Author Topic: Offisers dont autopromote  (Read 1205 times)

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
Offisers dont autopromote
« on: October 27, 2022, 03:52:33 AM »
Hello, i am just wondering if i am doing something wrong, i get no officer promotions even when dere are open positions.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
Re: Offisers dont autopromote
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 05:50:11 AM »
When I had this issue, it turned out to be because I had gaps in my rank system.  Auto promotion only looks at the level immediately below.  So if you've got no positions at a rank, and therefore no officers at it, then the game is unable to find any officers to promote to higher ranks.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 08:01:07 AM »
You have to activate automatic assignment of leaders to the individual positions. Then the game will look for leaders who are the required rank or for leaders who are one rank below and have been at that rank for like a year or so.

The following users thanked this post: roug

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 08:57:08 AM »
Might also remind that officers are promoted to higher rank based on a ratio system and not on what positions that are open to be filled in your force structure. So, if you have a ship that wants a Captain and there are no Captains available the game will not promote a Commander to become a Captain to fill that position, you need to manually do that yourself.

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 09:27:41 AM »
Might also remind that officers are promoted to higher rank based on a ratio system and not on what positions that are open to be filled in your force structure.
Not true anymore since 2.0. There is no ratio anymore except right at gamestart:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg157362#msg157362

Offline roug (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »
Thanks for all the answers, it just turn out that i hadent activatet the automate assigment for admin command, i think that was the missing link.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 04:12:59 PM »
Might also remind that officers are promoted to higher rank based on a ratio system and not on what positions that are open to be filled in your force structure.
Not true anymore since 2.0. There is no ratio anymore except right at gamestart:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg157362#msg157362

I forgot that this change was introduced on 2.1... I built a new starting scenario preparing the database and everything for a larger 2.0 campaign and eventually realized I used the wrong older database... :( ...then Steve went and implemented several new features for multi faction campaigns for 2.2 so I choose to wait starting a new campaign in 2.2 when that is released. So I totally forgot this change was implemented.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:05:34 AM by Jorgen_CAB »