Astra Imperia > Rules

Industrial Indices

(1/2) > >>

Erik L:
Currently, the Industrial Index is an empire-wide value. When the Manufacturing Tech goes up, the Industrial Index increases globally for that empire.

I am thinking that it shouldn't. Or maybe have modifiers applied based on population. Smaller settlements are more efficient than larger ones. But I am also thinking that newer colonies won't have the latest processes/tech. So that puts the smaller populations into a lower index.

Currently thinking -
PopulationInd. Index ModOutpost-1Small Colony0Colony+1Large Colony+2Small Core+2Core+1Large Core0V. Large Core-1This gives the mid-sized colonies a huge boost in output.

Now. Is this worth it? Or should the Ind. Index be left global?

boggo2300:
I take it that spread is for II 1? and everything would be 1 higher t II2?

I sort of agree with a few things sticking out a bit,  an outpost generally speaking is brand new shiny population so would probably be better equipped than it would otherwise be,  plus a -1 II will be pretty crippling to such a small income anyway, so from  gameplay perspective it's pretty nasty.

Inversely, big pop's while I agree they're much less efficient, will tend to have the latest and greatest in industrial tech and processes.

another way to model that, while a bit more bookkeeping would be to spread any new II out from the capital, like ma jump rating out per turn or possibly per year to model having to recreate processes with the new facilities/processes when the II goes up.

All that aside keeping the one II empire wide is much simpler and more streamlined.

Erik L:
If the base Industrial Index is 1, then that is its floor. No lower. So for a starting empire, the range would be 1-3. It would give a huge boost to the mid-range populations.

The distance from the homeworld is what I'd want most to model it. No jump points, so it would need to run on distance. It would also need to account for age of the colony as well.

boggo2300:
That was pretty much what I was trying to come up with, I was basing it on a single jump distance,  so based on your FTL check, every system inside that distance gets the new II,  then next period (turn or year I suppose depending on how slow you want the spread) every system within the jump distance of those gets the new II.  major problem is that's a lot of extra bookkeeping.

Erik L:
With an open map, it will be difficult to implement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version