Author Topic: Non-Sol start?  (Read 3344 times)

Offline SultanPepper (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
Non-Sol start?
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
Apologies if this has been answered already.  I tried googling and forum search, but no guarantee I searched for the same phrase as what has come before.

I've been fiddling with a non-Sol start and can't get it to work.  Sol is always generated as your home system, and setting Number of Player Races to 0 generally crashes the game.  Generating a new system is fine, as is setting a colony on that system, but deleting Earth, for example, causes issues with missing task groups etc.  Also don't like the idea of manually re-creating Earth, but it could be done.
Is there something I'm missing, or was non-Sol start always going to be post-release?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Non-Sol start?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 08:10:50 PM »
Apologies if this has been answered already.  I tried googling and forum search, but no guarantee I searched for the same phrase as what has come before.

I've been fiddling with a non-Sol start and can't get it to work.  Sol is always generated as your home system, and setting Number of Player Races to 0 generally crashes the game.  Generating a new system is fine, as is setting a colony on that system, but deleting Earth, for example, causes issues with missing task groups etc.  Also don't like the idea of manually re-creating Earth, but it could be done.
Is there something I'm missing, or was non-Sol start always going to be post-release?
Thanks in advance!

Non-Sol start requires the creation of new systems which if you flag the non-real stars option is currently broken. It is fair to assume the non-sol start to be affected by the same bug. I would recommend starting a standard game just to start getting the feel of the new aurora and try the new mechanics. I think for a full playthrough we will have to wait for another 2 or 3 iterations. Good thing is that since we start aurora, today we have many more players playing and this should help find/fixing critical bus faster and easier than it was 5 years ago for instance.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:58 PM »
I also remember reading that there's issue in naming systems with non-sol starts so might want to wait for next version and play sol start instead if you are having any issues

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 01:40:13 AM »
I haven't had issues. Create the race on earth, create new systems, create a new race on a suitable planet then delete your starting race. It's worked for me so far.

Offline Shuul

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 04:11:51 AM »
I haven't had issues. Create the race on earth, create new systems, create a new race on a suitable planet then delete your starting race. It's worked for me so far.

IT doesn't work without known stars ticked, this is the issue.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 04:25:31 AM »

Thanks in advance!

Turn on SpaceMaster
System view window
click Full Grav Survey
Ignore the one-per-jump-point errors
click on a jump point (in the bottom left list)
click the Explore JP button

You are now in a new system.  If you are lucky enough to get one with a planet or moon with a NitrOx or Nitro-Methane atmosphere, awesome!
  --  If not, either repeat the Full Grav Survey / ignore errors / Explore JP steps until you DO get one, OR
  --  pick a body with appropriate gravity, click Add Colony, double-click on the new colony
  --  (NOTE:  Double-click may not be implemented yet; you may need to go back to the Tactical map and click on View Summary/industry/research/wealth/etc. instead.)
  --  Go to the Envirnoment tab, GIVE the body a NitrOx or Nitro-Methane atmosphere

Now that you have a body capable of supporting life, on the System View screen use the Create Race button to create a new race & empire on your new homeworld.

Once you've done that, go to the Race Details window and delete Humans.  Then go to System View and delete Sol system.

= = = = = =

And remember, non-Known Stars is bugged for v1.0  C# Aurora, so leave "Use Known Stars" checked.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:21:46 AM by Father Tim »

Offline Energyz

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 05:23:31 AM »
You don't have have to explore a JP like Father Tim said, you can't just hit create System in system view window with  SM mode on.

And no need for luck, you can tweak everything in this new system, stars, asteroids, planets, trojan, moon, JP. . .  etc

Just remember to check know Stars, and it should be ok

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 02:11:55 PM »

I'm having issues with this. I can't switch to the new race I've created.

Edit: I got it to work, I just had to quit and reload.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:16:07 PM by Ektor »

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 01:37:38 AM »

IT doesn't work without known stars ticked, this is the issue.
Yeah, at the time of posting I hadn't had any issues (and still haven't). I wasn't using real stars (to the best of my knowledge).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:40:38 AM by Person012345 »

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 01:39:13 AM »

I'm having issues with this. I can't switch to the new race I've created.

Edit: I got it to work, I just had to quit and reload.
To get the new race to show up on the main screen, as you say you have to quit and reload, I assume this is a bug. But they will still show up on other screens like the race screen right away.