Author Topic: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 64180 times)

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
Re: v2.2.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2022, 08:54:42 PM »
Steve you are my own personal hero!

The following users thanked this post: Demetrious

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2022, 10:14:08 AM »
The ground force hierarchy construction stuff really was a much requested feature and it sounds great.

I've got another caveat though (yeah I have a "but" for everything :P). I was recently testing to see if commanders of a parent formation actually apply their skill bonus to their subordinate formations and at least for the production and occupation boni it looked to me like they do not apply. (They apply to the units in their own formation, but not to the units in subordinate formations.)
I can't tell if any of the parent HQ skills at all actually apply to the subordinate formations and it would be a shame if they don't, because that would invalidate the benefit of the chain of HQs for ground forces.
Thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13051.0

I tried looking for documentation on the chaining of ground force HQ boni in the old C# changelogs, but I couldn't find any explanation for it. I only saw one post that said an explanation would be given in a later post, which I don't think actually happened.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »
About the pooling of GFCC what are the expected losses in efficiency when fragmenting too much into minor tasks? I have not yet resumed playing, so I wonder.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2022, 01:10:48 PM »
Quote from: Stev0
New Logistics Orders

I've added two new movement orders:

Refuel Stationary Fleet
Resupply Stationary Fleet

The new orders function in the same way as Refuel from Stationary Fleet and Resupply from Stationary Supply Ship, except the tanker or supply ship is the one receiving the orders and moving to the target fleet.

Would it be hard to make refueling logic treat a fleet as stationary if it's stationary due to order delay? Currently it seems tankers won't refuel a fleet that has a move order that is delayed

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2022, 06:35:52 PM »
While working on the ground combat interface... would it be possible to include a peace option for SM where no combat would occur between any factions at war that have it set. I find it to be quite tedious to have to set all factions forces to support and back to attack/defensive line... there can easily also be mistakes which will mess things up.

In many scenarios I have there are many factions on Earth but I rarely want them start attacking each other on Earth.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2022, 06:28:54 AM »
Here is an example organization from the new v2.2 ground combat window.

This was built by clicking the Construct Org button. Every formation in the organization was added to the ground construction queue. Everything is built in order so the parent formations are waiting when the child formations are completed and you end up with the fully assembled organization without having to assign anything manually.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2022, 01:36:30 PM »
Can default support state be assigned through this interface? So for example not only is the structure built and artillery formations are automatically assignment to support a designated formation too.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:24 PM »
What is left in a system that goes supernova?  Anything?  I don't think planets survive supernovae irl, but there should be something left of the star, either a black hole or a neutron star.

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2022, 06:29:33 PM »
With the ground force template for ships, will there be an order for fleets to automatically load their template ground troops like they can load ordnance?

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 06:58:21 PM »
With the ground force template for ships, will there be an order for fleets to automatically load their template ground troops like they can load ordnance?

Not yet, but it will get added at some point.

The following users thanked this post: Noble713, TheBawkHawk, Sebmono

Offline TheBawkHawk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 09:32:21 PM »
I'm loving the QoL features so far. I'm almost as excited for this as I was for 2.0!

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2022, 09:49:30 PM »

Not yet, but it will get added at some point.

This is a really great idea, but with it now instant–building parasites and troops it has become a bit difficult to know the amount of points you’re about to spend. Could you add a total cost next to the build button?

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
Amidst all of these very nice changes I can't help but notice the beginnings of another WH40K setting - and perhaps Steve's next AAR?  ;D

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus, Demetrious

Offline Demetrious

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2022, 10:48:01 PM »
Steve, I just wanted to say that my last long-running game was the first ever in which I made a point of including a small Marine detachment on all of my ships - in no small part because of That Spoiler which likes to do The Bad Touch. (Your ARR's were especially effective in impressing upon me the need for such defenses...) I made them boarding-capable for the hell of it and ended up using them a lot for actual offensive, rather than defensive actions, and due to that I was constantly having to do the "Luna Shuffle" (I moved all my GFCF's to the Moon so I could assign an administrator with a ground forces construction bonus) to replenish forces. It was extremely annoying.

Now I can just issue a single "replace ordinance" order when my units return from the scrap and they will pick up a spare Marine detachment and ditch the damaged one (where it will also now automatically draw supply) and I just... YES. THANK YOU.

The following users thanked this post: Noble713, StarshipCactus

Online Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2022, 05:46:55 AM »
Amidst all of these very nice changes I can't help but notice the beginnings of another WH40K setting - and perhaps Steve's next AAR?  ;D

It would seem so. But we also got screenshots with British and German themed ground units in previous posts, so maybe we will see some multifaction ARR for a change?