Author Topic: Stuck with two hour time advance increments...  (Read 6982 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Stuck with two hour time advance increments...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
I've noticed that oftentimes when I manage to observe NPRs jump back and forth, it seems to be fleets that are trying to head to a base due to being out of fuel which encounter an enemy concentration (read: one unarmed scout ship) and jump away in terror, then jump back again because their AI thinks they need fuel... and so on.

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »
I'm having this problem too... but sometimes I have pulses of 6 hours and sometimes 2 hours. How can I make NPRs playable to check? (I tried to deleting all the civilians and it does not work)

Although that is a bit sad, because I don't want to know where are they.. :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 02:59:16 PM by idefelipe »

Offline AfricanWarrior

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 04:14:24 AM »
I thought I was the only one experiencing this but I had to abandon a recent game cause I was stuck in 3 hour increments for like 5 months.  I couldn't find out what caused it to I just called it a loss and started a new playthrough.

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 07:43:11 AM »
Mine solved alone after 3 or 4 months. No idea what happened, but I understand you when you resigned... i was veeery near to start a new game.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 09:35:58 AM »
I'm having this problem too... but sometimes I have pulses of 6 hours and sometimes 2 hours. How can I make NPRs playable to check? (I tried to deleting all the civilians and it does not work)

Although that is a bit sad, because I don't want to know where are they.. :(
I thought I was the only one experiencing this but I had to abandon a recent game cause I was stuck in 3 hour increments for like 5 months.  I couldn't find out what caused it to I just called it a loss and started a new playthrough.

Almost always, the solution requires digging into the game logs in the DB to identify what is usually an NPR fleet causing the problem (often due to constantly jumping back and forth due to an AI hiccup). Often the problem can be solved by either relocating an NPR fleet, or by deleting the fleet entirely. A bit drastic, but necessary.

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
And.. how can we do that?  ??? ???

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 11:00:38 AM »
And.. how can we do that?  ??? ???

Any SQL browser/editor can let you work with the database and make small changes if needed. For example, DB Browser for SQLite.

The table "FCT_GameLog" is your starting point and you can see if for example a particular NPR fleet is jumping back and forth at every sub-increment. You'll have to get comfortable with exploring different tables to find the spot you need to make a change. For example, changing the NPR fleet's position to be away from any jump point may solve the problem.

The following users thanked this post: idefelipe, mpf0214, AfricanWarrior

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 11:27:56 PM »
I'm in the precisely same situation, i.e. stuck in 2-hour increments. I've used DB Browser (for the first time) on a copy of the DB and found a suspicious entry at about the time the trouble began: "Destination of FAC Hunter Squadron - Jump 011 cannot be found. Please issue new orders". I deleted that fleet and its ships and the result was that I'm now stuck on 6-minute increments.

I'm not about to give up, but I have no idea how to identify a fleet trying to jump or anything like that. The move orders are incomprehensible. Could anybody walk me through this, or give me a hint how to proceed?

These are the last log entries. Some of these messages already appeared before the 2-hour problem began.
-----------------------------------------
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
Stabilisation Squadron 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
Stabilisation Squadron 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
Stabilisation Squadron 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
JD Saint Augusta 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
JD Saint Augusta 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
GE Thufir Hawat 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
DDG Iri IV 039 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 040 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
FT Viroconium 013 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 041 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 042 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 043 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 044 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 045 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 046 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 047 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 048 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 049 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 050 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
SS Modena 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Modena 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
SS Modena 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
DDG Exodus II 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Exodus II 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
GE Patecatl 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Patecatl 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Chalchiutotolin 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Chalchiutotolin 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
BDB Judas Priest III 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
BDB Judas Priest III 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
BDB Judas Priest III 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
SV Grizzly Bear 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
As per standing orders TT Brundisium 003 is moving to join Troop Transport Group - Jump 006

Offline Blogaugis

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2021, 05:35:30 AM »
I'm in the precisely same situation, i.e. stuck in 2-hour increments. I've used DB Browser (for the first time) on a copy of the DB and found a suspicious entry at about the time the trouble began: "Destination of FAC Hunter Squadron - Jump 011 cannot be found. Please issue new orders". I deleted that fleet and its ships and the result was that I'm now stuck on 6-minute increments.

I'm not about to give up, but I have no idea how to identify a fleet trying to jump or anything like that. The move orders are incomprehensible. Could anybody walk me through this, or give me a hint how to proceed?

These are the last log entries. Some of these messages already appeared before the 2-hour problem began.
-----------------------------------------
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Gwanggaeto the Great 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
JD Saint Augusta 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
JD Saint Augusta 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
GE Thufir Hawat 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
DDG Iri IV 039 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 040 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
FT Viroconium 013 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 041 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 042 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 043 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 044 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 045 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 046 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 047 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 048 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 049 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Iri IV 050 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
SS Modena 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Modena 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
SS Modena 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
DDG Exodus II 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
DDG Exodus II 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
GE Patecatl 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Patecatl 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Chalchiutotolin 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Chalchiutotolin 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
BDB Judas Priest III 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
BDB Judas Priest III 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
BDB Judas Priest III 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
SV Grizzly Bear 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
As per standing orders TT Brundisium 003 is moving to join Troop Transport Group - Jump 006
My rough guess is that you deleted the operational group, which most newly produced things try to join...
I guess a new OG should be automatically created when a new construction cycle starts - at least, if you have the patience to make it to that...

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2021, 08:14:37 AM »
Thanks, but no
- I tested my tinkering on a copy of the game DB. The 2-hour breaks happen in an unmodified game.
- Many construction cycles have passed now.
- Some of these same ships tried to join OpGroups when Neil Armstrong was still wearing diapers.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »
Further research indicates that the move orders are not incomprehensible, but there's 3000 of them. And a fleet jumping back and forth would not leave an entry in the log.

Offline dsedrez

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
Further research indicates that the move orders are not incomprehensible, but there's 3000 of them. And a fleet jumping back and forth would not leave an entry in the log.

I have a suggestion, take another copy of the DB, and in the FCT_Races table switch the NPR race to user-controlled (from 1 to 0 I think). That will allow you to examine what's happening first-hand, and try some solutions.
I never tried giving orders to the NPR as user-controlled, then switching it back to NPR, so I don't know if that would work, but at least you might be able to figure out what the exact problem is.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 10:29:04 AM by dsedrez »

The following users thanked this post: Zook

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »
Praise the Lord! It fixed itself - somebody must have blown the bugger to bits.

Thanks, anyway.

Oh, and here's something from another thread that might help in this kind of situation (I haven't checked this out):

"I think i have found the problem - at least the cause of it: after my last battle quite a few unlucky crewmembers where left behind in their lifepods.  those must have triggered an interupt - because as soon as the lifepods expired, time increments went back up."

But I'm still wondering: how can you tell from a look at the log or ship or move order table if a fleet is jumping back and forth?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »
But I'm still wondering: how can you tell from a look at the log or ship or move order table if a fleet is jumping back and forth?
You could look in the fleet history?

The following users thanked this post: Zook

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »
Sigh... it unfixed itself. Back to 2-hour turns.

Now, not being one to give up easily and following Migi's advice, I found the following fleet history entries from recent turns that look decidedly fishy:

43   23300   Asteroid #70: Move to Location   2121525110.0
43   23300   Asteroid #70: Move to Location   2121532310.0
43   23300   Asteroid #70: Move to Location   2121539510.0
[repeated many more times]

43   23333   JP3: Tomten (JG): Standard Transit   2121525110.0
43   23333   JP2: System #53 (JG): Standard Transit   2121532310.0
43   23333   JP3: Tomten (JG): Standard Transit   2121539510.0
43   23333   JP2: System #53 (JG): Standard Transit   2121546710.0
43   23333   JP3: Tomten (JG): Standard Transit   2121553910.0
43   23333   JP2: System #53 (JG): Standard Transit   2121561110.0
43   23333   JP3: Tomten (JG): Standard Transit   2121568310.0
43   23333   JP2: System #53 (JG): Standard Transit   2121575510.0

43   26979   Amity-A I: Move to Location   2122237910.0
43   26979   Amity-A I: Move to Location   2122245110.0
43   26979   Amity-A I: Move to Location   2122252310.0

43   26996   Acute-A VI: Move to Location   2122396310.0
43   26999   Acute-A VI: Move to Location   2122396310.0
43   27002   Acute-A VI: Move to Location   2122396310.0

43   23883   Armendáriz Resources Limited: Refuel from Colony   2122072310.0
43   23883   Armendáriz Resources Limited: Refuel from Colony   2122086710.0
43   23883   Armendáriz Resources Limited: Refuel from Colony   2122101110.0

43   24176   Asteroid #284: Refuel from Colony   2121532310.0
43   24176   Asteroid #284: Refuel from Colony   2121546710.0
43   24176   Asteroid #284: Refuel from Colony   2121561110.0
43   24176   Asteroid #284: Refuel from Colony   2121575510.0
43   24176   Asteroid #284: Refuel from Colony   2121589910.0

43   24222   Fantomen-A II - Moon 1: Refuel from Colony   2122201910.0
43   24222   Fantomen-A II - Moon 1: Refuel from Colony   2122216310.0
43   24222   Fantomen-A II - Moon 1: Refuel from Colony   2122230710.0
43   24222   Fantomen-A II - Moon 1: Refuel from Colony   2122245110.0

43   24435   JP4: Allentown (JG): Standard Transit   2122129910.0
43   24435   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2122137110.0
43   24435   JP4: Allentown (JG): Standard Transit   2122151510.0
43   24435   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2122165910.0
43   24435   JP4: Allentown (JG): Standard Transit   2122180310.0
43   24435   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2122194710.0
43   24435   JP4: Allentown (JG): Standard Transit   2122209110.0
[This one is pretty bad and #1 on my to-hit list]

43   25107   Semarang Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony   2121964310.0
43   25107   Semarang Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony   2122396310.0

43   25359   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2121525110.0
43   25359   JP3: Annapolis (JG): Standard Transit   2121532310.0
43   25359   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2121539510.0
43   25359   JP3: Annapolis (JG): Standard Transit   2121546710.0
43   25359   JP1: Albuquerque (JG): Standard Transit   2121553910.0
43   25359   JP3: Annapolis (JG): Standard Transit   2121561110.0
[very, very often]

43   26298   Ag Mines Corporation: Refuel from Colony   2121820310.0
43   26298   Ag Mines Corporation: Refuel from Colony   2121834710.0
43   26298   Ag Mines Corporation: Refuel from Colony   2121849110.0

43   27662   Annaj Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony   2121532310.0
43   27662   Annaj Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony   2121546710.0
43   27662   Annaj Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony   2121561110.0

These are SQL-pulled from the last 383 increments, all 2-hour (7200 sec) turns. Now, which fleet is the culprit? I notice that e.g. the last bunch (Annaj Prime: Refuel and Resupply from Colony) does not have 7200 sec between entries, but why is the fleet repeating this order? Does any of this look legitimate?

I could delete or move all fleets that seem suspicious but I'd prefer minimally invasive surgery on the DB. Some advice would be welcome!

While we're at it: is it enough to change the current x-coordinate to move a fleet?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 04:40:54 PM by Zook »