Author Topic: Tech from Ruins  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Spartus001 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Tech from Ruins
« on: May 29, 2021, 02:58:15 AM »
While scrounging through some rather large ruins I found a couple jumps from Sol, I recovered a Research Lab with technical details for "Advanced Particle Beam Warhead 3".   This is a new one on me.   I can now further research this tech under Energy Weapons, but it doesn't actually seem to allow me to design or build any weapons systems related to this tech.   

Is this a bug?  Or fancy Alien tech?  Or some as yet unimplemented tech of some sort?

I also found "Swarm Warrior Melee" tech.   This does seem to work and allows me to build Infantry with a 2x melee attack rather than the usual infantry weapons.   I envision them as duel-wielding chainsaw warriors.   They have come in quite handy in that they don't seem to use GSP. . .

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Tech from Ruins
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 09:26:23 AM »
While scrounging through some rather large ruins I found a couple jumps from Sol, I recovered a Research Lab with technical details for "Advanced Particle Beam Warhead 3".   This is a new one on me.   I can now further research this tech under Energy Weapons, but it doesn't actually seem to allow me to design or build any weapons systems related to this tech.   

Is this a bug?  Or fancy Alien tech?  Or some as yet unimplemented tech of some sort?

I also found "Swarm Warrior Melee" tech.   This does seem to work and allows me to build Infantry with a 2x melee attack rather than the usual infantry weapons.   I envision them as duel-wielding chainsaw warriors.   They have come in quite handy in that they don't seem to use GSP. . .

For the advanced particle beam, or advanced weapons in general a lot of them aren't really implemented, but they are just supposed to be better versions of their base variant. I have only managed to get them working through DB editing magic.

The last one is almost certainly a bug and is also the reason why this post should be moved to the spoiler thread. All I will say is that you and standard NPRs aren't supposed to have access to that under any circumstances.

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »

For the advanced particle beam, or advanced weapons in general a lot of them aren't really implemented, but they are just supposed to be better versions of their base variant. I have only managed to get them working through DB editing magic.

The last one is almost certainly a bug and is also the reason why this post should be moved to the spoiler thread. All I will say is that you and standard NPRs aren't supposed to have access to that under any circumstances.
Can you share any advice on where to look in the db to enable such things?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 05:07:34 PM »

Can you share any advice on where to look in the db to enable such things?

FCT_Techsystems, you want to make the techtypeID (or whatever its called) match whatever tectypeID the standard variant technologies have.
Optionally you can also remove the ruins only condition by setting the respective field from 1 to 0. You can also use the techsystemIDs of other techs in the prerequisite fields in order to manipulate the techtree.

Alternatively you mess something up and break the technology tree, so do make a backup.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
Cheers!