Author Topic: (UNIT) 2050 Election Coverage (1)  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Drgong (OP)

• Vice Admiral
(UNIT) 2050 Election Coverage (1)
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »
Hello, this is Terra New Network, and our coverage of the 2050 UN General election. 

Polls have closed in all five voting blocks - This election has been dominated by two parties, the Center-right Conservative Party for Prosperity (CPP) vs the Center-left Labour Party (LP) which follows the social democrat model.  The CPP thought to be the majority party, but no knows if they will be able to obtain a full majoirty, or will have to seek a coalition to rule.  the CPP is strong in the UUC and TPC, while Labour is very strong in the EU.  Much will depend on how these parties do in Russia and how well the Communist Party of China and Korea (CPK) do.  Far right Golden Dawn (GD) is expected to meet minimum requirements to get seats, but not have a strong role in any government.   

--------------

While there has been reports of voter irregularies in Russia, China, and Florida, the following results have been finalized.

The winner with 55% o the vote is the Conservitive Party for Prosperity (CPP) earning 110 seats.  The new President of the UN will be Lyndon Chadwick of Canada.
Second place, with 30.5 percent of the vote is the Labour Party lead by Amets Etxeberria of Spain, and will be the official opposition.  They will earn 61 seats.
The Communist Party of China and Korea (CPK) earns 22 seats with 11% of the vote.  They are lead by Jin Bai of the City state of Shanghai.  In last place is the Golden Dawn, with 3.5% of the vote, and earning 7 seats.  They are lead by the Greek Nationalist Martha Stephanidis.

We now turn to Lyndon Chadwick acceptance speech. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, and all those who are watching.  I thank you for your support.   Today we stand at a new day.  Gone are the days of war among ourselves.  My first command as UN president will be to begin research in Trans-newtonian technologies so that we can go out, explore the stars, and learn great new things about ourselves, and the world.  We will find new wealth, new homes, and new challenges in the void."

The Senate Consists of 30 members
20 Non-partisan members
2 from the UUC (John Smith, Roger De Suza)
2 from the TPC (Suzume Yamaguchi, Haruki Kurosawa)
2 from Russia (Miroslav Pavlov, Daniil Matveev)
2 from the EU (Ellinor Adamsen, Kornelia Sitz)
2 from China (Zan Cheung, Byeong-Ho Chung)

OOC

Here are the two main setup screens for the game

Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0