Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 68875 times)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2021, 11:00:25 AM »
Yeah that's a different issue and likely a bug - the targeting should not persist. Sounds like a similar issue to the "destroyed FC keeps trying to target"-bug we had before.

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
sorry if this is not a bug or has already been reported.
I'm sometimes getting these messages, "xyz has been detected here and there". But I never ever found them there or anywhere near. Not even in the db. The Campina Grande Kingdom hasn't even discovered the McCormick system.
This time while trying to check if my ship in that system has a contact, I saw this:
https://imgur.com/a/052G9Mg
My ship is in the McCormick system, but system locations (and contacts) show a different system. Maybe that alien population contact form the AX Microsopii causes the game to think it sees the alien race in the MCormick system, while they are not there?
There are also many ships from another (alllied) race in McCormick. Maybe those trigger these messages? (Becaue every time this has happened there were other ships in the reported systems.)

And this is another suspicious one:
L.H. McNelly 001 has moved from Epsilon Indi to HIP51317 within 14 hours. That is a 20 day trip at ~10k speed. And it is coming through Gliese 33 which isn't even connecte towards Epislon Indi. No hidden or undiscovered dormant jump points in an of those three systems.
https://imgur.com/a/1NEBifJ

I think my game is starting to get f* up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:25:21 PM by bsh »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

My ship is in the McCormick system, but system locations (and contacts) show a different system.

The locations and contacts shown in the fleet order window are the ones in the system that the fleet will be in after it finishes all orders in the orders list.
In this case, the fleet will be in AX Microscopii, because that is the last jump point transit in the order list.

Are you sure that there is no contact for the race in question in the McCormick system?

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #528 on: April 22, 2021, 01:40:16 PM »
The locations and contacts shown in the fleet order window are the ones in the system that the fleet will be in after it finishes all orders in the orders list.
In this case, the fleet will be in AX Microscopii, because that is the last jump point transit in the order list.

Are you sure that there is no contact for the race in question in the McCormick system?

oh, silly me, you are right. ;D
well I never found them anywhere where reported. and as far as I can tell from the db, they are not there. The MCormick system is only known for race 216 (me) and race 223 (verbania khanate). the campina grande kingdom is 217. there are no fleets in mcormick for race #217. there are no populations there either, for anyone.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:59:48 PM by bsh »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #529 on: April 22, 2021, 01:50:12 PM »

oh, silly me, you are right. ;D
well I never found them anywhere where reported. and as far as I can tell from the db, they are not there. The MCormick system is only known for race 216 (me) and race 223 (verbania khanate). the campina grande kingdom is 217. there are no fleets in mcormick for rac #9217. there are no populations there either, for anyone.

When you double-click that event in the Events window, does it center the map on the location of the bogus sighting?
If so, note the heading and distance of the location relative to the system center.
Then look at the equivalent location (heading and distance from center ) in the Microscopii system.
Is that the location of the known population of race 217 in that system?
If so, this looks very similar to a bug I reported ages ago about false detection reports.

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2021, 02:11:37 PM »
When you double-click that event in the Events window, does it center the map on the location of the bogus sighting?
If so, note the heading and distance of the location relative to the system center.
Then look at the equivalent location (heading and distance from center ) in the Microscopii system.
Is that the location of the known population of race 217 in that system?
If so, this looks very similar to a bug I reported ages ago about false detection reports.

I have a save from the exact moment. I can send it to you if you wish.
Doubleclicking the event centers on the Epsilon Eridani jump gate in McCormick. Here is a side by side picture comparing to AX Microscopii.
The heading is similar but the rougly the opposite.
https://imgur.com/a/p8kax53

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2021, 03:02:21 PM »
I have a save from the exact moment. I can send it to you if you wish.

Can you attach the DB here?

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #532 on: April 22, 2021, 09:32:12 PM »
i can try.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:39:21 PM by bsh »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2021, 07:49:03 AM »
i can try.

That worked. I was able to open the game with your db and take a look around.

Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious explanation.

My only thought about a possibility:
1) A CGK ship (a scout, perhaps) had been in Epsilon Indi. (This seems reasonable, because the "Known Systems and Populations" list for the CGK includes Epsilon Indi--at some point you (or perhaps an ally) observed a CGK presence there.)
2) That ship jumped into McCormick 541.
3) The allied VER fleet that is parked on that JP saw the ship.
4) Since VER are allies, they alerted you about the CGK presence, but you don't see a contact because the CGK ship is not within range of any of your own sensors.

With #4, I'm only guessing. I'm not sure how contact sharing with allies works.
Perhaps someone familiar with those mechanics is reading?

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #534 on: April 23, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »
Taht's a possibility. But sharing info between allies is mysterious to me too. But that doesn't explain why the CGK hasn't "dicovered" McCormick system if they jumped there. (Unless I'm looking at the db wrong. Can you check it please?) Oh well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:55:44 AM by bsh »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #535 on: April 23, 2021, 11:30:24 AM »
Taht's a possibility. But sharing info between allies is mysterious to me too. But that doesn't explain why the CGK hasn't "dicovered" McCormick system if they jumped there. (Unless I'm looking at the db wrong. Can you check it please?) Oh well.

You are correct. If my explanation were correct, CGK would have discovered that system.

I conclude this is a bug.
I suspect that it is related to the presence of the VER fleet.
In fact, I suspect that the game logic is mistaking a VER ship as belonging to a ship class for the CGK.
It could be that one of the ships was captured from the CGK?
I can't verify that in the database, though.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2021, 12:30:18 AM »
Trying to open Intelligence window, when I try it becomes white and nothing can access it... ??? Everything ells seems to work as intended
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2021, 07:55:26 AM »
Trying to open Intelligence window, when I try it becomes white and nothing can access it... ??? Everything ells seems to work as intended

Sounds like a bug for sure. Can you post your game db?

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #538 on: May 05, 2021, 11:51:55 AM »
Ok, I'm still on 1.12 and reporting in case this bug may be also present in 1.13.
So this is what happened:
The TL;DR version: after conquering an alien capital, the conquered population appears to have human race, and not the conquered race.
Long version:
I've been trying to defeat a pesky alien race's capital for YEARS. due to required force bugs I had to spawn in a lot of ground forces, and that was not even 1/10th of the required force. So I sent in terraformers and started to give them some nice gases and take away atmosphere to reduce temperatures. This has worked for long time, but slowly. So I helped it a little with same laser ships. This dropped the population and the force requirement too. But then it started to groq again! I figured they migt have infrastructure to grow, or building it (although intelligence suggests they don't have much factories). So I have gotten enough and bombed the place with missiles until population reached 0. When I started shooting, population was 104m.
Now the conquered population seems to have 104 million humans in it? That can't be right?

https://imgur.com/a/7ECiAvX