Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 271272 times)

Offline DEEPenergy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2020, 04:42:50 PM »
It would be nice to be able to prototype a whole formation template, get a research cost for the whole thing as one and then go straight to building it to avoid having to research many individual ground units and then build a formation from the pieces.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd, mike2R, smoelf, Alsadius, YABG

Offline MrHuman

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2020, 04:58:39 PM »
It would be nice if you could designate yourself what events stop the auto increment, fx, I'd like to be able to stop it when civilian mining colonies are founded or when minerals run out in my colonies.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, nhb1986, JuergenSchT

Offline Inglonias (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
With the new "Continual Capactiy Expansion until X" task for shipyards, the old fixed value expansions are more or less obsolete. Can we remove those?

The following users thanked this post: nhb1986

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2020, 05:42:00 PM »
There should be some way to see how many % of your industrial capacity are still left after you assign projects.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »
Crew-Served Anti-Personnel on infantry provide 6x the firepower at 2. 4x the cost and 2. 4x the size compared to Personal weapons making them the overall more efficient option.  I think it would be a better trade off if they cost 6-8x as much instead making it a trade off between taking the more resource efficient personal weapons or the more space efficient Crew-Served Anti-Personnel.  Nerfing the AP of CSAP to 1 less than personal weapons could also be another option for balancing. 

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2020, 06:23:44 PM »
Wow.  There's a lot to take in with the new game (I've held off playing for a number of years waiting for this).  Thanks, Steve, for doing this.

I will second (or third) the request to change colors.  I find it very hard to read on top of the small fonts.

My laptop in it's natural configuration is 1920x1080, but I usually run it at 125% so that I can see things.  So I can flip from 125% (where I can see most of the Aurora windows) or 100% (where I can see everything but may not be able to read it).

Offline SultanPepper

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2020, 07:47:05 PM »
The ability to save a Race preset sort of thing would be great. Sometimes I make a new game to try something different, but have to re-create my racial data. It would be nice to have an export/import feature

The following users thanked this post: mike2R, TMaekler, YABG

Offline nitrah

• Leading Rate
  • n
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2020, 08:25:07 PM »
Quote from: Resand link=topic=10640.  msg121368#msg121368 date=1586724898
Could we maybe get a option to select what interrupts the auto turns?

Turns go so fast that, I could really need to stop the auto turns on more events.   

Also could we get the default colors back in the event viewer please?  :)

I would like to second both of these requests. 

The inability to ignore the 'minerals have run out on X colony' or 'a new civilian mine has been added to Hale-Bopp' notifications was one of my biggest frustrations with VB6. 

I would also like to add when new scientists are recruited; particularly early game.

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2020, 10:46:10 PM »
The visual style of VB6. Turns out my eyes really don't dig the visual style now. Also I really miss the table lines, because of the straining from the colour it's an ever bigger strain to just make out how the rows go.

The following users thanked this post: Raaaak, alex_brunius, Kyle, Earthrise, Tunsku

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2020, 01:39:48 AM »
Missile engines larger than 5MSP. They probably need less increments there, but if you build supersized missiles, they should get proper engines.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius, JuergenSchT, YABG

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2020, 01:44:16 AM »
Please add a warning if you try to fit a commercial engined starship with a military jump drive

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd, Veneke, mike2R, Alsadius, YABG, Tunsku

Offline IronRagnar

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2020, 02:52:10 AM »
First of all I would like to say: Thank you, Steve.  Aurora is a masterpiece.

Now on to the suggestion.  I may be mistaken, but there are a few features missing which were in VB6 and not in C# (at least I can't find them).  Both of them are extremely useful for multistarting.  One is "Give tech" option which was visible when comparing Tech in SM mode.  And the other one is "Transfer Fleet", which was available in the fleet menu. 

I apologize if they are in the game and I just missed them, however if they haven't been implemented, would you consider adding them?

Thank you again.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 03:12:55 AM »
Quote from: Wieseltrupp link=topic=10640. msg121527#msg121527 date=1586760256
Please add a warning if you try to fit a commercial engined starship with a military jump drive

Military Jump engine can't jump commercial engined ship in C#?
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Wieseltrupp

• Chief Petty Officer
  • W
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 03:14:58 AM »
It will fail to transit, yes

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:40 AM »
Quote from: Wieseltrupp link=topic=10640. msg121541#msg121541 date=1586765698
It will fail to transit, yes

This used to work just fine, and I'm not seeing any post about changes stating it shouldn't
Maybe it's just a bug that you can't jump. 

Would explain why the game doesn't warn you
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary