Author Topic: Pax Britannia - author's notes  (Read 1806 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Pax Britannia - author's notes
« on: August 12, 2019, 03:43:54 PM »
Pax Brittania has been set up so I can play a some epic space battles. I've done the 'Duranium crash' and struggled through some pretty difficult times in previous games. This time I'm all about the combat  ;D For this game, star swarm and precursors are enabled, Invaders are turned off and NPR percentage set to zero. I set up my primary race and then created an opposing empire that will eventually come into contact with the British. From a writing perspective, I've decided my previous theme of changes to history causing alternate realities will be in the background with my characters who survived the destruction of their own realities popping up in the fiction from time to time.

The game started 1 Jan 1972, with the British already possessing reasonably good tech in several areas such as propulsion, the notable exception is jump point theory, this has been recently discovered with only 1 jump capable ship in the RN at game start.
Welchbloke

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Pax Britannia - author's notes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:07:33 PM »
Interesting, will keep an eye for this.

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Pax Britannia - author's notes
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »
'Battle' of 36 Ophuchi 9th Nov 1973

So one beam armed precursor against the might of my fleet? Unsurprisingly one-sided. The CO of Carrier Group #1 was really in the DE. I hadn't NB'd what ship the senior officer was in before the combat began. Once I realised, I thought it might be interesting to keep it for the fiction, he was moved to the CV Ark Royal at the end of the battle (presumably on the orders of CO 1st Fleet ;) ). I didn't know it yet but I would end up recording a lot about Connor Weston....
Welchbloke

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Pax Britannia - author's notes Aug 1974
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
The detection of Precursors in DX Cancri was a pretty routine event but I made a mistake in recording their presence that led to a bit of a 'disaster' in 1984. A lot happens in the intervening 10 years and I'm not surprised I forgot about the Precursors in the system but it did give me an excuse to include my reality hopping characters to provide a narrative hook.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:31:02 PM by welchbloke »
Welchbloke