 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline areyoua (OP)

• a
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
[ooc]For the purposes of RP, I have decided to assume anyone who doesn't specifically say they are sending me a message is actually in my office for a meeting.[/ooc]

Upon hearing Senator Tho's statements, Payne delivered his advisement, "I am loath to question one as skilled in the ways of commerce as you, but are you sure you want five colony ships? At our current rate of production, it will take about 2.3 years just to get one colony ship off the shipyard making it take over 11 years to get all those requests filled, but only about half of a year to get each Jenner up and running. Additionally, is just one cargo ship enough? The private sector will have ships for us to use, but will there be enough to meet demand? These decisions I will leave for you to decide upon, but I hope you will consider my advice. You have a long time to consider as the Commercial Shipyards will not be building anything for about 2 years."

"The 100 units of housing for Mars will be built in lieu of building mines as I believe that any shortages are at least a little way down the road."

Report to Factory Managers

40% 1 Commercial Shipyard
25% 1 Military Academy
25% Construction Factories
10% 100 Infrastructure
0% Manned Mines
0% Idle
[ooc]Just modify the percentage for mines to 0% and add a 100 Infrastructure Project at 10% so as to avoid having .35 of a mine.[/ooc]

After Infrastructure is complete:

40% 1 Commercial Shipyard
25% 1 Military Academy
10% Manned Mines
0% Idle

After 1 Commercial Shipyard is complete: follow previous reports.

Report to Commercial Shipyard once completed:
Add 10,000 tons to capacity then,
Add 10,000 tons to capacity then,
Add 1,000 tons to capacity then,
Add 500 tons to capacity then,
Retool for Conestoga then,
Begin Construction on Conestoga and,
Add extra Slipway

While this meeting was going on, Murphy realized that he had no idea who the Governor of Earth was and sent out a request, in Payne's name of course, to be informed about who the Governor was and his skills.
[ooc]No screenshot needed, just the attributes of the Governor of Earth.
Also, can I have this moved to the Ministry board?[/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:37:52 AM by areyoua »

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »
[ooc]How stupid I am! While writing up my message, I got confused between the Colony and Freighter. I of course wanted five freighters and a colony ship.[/ooc]

Ooops, I'm afraid the note my assistant gave me had a typo in it. Of course, we request five Jenner and a single Conestoga. The Conestoga will be name Conestoga, while the five Jenner will be called Jenner, Wagon, Cart, Train and Truck.

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »
Christina Sheth is the governor of Earth
Rating 4
Political 10%
Shipbuilding 5%
Factory Production 20%
Wealth Creation 5%
Mining 10%
GU construction speed 20%
Logistics 20%

The civilian shipyard is compleate so the attached below is what I have currently set for construction, please advice

Offline areyoua (OP)

• a
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
Reports to Factory Managers

40% 1 Military Shipyard
25% 1 Military Academy
10% 100 Infrastructure
0% Manned Mines

Once 100 Infrastructure is done

40% 1 Military Shipyard
25% 1 Military Academy
10% Manned Mines

Once 1 Military Academy is done

40% 1 Military Shipyard
25% Research Labs
10% Manned Mines

[ooc]Any orders without a number are constant expansions.[/ooc]

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »
When will the Jenners be ready?

Offline areyoua (OP)

• a
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 07:41:56 AM »
George Payne whips out his trusty calculator before answering, "Well, considering both the time required to get the shipyard up to capacity and the time to build a Jenner, I estimate that it will take..."
Payne Punches some numbers into the calculator, "Overflow years! No, wait, that's not it. One second please."
Payne takes out a larger calculator this time from the depths of the bottom left drawer of his desk, "Error Years! Shoot, that's not it either. Well, you get the point. It won't be any time soon, but if you really want an estimation I can get it for you."
This time, Payne simply leans back on his chair with his hand on his chin, "Ow my brain hurts. But the answer is about 1 year 10 months to get the shipyard up to capacity and 6 months to build the Jenner, so today is July 1, 2064 and the ships will be rolling off the shipyard at around November 2066."