Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 39356 times)

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 10:44:10 PM »
Current surface temperature can exceed max colony temp.  First reported in here: 2.1.0 https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13050.msg161744#msg161744

Note this is the same game as my first report, but now upgraded to 2.1.1.  I have a small colony on Menzoberranzan-A I which is still reporting surface temperatures and colony costs in excess of maximum when it hits Perihelion.

To duplicate: open the attached database, go to the summary tab for Menzoberranzan-A I.  Note planetary suitability of 3.0287.  On environment tab note Perihelion colony cost of 3.017, surface temperature of 110.720, and max temperature of 110.430.  CO2 is being removed from the atmosphere which is slowly cooling the planet and reducing max colony cost.

Edit: could this be due to the >100C Perihelion temperature causing the hydrosphere to start boiling off and thickening the atmosphere after regular terraforming calculations?  And would you like a save from just before perihelion?  I just added a save from 14 days prior in case seeing the progression would make things easier. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:02:15 AM by bankshot »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 06:49:27 AM »
I assume Terraformer installations have been resized to 75,000, since my cargo fleets of total capacity of 500,000 can now transport 6.67 at a time.

New installation of v2.1.1
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 07:08:53 AM »
I assume Terraformer installations have been resized to 75,000, since my cargo fleets of total capacity of 500,000 can now transport 6.67 at a time.

Yes, they will be resized again to 50,000 in v2.2 to prevent rounding issues.

The following users thanked this post: bankshot, StarshipCactus

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2022, 03:12:53 AM »

Yes, they will be resized again to 50,000 in v2.2 to prevent rounding issues.

This is the best change ever.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2022, 03:37:03 PM »
I found an odd bug when cancelling research projects.  In the attached db Capacitor Recharge Rate 3 is being researched on Earth by Korneli Rosiak.  There are 1,573 RP remaining.  If you cancel this project it shows up as 2,839 remaining out of 4,000.  If you create the project it is created with 2,839 remaining.  But if you cancel again it goes back to 1,573 remaining.  At this point the loop resets, and you can bounce between 1,573 and 2,839 by repeatedly cancelling and restarting the project. 

Economics tab, TN start, random stars, 21 years in. 

SJW: I think I already found this myself and fixed it
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:52:28 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »
bankshot, I have experienced the same error where cancelling and restarting research results in two alternating amounts of research points remaining. I believe it applies to projects which gained research from disassembly of salvaged components. Not sure why, though, but definitely a bug.

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2022, 09:13:14 PM »
That's probably what's going on then.  I disassembled some lasers I found in ruins a few years back and gained research from them but haven't completed research yet. 

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 04:00:26 AM »
Version 2.1.1

The "Reassign All Admin Commands" in the Admin Command window under Naval Organization does not reassign admin commands, but instead reassigns all civilian governors, on those colonies automated assignment is turned on.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 04:09:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 01:08:39 PM »
I had both the design tech and the design turret windows open, and was designing a BFC and a quad laser turret. I "created" the BFC and then made a prototype of the turret. When I went to research the BFC, it appears to named the same as the turret, but listed under the Sensors and Control Systems tech grouping. I know this isn't the turret itself, which is still a prototype and not a research prototype yet. I assume there's some mixup when you open both the design tech and design turret windows at the same time.

Note, I'm still playing 2.0.2 but I don't recall this specific bug being listed in the change logs since then.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 03:40:19 PM »
The Order Filtering checkbox in Naval Organisation > Fleet > Movement Orders does not appear to work (more accurately, unticking it does not seem to stop it working). 

I think I'm right in saying that in VB6, unticking this showed you every order that was valid on the target, even if your fleet wasn't capable of it - can be handy occasionally, when you're setting up a chain of orders where the fleet only acquires the capability to perform a desired later order part way through (eg Salvage Wreck -> Unload All Components).

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2022, 04:31:39 PM »
The Order Filtering checkbox in Naval Organisation > Fleet > Movement Orders does not appear to work (more accurately, unticking it does not seem to stop it working). 

I think I'm right in saying that in VB6, unticking this showed you every order that was valid on the target, even if your fleet wasn't capable of it - can be handy occasionally, when you're setting up a chain of orders where the fleet only acquires the capability to perform a desired later order part way through (eg Salvage Wreck -> Unload All Components).

I have occasionally been disappointed by this when I want to give a fleet an order I know it will be able to do but can't at the time I give the order (usually dropping off captives from alien lifepods is a common example).

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2022, 09:13:13 AM »
When I loaded my game this morning I got a string of errors:

function #484 database disk image is malformed
function #1145 an item with the same key has already been added
function #3248 an item with the same key has already been added
function #483 database disk image is malformed
function #1147 object reference not set to an instance of an object
function 1301 an item with the same key has already been added

I also got some errors when saving last night but did not think to write them down.

I've included aurora.db, auroraSaveBackup.db, and AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db in the attached .7z. 

If you open aurora.db you will get the errors, and most fleets are gone.  If you open aurorasavebackup.db you get a slightly different set of errors, and some fleets are gone but most appear intact. 

function #1145 the given key was not present in the dictionary
function #1168 object reference not set to an instance of an object

aurora.db is from November 3rd 2047, and the backup saves are from July 23 2047.  time was not advanced between the backup saves but I might have made changes. 

Errors occur on game load
TN start
random stars

I was most likely changing research priorities and modifying class designs.  I also changed environment settings on Menzoberranzan-A I (CO2 removal was completed just after July 23rd) and issued build orders for Minas Tirith III.   I may have issued orders to fleets and set civilian transport orders.

Edit: this is the same game as prior reports, it was created in 2.1 and upgraded to 2.1.1

SJW: This is a problem with SQLite rather than Aurora
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:53:29 AM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »
When I loaded my game this morning I got a string of errors:

function #1145 an item with the same key has already been added
function 1301 an item with the same key has already been added

I also got some errors when saving last night but did not think to write them down.

I've included aurora.db, auroraSaveBackup.db, and AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db in the attached .7z. 

If you open aurora.db you will get the errors, and most fleets are gone.  If you open aurorasavebackup.db you get a slightly different set of errors, and some fleets are gone but most appear intact. 

function #1145 the given key was not present in the dictionary
function #1168 object reference not set to an instance of an object

aurora.db is from November 3rd 2047, and the backup saves are from July 23 2047.  time was not advanced between the backup saves but I might have made changes. 

Errors occur on game load
TN start
random stars

I was most likely changing research priorities and modifying class designs.  I also changed environment settings on Menzoberranzan-A I (CO2 removal was completed just after July 23rd) and issued build orders for Minas Tirith III.   I may have issued orders to fleets and set civilian transport orders.

Edit: this is the same game as prior reports, it was created in 2.1 and upgraded to 2.1.1

It seems to be a corruption in SQLite rather than an Aurora bug. The link below has some suggestions, but I have never encountered this problem before.
https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/fix-sqlite-database-disk-image-is-malformed/

The following users thanked this post: bankshot

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 12:13:02 PM »
Since my issue appears to be a one-off I'll revert to the AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db.  At this point my empire is still small and I'm mostly waiting for construction and terraforming projects to complete so it isn't a big loss.  I won't lose enough to risk trusting my game to a database repair. 

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2022, 01:09:47 PM »
Since my issue appears to be a one-off I'll revert to the AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db.  At this point my empire is still small and I'm mostly waiting for construction and terraforming projects to complete so it isn't a big loss.  I won't lose enough to risk trusting my game to a database repair.

It might be worth checking the size of your database and running a compact if it is getting very large.