Author Topic: Trying to play on a 1366x768 monitor!  (Read 998 times)

Offline Xoiwoaon (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • X
Trying to play on a 1366x768 monitor!
« on: September 22, 2022, 02:10:18 PM »
I've read the topic of screen resolution posted by @linkage and the FAQ resolution fixes, by now, I've scoured the internet for how to make it work on my computer, but nothing comes up, I've been trying to make it work for the last 5 days ha-ha.

Anyway, any fixes for the C# version? I've tried hacking the window with a window proportion changer, but it still crops out some of the info, and the icons end up squashed and sometimes unrecognizable.

I've tried upscalling my native resolution with the res fixes topic, but it doesn't work
I've tried making a custom res on my Intel integrated card, but my monitor gives a "Resolution not supported" message, that makes it quite a hassle to use the monitor
I've already tried a VM, I've tried VMware (which, for some ungodly reason does not wish to finish the download on my PC) and VMbox, which I'm too much of a brainlet to understand how to use.

Please, can anyone help a guy out? ;D

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Trying to play on a 1366x768 monitor!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »
Somewhere in the depths of the forum is a link, but I use Infinite Screen v1.72. It is a pain in the butt, but it does work.

Offline Xoiwoaon (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • X
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 02:45:55 PM »
thanks! any idea which topic is it so I can go digging around? 8)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
Getting a monitor that can do 1280x1024 or 1440x900 is your best bet. Infinite Screen and other similar hacks to make things work are always super-duper annoying and cumbersome to use. The resolutions that Aurora requires at minimum are so old that you can get super cheap second-hand monitors.

The following users thanked this post: Xoiwoaon

Offline Xoiwoaon (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • X
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 03:05:02 PM »
well, thanks, found a second hand monitor in my city that is cheap! :D