C# Aurora > Spoilers

Spoiler Tech advancement?

(1/3) > >>

themousemaster:
So I ran into what I assume to be the swarm.  As far as I can tell, they didnt exist until I opened them up by exploring a system.

Their tech was ludicrous.  they obliterated me, my allied NPR, 2 other NPRs, and though I wasnt around to see it, it appears they annihilated 2 systems worth of Invaders as well.

I KNOW they weren't always this tough.  back in VB6, they were only more threatening than the precursors if you went all-missile, and even then, not always.

Now I got to see a fleet of 7 of them dismantle an NPR that had hundreds of defenders around their homeworld, while eating thousands of missiles and flying around at 25,000 km/s.

Is the swarm just that insane now?  Or did they tech-up?  Or something else?

Andrew:
Not in the spoiler forum again

nuclearslurpee:
Can you share your game settings? 25,000 km/s is extremely high, so my first thought is if you turned up the difficulty slider or something. Alternative explanation would be if this is a slow conventional-start game and you're 200 years in or something.

themousemaster:
I am 200 years in.  I've had a 50-year "running" battle with the Invaders, which I was finally about to unlock my next-gen engine and laser tech to finally be able to dominate.... and then the galaxy got out-of-context'ed ;p.

By that statement though, I can infer that their tech level --IS-- advancing?  That's good to know, I guess I know to go with more than 100 tech labs in my next game ;p.

(difficulty was 100%, tech was set to 50%)

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote from: themousemaster on January 11, 2024, 11:09:34 AM ---I am 200 years in.  I've had a 50-year "running" battle with the Invaders, which I was finally about to unlock my next-gen engine and laser tech to finally be able to dominate.... and then the galaxy got out-of-context'ed ;p.

By that statement though, I can infer that their tech level --IS-- advancing?  That's good to know, I guess I know to go with more than 100 tech labs in my next game ;p.

(difficulty was 100%, tech was set to 50%)

--- End quote ---

Yes. Swarm tech advances with game time, since they generate throughout the game rather than having a fixed tech level at game start like Precursors or Invaders. A swarm generated after 200 years will be much higher-tech than a Swarm generated after 10 years for example.

AFAIK this is a unique mechanic as the only other spoiler race which advances in tech is the Raiders, who generate at game start and advance tech by their own unique mechanics. I'm not sure, but the Rakhas may also generate with advanced tech later in the game since they spawn in uniquely per system like the Swarm does, but I don't know since I usually avoid playing with Rakhas on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version