Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 113 and up)  (Read 12842 times)

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
Re: Bug Reports (Version 113 and up)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 03:49:04 AM »
Ship speed is around 2.5kkps, isn`t that supposed to be max tracking speed for non turreted weapons?

Commonwealth Defense National M2120 150mm QF-VL Laser Cannon (1)    Range 48 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Power 6-3     RM 2    ROF 10        6 6 4 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
Commonwealth Defense National Mk1 10mm Coilgun (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 8%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Commonwealth Defense National M2120 PDFC (1)    Max Range: 48 000 km   TS: 12000 km/s     79 58 38 17 0 0 0 0 0 0

GC turrets have zero accuracy mod regardless of size.

Single Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-100 Turret (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 0%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-100 (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 100%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Single Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-50 Turret (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 0%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-50 (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 50%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Quad 10mm Coilgun Turret (1x4)    Range 10 000km     TS: 22200 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 0%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Commonwealth Defense National Mk2 50mm Coilgun (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 33%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Single Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-25 Turret (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 0%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Chandos  Incorporated Gauss Cannon R1-25 (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 25%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Single 10mm Coilgun Turret (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 40000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 0%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Commonwealth Defense National Mk1 10mm Coilgun (1)    Range 10 000km     TS: 12000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 8%     RM 1    ROF 5        1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Commonwealth Defense National M2120 PDFC (1)    Max Range: 48 000 km   TS: 12000 km/s     79 58 38 17 0 0 0 0 0 0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:01:40 AM by Warer »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 06:58:27 AM »
Edit 3: When changing the construction queue in the "Industry" tab of the "Population and Production" window everything seems fine but the game will still construct things in the old order. For example if I'm building a military academy, after that I have a commercial shipyard, if I add infrastructure and move it up, so that the queue is academy->infrastructure->shipyard the game will nonetheless build academy->shipyard->infrastructure.

Here is the screenshot of what is happening. Sorry for the smegty composite. Will send database.

Fixed

Two screenshots below. The first one shows a system with three potentially habitable planets, two colony cost 2.0 and one colony cost 2.1. The second screenshot shows galaxy map where the system supposedly have only one planet with a colony cost 2.0 or higher. Database will be sent (its the same one as before).

Fixed

Unfortunately I won't be changing this any time soon because it would require a database change that would be incompatible with games imported from VB6, which is something I do a lot.
I didn't know that was possible but it is something I would be interested in. Can I know what are you using for conversion? I tried to use some free tools but none of them worked out due to various limitations.

I'm using my own fork of the open source 'MDB Tools' to create a CSV, and a perl script I wrote to convert to a quasar sqlite db.  If you want a VB6 game imported to Quasar just post it on this thread or send to my email address listed in the OP.  I'd be happy to do conversions, they are really easy, I just type 1 command and wait 30 seconds.

I developed new engines and begun refits. I refitted two vessels, an exploration ship and a freighter. There is no issue with refitting the freighter. However I can't refit the exploration ship. The refit supposedly happens but the class isn't changing. SQL file will be sent.

Send me the db if you want me to take a look

Ship speed is around 2.5kkps, isn`t that supposed to be max tracking speed for non turreted weapons?

Got a copy of Aurora VB6?  Check there... tracking speeds aren't limited by ship speed.  Not even spinal weapons, from what I saw.

GC turrets have zero accuracy mod regardless of size.

Fixed

The following users thanked this post: Haji, Warer

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 04:15:09 AM »
Linux version 1.26. Using database that has recently been converted from VB6 (not sure if that is relevant).

Refuelling conditional order is not working correctly. First if a planet is in a different system the ship will have an order to refuel at that system but it will not have orders to move to that system and as a result messages will pop up that the vessel is unable to execute the orders due to them being in a different system. Second the refuelling order is injected into the top of an order queue even if the queue already have a refuelling order. In the VB6 aurora a refuelling conditional order would not be added if the fleet was already scheduled to refuel and it would erase all orders rather than injecting one. Three screenshots are attached. The first one shows the order being injected into the top of the queue that already has a refuelling order. The second one shows the event log showing that the ship had a conditional order to refuel and, at the same time, was unable to execute the order due to being in a different system. The third one shows the situation after I removed all orders for the ship showing it made no difference.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »
Linux version 1.26. Using database that has recently been converted from VB6 (not sure if that is relevant).

Refuelling conditional order is not working correctly. First if a planet is in a different system the ship will have an order to refuel at that system but it will not have orders to move to that system and as a result messages will pop up that the vessel is unable to execute the orders due to them being in a different system. Second the refuelling order is injected into the top of an order queue even if the queue already have a refuelling order. In the VB6 aurora a refuelling conditional order would not be added if the fleet was already scheduled to refuel and it would erase all orders rather than injecting one. Three screenshots are attached. The first one shows the order being injected into the top of the queue that already has a refuelling order. The second one shows the event log showing that the ship had a conditional order to refuel and, at the same time, was unable to execute the order due to being in a different system. The third one shows the situation after I removed all orders for the ship showing it made no difference.

This should be fixed.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 04:04:31 AM »
Linux version 133

If you have multiple empires once one of them explores a jump point it is impossible for other empires to explore it.

Example. Let's say you have two empire, federation A and federation B. Federation A explores two jump points in the Sol system with everything working fine, new systems are generated and so on. Federation B sends a ship to explore one of those jump points. According to the event log the ship arrived in a system N/A. In task groups window the ship in still in the Sol system but there are no planets or moons. According to the galaxy map the jump point was explored (the number of unexplored ones has been lowered from 4 to 3) but no connection is visible, only Sol system is present. The system information shows all jump points as unexplored. A database is attached below.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 12:12:33 PM »
Linux version 133

If you have multiple empires once one of them explores a jump point it is impossible for other empires to explore it.

Example. Let's say you have two empire, federation A and federation B. Federation A explores two jump points in the Sol system with everything working fine, new systems are generated and so on. Federation B sends a ship to explore one of those jump points. According to the event log the ship arrived in a system N/A. In task groups window the ship in still in the Sol system but there are no planets or moons. According to the galaxy map the jump point was explored (the number of unexplored ones has been lowered from 4 to 3) but no connection is visible, only Sol system is present. The system information shows all jump points as unexplored. A database is attached below.

Well, this explains why there weren't any NPR wars in my campaign yet.   This is fixed in version 134, which is up now.  If you have a campaign going in a Version 133 or older save file, it will be automatically repaired.  This may leave you with a few systems named something like 'System #1324' that you'll have to manually update.  If you had NPR's, its possible they had a fleet or two that had entered somebody else's system and then gone dormant due to the bug; those fleets should now "wake up" and start poking around.

Thanks for the report!

The following users thanked this post: Haji

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2020, 02:32:28 AM »
Linux version 134

If a conditional order to refuel triggers it will keep triggering after every increment until the ship gets refuelled. In VB6 Aurora once an order to refuel is added to the queue the conditional order will no longer trigger.
Aside from the annoyance of having ships constantly telling me they are going to refuel the practical problem is that in VB6 Aurora once the order triggers I can also set up resupply and overhaul after the refuelling (which I do for survey ships) but in quasar those orders end up being deleted.

Edit: If you have multiple player nations, the "Senior Officer in the System" section in the History & Officers & Misc tab in the Task Groups window will show the senior officer out of all the officers of all the nations. For example in my game with six powers in the Sol system all powers see the same person from one of the powers as the senior officer in the system.

Edit 2: Being unable to refuel from a location cancels all orders. Not sure if this happens only if there is absolutely no fuel at the colony or if this happens always if a fleet cannot be fully refuelled.

Edit 3: The constant triggering of refuelling conditional order also causes interrupts, for example making the game progress only 30min instead of a full day forcing me to SM refuel those ships to progress.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 02:51:37 AM by Haji »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 11:52:10 AM »
Hi, I'm not sure what is causing your refueling conditions to re-trigger, they are working fine in my game.  I added some additional checks to try and prevent re-triggering but they aren't tested. 

Senior Officer in System should be fixed now.

Unable to refuel or resupply should no longer cancel all orders. 

If you are still having issues please send the quasar4x.sqlite file in which I can end the turn and observe the problem.  If it's difficult to predict when the issue will happen, you can enable backups after every turn in the settings window.

Version 135 is up with the code changes, but I have not verified any of the fixes.

Offline Tecknitian

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2020, 02:07:15 AM »
Not sure if this is intended, but you can delete the Duranium armour component on a new vessel.

Doing this seems to also lock the tonnage and build cost of the vessel to whatever it was when you deleted the armour component.

Amistead Rust class Gravitational Survey Vessel    195 tons     99 Crew     36 BP      TCS 3. 9  TH 125  EM 0
1302 km/s     Armor 1-3     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Life 39. 76 Years     MSP 115    AFR 0%    IFR 0%    1YR 0    5YR 2    Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 120 months    Spare Berths 0

125 EP Commercial Nuclear Thermal Engine (1)    Power 125    Fuel Use 8. 84%    Signature 125    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100 000 Liters    Range 1018. 2 billion km   (377 days at full power)

1 ton Thermal Sensor TH1-5 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  5m km
1 ton EM Detection Sensor EM1-5 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  5m km
Geological Survey Sensors (6)   6 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Kind of weirdly, after you add a few of any components to the base ship you can no longer delete the armour.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
you can delete the Duranium armour component on a new vessel.

Fixed.  Thanks for the report!

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 11:42:28 PM »
Hi, I'm not sure what is causing your refueling conditions to re-trigger, they are working fine in my game.  I added some additional checks to try and prevent re-triggering but they aren't tested.

Tested with version 135 and it's working fine now, thank you.

Greenhouse factor due to atmospheric retention is wonky. From what I remember you said that you set bodies with gravity below 0.2 to have greenhouse factor of 0 as they don't retain atmosphere. First in VB6 Aurora that was 0.1. Second this doesn't work for the moons. I have one moon with gravity of 0.28 that has greenhouse factor set to 0 while a moon with gravity of 0.17 has normal one. As far as I can determine this is due to the moon type. Every moon that isn't classified as terrestrial or small terrestrial cannot retain atmosphere no matter the gravity.

Edit: Orbital maintenance modules don't appear to be working. The planetary summary will show them in the total maintenance facility maximum ship size but the ships won't be showing in the mining and maintenance tab. Adding ground based maintenance facilities will immediately make the ships appear there.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:04:39 AM by Haji »

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »
Greenhouse factor due to atmospheric retention is wonky. From what I remember you said that you set bodies with gravity below 0.2 to have greenhouse factor of 0 as they don't retain atmosphere. First in VB6 Aurora that was 0.1. Second this doesn't work for the moons. I have one moon with gravity of 0.28 that has greenhouse factor set to 0 while a moon with gravity of 0.17 has normal one. As far as I can determine this is due to the moon type. Every moon that isn't classified as terrestrial or small terrestrial cannot retain atmosphere no matter the gravity.

I believe the GH factors are correct.  I'm looking at a sample VB6 game and I see 0.00 for small moons and 1.00 for a Small Terrestrial moon. 

Atmosphere is indeed only possible on moons that are terrestrial, as it is in VB6.  I observed this in a VB6 game with ~1500 systems.  A roll is first made to determine whether the moon is barren or habitable ("terrestrial"), and atmosphere is only potentially rolled for habitable moons. 

Edit: Orbital maintenance modules don't appear to be working. The planetary summary will show them in the total maintenance facility maximum ship size but the ships won't be showing in the mining and maintenance tab. Adding ground based maintenance facilities will immediately make the ships appear there.

I pushed version 137 which fixes this issue with the maintenance summary in the F2 window.  I'm pretty sure the issue was only restricted to that one report, and orbital maintenance is otherwise working.  Let me know if that's not the case.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »

I pushed version 137 which fixes this issue with the maintenance summary in the F2 window.  I'm pretty sure the issue was only restricted to that one report, and orbital maintenance is otherwise working.  Let me know if that's not the case.

It's working now thank you.

As for the greenhouse gases issue, the reason I think it's a bug is due to the game you converted for me some time back. I had a colony on a moon there that had a temperature drop due to the greenhouse factor being zero, resulting in massive die off of the population. At the same time this is something that can be fixed in a database so it's not a pressing issue. It just looks weird to have a body with gravity above 0.25 that can't hold an atmosphere, but it may also be due to the way bodies were generated in VB6 Aurora as the designations of large moon, terrestrial moon and so on were borderline random.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »
As for the greenhouse gases issue, the reason I think it's a bug is due to the game you converted for me some time back. I had a colony on a moon there that had a temperature drop due to the greenhouse factor being zero, resulting in massive die off of the population. At the same time this is something that can be fixed in a database so it's not a pressing issue. It just looks weird to have a body with gravity above 0.25 that can't hold an atmosphere, but it may also be due to the way bodies were generated in VB6 Aurora as the designations of large moon, terrestrial moon and so on were borderline random.

Which system and moon, specifically?  That shouldn't happen, so I'd like to take a look.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »

Which system and moon, specifically?  That shouldn't happen, so I'd like to take a look.

To make sure the bug is there I loaded the save you've sent me and at first it appeared as if everything is working fine, the moon had greenhouse factor of 2.4 or so. However after the first industry tick (have to progress the game by 5 days or so) it has been set to 0. The moon in question is GJ 1057 A III-Moon 4, inhabited by the Kanhalan Union.

Edit: Shields require power and a lot of it. I've put 600 shields on a ship and the vessel required 22 500 power which is essentially an impossible amount to generate.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:46:56 AM by Haji »