Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361632 times)

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2020, 04:55:48 PM »
CIC is only for very specific ranks.  Make sure that the officers are of that rank.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2020, 05:51:54 PM »
CIC is only for very specific ranks.  Make sure that the officers are of that rank.

Thanks for replying but it isnt working. I have tried every single officer in the list, every rank at least once and no tactical officer listing shows up. Could it be because I have several modules on the ship? (see screeny)

Captain    Control Rating 4   BRG   AUX   ENG   CIC   DIP   

I can see executive officer at CDR, a rank one above the racial minimum, one below the commander I would guess.
The required rank for the commander is CAPT, two above the minimum. The chief engineer showed up at LCDR.

To be sure I unassigned and reassigned the commander at the correct rank requested by the interface, then I tried an officer of every rank possible for tactical officer and none of them provided a listing. I then repeated this for every rank of commander and no rank combinations showed a tactical officer.

5) Combat Information Centre (CIC) is 3 HS and 75 BP. Allows the assignment of a Tactical Officer to the ship who will apply his Tactical Bonus to various combat-related function (TBD). The required rank for the ship commander is two above racial minimum.

Its either restricted to 3 modules or CIC is still TBD or there is a bug here which I am too inexperienced to understand or verify convincingly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 05:53:48 PM by boolybooly »

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »
I've had a bug with CAG positions not appearing  in 1. 80.  It could be a bug.  I would try looking in the lowest rank for tac officer postings, and if that doesn't work it might be a bug

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2020, 02:09:53 AM »
So I captured some NPR ships that I think are Civ vessels.  They are freighters.  They have the status F.  They will not let me unload the infastructure I loaded into them.  Does anyone know how to get them working normally?

Do they have cargo shuttles?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2020, 06:22:51 AM »

Do they have cargo shuttles?

if they don't have it then the design produced by NPR is not functional and could be a bug.

So I captured some NPR ships that I think are Civ vessels.  They are freighters.  They have the status F.  They will not let me unload the infastructure I loaded into them.  Does anyone know how to get them working normally?

I am not sure it is possible to use civilian ships, I remember at the beginning of C# there was a sort of hack to control civilians but I believe that door has been shut. One of the fixes may involve the problems you are facing now.

You could try post the database into the bug thread and see what Steve/Bug Moderators say about it.

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2020, 04:02:22 PM »
I've looked through all the tabs and can't find the button to pause fuel production.   I'm out of
Sorium and need to shut my refineries down.   It used to be on the production tab in VB6.   Can someone please tell me where this button is?

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2020, 04:31:16 PM »
I've looked through all the tabs and can't find the button to pause fuel production.   I'm out of
Sorium and need to shut my refineries down.   It used to be on the production tab in VB6.   Can someone please tell me where this button is?

It's at the bottom of the Industry tab, below the "create"/"modify"/"cancel"/etc. buttons.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2020, 07:10:19 PM »
Thanks for replying but it isnt working. I have tried every single officer in the list, every rank at least once and no tactical officer listing shows up. Could it be because I have several modules on the ship? (see screeny)
I find that I have to select an officer of the correct rank before the window will show the executive officer positions.
It basically acts as if the "Eligible only" box is always ticked.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2020, 07:42:06 PM »
I find that I have to select an officer of the correct rank before the window will show the executive officer positions.
It basically acts as if the "Eligible only" box is always ticked.

Usually I select the highest officer in ranks, scroll through all pages and make note of what is not assigned before starting reshuffle the whole assignments.
Although it is a bit hard as the difference in color between assigned and not it's not much, so you really need to look at it well (at least on a 4k monitor).
I think we could use a different color for assigned positions rather than a darker shade of the same one.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »
How do i stop following threads?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »
How do i stop following threads?

Click the "Unnotify" button, above and to the right of the first post on a page.
I think.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2020, 04:10:32 AM »
I just noticed something a bit... odd.

I'm on v 1.11, and the Geosurvey Module, the Ground Unit one specifically, is showing a Geosurvey rating of 0.1

So, does that mean I can conduct a survey with Ground Units only?

I'm going to test this myself later, but I figured I'd ask. :)

Edit: Can confirm that they do not. :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:33:54 AM by xenoscepter »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2020, 05:17:25 AM »
During development Steve and others spoke about a function that you could define a unit or task force as being an enemy ship/fleet so you could basically test and see if you could detect them, fire at them etc. Is that implemented in the game? Has anyone seen this functionality?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #193 on: July 16, 2020, 05:37:39 AM »
During development Steve and others spoke about a function that you could define a unit or task force as being an enemy ship/fleet so you could basically test and see if you could detect them, fire at them etc. Is that implemented in the game? Has anyone seen this functionality?

It is not in game currently.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #194 on: July 16, 2020, 05:56:27 AM »
I've tried launching GeoProbes in every way that I can think of:

- At a normal waypoint that I made on top of the body I wanted to survey.

- Going to the body I want to survey and hitting "Launch Ready Ordinance"

- Using Active Sensors on both the launching craft and the GeoProbe itself.

Everything launches fine, gets to the target fine, but never actually does any surveying! I've tried it with and without colonies on the body, is it bugged or am I missing something? When using "Launch Ready Ordinance" when in orbit of the body, it doesn't even stay at the body either...

EDIT: Aha! Just not enough Geosurvey Points... lol. :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:02:25 AM by xenoscepter »