Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 39735 times)

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2022, 07:50:13 AM »
When in the ground forces window and the "location" checkbox is not checked, civilian ground forces are visible, even if the civilian checkbox is not checked.

SJW: Can't recreate this one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:29:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2022, 11:20:24 AM »
I don't know if you can fix this on your end, but I found on my multi monitor desktop, where monitor 1 was not my primary monitor, Aurora would fill monitor 1 (which is, again, not the primary), and when I dragged it over to the larger 1080p screen, the tactical window dots would be cut off. I have solved this problem on my end by swapping monitor cables around. It's a little hard to explain, so here are reproduction steps for the issue:

• Configure your computer such that a 1280x1024 monitor is monitor 1, but is not the primary, and that a 1080p screen is monitor 2, but is the primary.
  • Launch Aurora 4X. Note that the tactical window appears on the 1280x1024 monitor.
  • Move the Aurora 4X window to the 1080p screen. Note that certain UI elements (notably contact and system body dots) are cut off past x = 1280.

EDIT: After another test, I was unable to reproduce the issue. Odd. I suspect this is a weird hiccup that won't be an issue going forwards.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 06:50:10 AM by Inglonias »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2022, 05:47:44 PM »
I think there is a problem with the Launch Ready Ordinance order.  I've been laying sensor buoys, and have been having a lot of issues with it failing silently - I'd queue up a string of drops, and some would happen and some wouldn't.  I'm as sure as I can be that it isn't user error :)  I'm moving to the point I want to drop the buoys before firing, and adding delays if reloading or jump shock could be an issue.

I think it has to do with the order being executed during long increments - a workaround I've found is to make the fleet send a message immediately beforehand.  The Launch Ready Ordinance then executes right at the beginning of the next increment, and this seems to be 100% reliable.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2022, 03:21:15 AM »
I'm getting a game crash error for a rather specific use case when working with setting up support for ground forces after combat. Hopefully the explanation makes sense.

1) When a superior formation in the ground forces hierarchy loses its HQ in combat, the hierarchical structure is still maintained.
2) When transporting said formation from enemy planet to home planet, the support setup is reset, so you have to redo it.
3) When trying to drag a superior formation (without an HQ) to provide support to a subordinate formation, the game freezes and crashes.

It has happened in few different games, but it was only this time that I noticed that it only happened on those superior formations where the HQ was missing for some reason. I also tested it on a formation where I set up the hierachy, dragged the HQ element out, and setup up support, which led to freeze and crash.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2022, 12:38:36 PM »
Pretty sure this is a bug, never seen it before and doesn't seem like it should be this way: I just received a message reporting "New Combat Contact: 9x Energy Weapon Impact: Strength 1" for a system which I have explored but do not currently have any ships in. I know there are ground based spoilers on the planet where the combat contacts were reported, so I suspect it is an NPC vs spoiler or spoiler vs spoiler interaction, but in either case I wouldn't have expected to see the energy weapon impacts without a ship in sensor range, much less without a ship even in the system.

Note, I am using 2.0.2 but I've not heard of any bug fixes addressing this since then.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2022, 03:33:11 PM »
If you have a GFCC at a location with no population, and assign it a ground force construction task, the game throws an error immediately plus every turn thereafter, or if you click on the colony in the colony list, about dividing by zero. Additionally, it does not display the build order on the GU training tab, probably because the bug happens while creating the text. I suspect this is because it's trying to calculate the build time, and since you have zero pop but demand for 1M workers, your production efficiency is zero. Classic divide by zero error. The error persists even if you delete or move the GFCC.

Error message is: "2.0.2 Function #2186: Attempt to divide by zero."

Obviously from the message I'm using 2.0.2, but have not seen a bug fix for this listed since then.

Update: If you use SM to set the population to 1 instead of 0, the bug goes away and the GU training tab now shows the ground unit build order. Deleted the build order and setting the pop back to zero, and the bug stays gone, so I can confirm this is caused by establishing a ground unit build order on a pop with zero population due to efficiency of zero causing divide by zero error.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 03:36:37 PM by nakorkren »

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2022, 03:45:42 AM »
Fighting a "spoiler race" all my weapons are affected by a strange defensive device, its not perfect but 9 out of 10 ships have -17% to -22% to hit, 1 out of 10 around +108% to hit, both missile as energy weapons. All ships are trained to 100%. My poor capital ships is going of as firecrackers in space...

Wasn't this a bug in an earlier version?
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2022, 01:12:28 PM »
Minor bug:  When stabilizing Lagrange points for planets with highly eccentric orbits the Lagrange point is initially created outside of the orbit.  This automatically corrects itself upon game reload or on the next production cycle. 

To duplicate - load the attached db then go to Dawn-B III and advance time 1 day to allow the stabilization job to complete without triggering a production cycle.   LP3 is created outside of the orbit.

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2022, 02:05:14 PM »
Failure to create a new game on a database containing another game. When hitting the create race button Aurora stopped responding, left it running for about 10 minutes to no avail. When forcefully restarting, it did in fact create a new game but it has nothing in it and doing pretty much anything throws a bunch of errors. Database has been attached.

Offline Lix0ne

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2022, 06:24:19 AM »
The conditional Order list has been like in the screenshot for as long as i remember playing Aurora C#:
No Condition
Fuel tanks full
Fuel less than 20%
Fuel less than 10%
Current Speed not equal to Max
Supply Points less than 20%
Supply Points less than 10%
Hostile Active Ship Contact in System
Fuel less than 30%
Fuel less than 40%
Fuel less than 50%
Deployment Exceeded

but when i look in the DB table i see a column named DisplyOrder that does not seem to influence the list in UI, and based on the values in it i would expect the UI list to be:
No Condition
Fuel less than 50%
Fuel less than 40%
Fuel less than 30%
Fuel less than 20%
Fuel less than 10%
Fuel tanks full
Deployment Exceeded
Current Speed not equal to Max
Supply Points less than 20%
Supply Points less than 10%
Hostile Active Ship Contact in System

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:35:06 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline GhostIsGone

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2022, 01:54:31 PM »
Fleets with the "Investigate closest point of interest" standing order assigned to them block the game to complain about not having a POI to fly to. From reading the wiki, it seems to me that fleets are supposed to have the "Investigate closest point of interest" standing order applied to them at all times if that's what the player wants their fleets to do. Right now I would have to place a POI, find a fleet that is available to investigate said POI, give it the "Investigate closest point of interest" standing order, allow the fleet to fly to that POI and do whatever it needs to do, and once that fleet is done investigating the POI, remove the "Investigate closest point of interest" from that fleet. This seems rather counterintuitive given that this closely resembles the workflow of creating a waypoint, finding a fleet that is available, tell the fleet to fly to the waypoint, do whatever the fleet needs to do, remove the waypoint, send the fleet home.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2022, 02:38:22 PM »
Fleet commanders are not being automatically assigned. Attached photo shows I have naval commanders of the right rank with the reaction skill, and all the ship captains and officers got assigned, but auto-assignment didn't assign fleet commanders to the 3 ships with flag bridges.

Database is attached, in case that matters

SJW: WAI. Flag bridges are not assigned automatically.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:37:01 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »
Fleet commanders are not being automatically assigned. Attached photo shows I have naval commanders of the right rank with the reaction skill, and all the ship captains and officers got assigned, but auto-assignment didn't assign fleet commanders to the 3 ships with flag bridges.

Database is attached, in case that matters

IIRC Flag Bridges are not subject to auto-assignment so this is WAI I believe.

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2022, 05:05:48 PM »
Not even when a fleet has only 1 flag bridge? If it is WAI then I guess I'll have to put it as a suggestion

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »
Not even when a fleet has only 1 flag bridge? If it is WAI then I guess I'll have to put it as a suggestion

I never recall having flag bridges auto-filled, other bridge positions were fine but not flag bridges.