Author Topic: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 25466 times)

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
Re: v6.00 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »
Hmm, curious. . .   I just unzipped the update into the old Aurora folder but I'll attempt a fresh install to see if that fixes it.   Never had an issue beforehand concerning this, I do use decimals so this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the help.

I had this strange problem happen to me with windows 7: turns out that if you installed aurora in program files you will get a copy of stevefire.mdb in your app local profile and windows will use your private copy instead of the one in program files.

Remove the one in your profile and windows 7 will catch up with the update

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 03:11:50 AM »
Clicking on the "About" tab under Help in the main menu bar results in a 3201 error and complete lock up which can only be cured by closing the programme through the Task Manager (win7)

DavidR
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:14:24 AM by davidr »

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 03:25:54 AM »
some minor stuff

1. class design overflow with stuff when using the reduced height windows options

2. a11.jpg and b20.jpg are missing for some reason and I can't find them even in the 544 full install. (I just copied some other random planet image over)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 04:24:17 AM »
Getting Error 2021 "Error in NPRPopPlanning" alot of times, when I hold down the return key it takes about 20 seconds for it to disapear and then a new turn start with the same problem, done two differnt setups and the same error comes within a couple of months... Could try without any NPRs...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

wilddog5

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »
you can build missile and civ designed drives in the ship components section of the industry tab.

not sure if the missle drives are a bug as they could be used to make missiles faster like ships?

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 05:44:37 AM »
Ok, new problem.

As I said, I've been playing aurora on this computer fine, so I have all the DLL's and such.

Now when I click system view (in sol, as the SM Race) I get:
Error in cboSystems
Error 381 was generated by aurora
Invalid property array index

Followed by:
Error in GetBodySuitability
Error 11 was generated by aurora
Division by zero

Followed by:
Aurora
Run-time error '11':
Division by zero

Then the game promptly crashes.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 06:12:12 AM »
Right, it works in steve's example game, but gives me the above when I try to go into system view from sol as the SM race after creating a nw game (non-sol based start). Obviously I haven't had a chance to test outside of sol since I can't generate any other systems without system view.

Edit: It also works fine for a new game created with a regular empire. Guessing it has something to do with starting with an SM race and not an empire proper or something.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:41:31 AM by Person012345 »

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »
In the f7 (Race tech screen) the missile engine designs don't appear to show when you select that option from the drop down.

Additionally it seems that using the check box for "Show size in tons" on most techs doesn't actually show the size.

Offline Icecoon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
It is a minor bug though, but when wish to view my missile engine designs on the View Technology window it doesn't show me anything but remains on the previously selected page, for example at missile launchers. This prevents me from deleting my spoiled missile engine designs. :D

Edit: Seems like I'm not alone. :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:09:23 AM by Icecoon »
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If fire fighters fight fire and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

Offline phillycheese254

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
Quote from: Bremen link=topic=5400. msg55420#msg55420 date=1349637332
With the new version, attempting to open the system information (f9) window generates the following errors:

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

-------------------------

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
File not found: 'Planetjpeg\b20. jpg'

-------------------------

Run-time error '53':

File not found: 'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

Got the same problem here.

Offline Topher

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
I'm in the US, Win7, admin mode.   At game creation, conventional start, 8,500(million population), missile bases at start

Error 3201 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
You cannot add of change a record because a related record is required in table 'Missiles'. 
Please report to.  .  . 

Hundreds of these errors pop-up as soon as I click 'create game', once I click through all of them the game starts up, I have no idea what effect is has on gameplay but I assume it's an error similar to the missile error posted above.

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Carry over from previous versions:

When you start a new game (or new empire) and allow the computer to auto-select your research, if the computer picks the "Expand Civilian Economy by 20%" project at 10kRP then the 20k version never shows up under available research. 

To restore it, if you go into SM mode, look into completed research and Remove it, you can research it and get the next level to appear as an available research project.

Offline Scandinavian

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »
It is a minor bug though, but when wish to view my missile engine designs on the View Technology window it doesn't show me anything but remains on the previously selected page, for example at missile launchers. This prevents me from deleting my spoiled missile engine designs. :D

Edit: Seems like I'm not alone. :)
In the previous version, you could mark missile designs as obsolete from the standard ordnance loadout tab in the ship design window (F5). The relevant interface is still there, but since I have no missile designs yet, I can't test it.

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
Got 3201 errors as previously reported in that thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4204.msg55502.html#msg55502

Very odd is that after a lot of those(that forced me to terminate the program)suddenly I can see alpha centauri...even though I haven't gone through any jump point  that connects to it!

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »
Under the Ships Design tab:

After creating a design and locking it, if you change the deployment time the additional crew modules will be added if the deployment time is increased. If the time is decreased, nothing changes.