Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361670 times)

gor and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3375 on: September 09, 2023, 12:55:52 PM »
My understanding is that there's no place currently or announced for 2.2 to view the number of crew members available.  Is this correct?

Race Information Window --> Academies tab at left --> "Crewmen and Junior Officers". There is also the option to set the training level at the bottom of this tab, although I rarely use this as it becomes very easy to accidentally cause a crewmen shortage.

The wiki appears to be down - https://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php is giving an empty response.  Is there anyone we need to notify?

Works for me. Probably a brief server hiccup at the webhost.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #3376 on: September 09, 2023, 02:15:42 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee
Race Information Window --> Academies tab at left --> "Crewmen and Junior Officers". There is also the option to set the training level at the bottom of this tab, although I rarely use this as it becomes very easy to accidentally cause a crewmen shortage.

I thought that was the annual amount, as the line above it is 'Officer Graduates Per Year'.  If not, changing the training level changes the current number of Crewmen and Junior Officers, which ... would seem to not make a whole lot of sense as you're changing what comes out in the future, not what you have now

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3377 on: September 09, 2023, 02:31:41 PM »
I thought that was the annual amount, as the line above it is 'Officer Graduates Per Year'.  If not, changing the training level changes the current number of Crewmen and Junior Officers, which ... would seem to not make a whole lot of sense as you're changing what comes out in the future, not what you have now.

It is in fact the current amount. It's a bit nonsensical, but that's how it works. I usually set the level once (if ever) and then ignore it for the rest of the game.

It'd be nice if it made more sense but you actually run into a hodgepodge of bookkeeping, edge cases, and inevitably people whining about how they want to train Level 5 crews for their battleships and Level 1 crews for their fighters or something like that. The current system is silly but it works well enough to create a simple decision between crew quality and quantity.

The following users thanked this post: Bryan Swartz

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #3378 on: September 10, 2023, 04:24:09 PM »
Does anybody have problems with multi selecting ships/units? I thought that it is not implemented, but well it looks like it is. It just does not work for me or I'm not using it right. Pressing ctrl or holding shift (while clicking/dragging ofc) works same way as simply clicking or dragging. Anybody know what might be the problem?

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3379 on: September 10, 2023, 07:24:47 PM »
Does anybody have problems with multi selecting ships/units? I thought that it is not implemented, but well it looks like it is. It just does not work for me or I'm not using it right. Pressing ctrl or holding shift (while clicking/dragging ofc) works same way as simply clicking or dragging. Anybody know what might be the problem?

Which window are you doing this in? Shift/Ctrl+Click only works in some contexts, for example the Ships List tab in the Naval Organization window when you have a fleet selected..

The following users thanked this post: Pury

Offline Pury

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #3380 on: September 11, 2023, 07:33:01 AM »
Which window are you doing this in? Shift/Ctrl+Click only works in some contexts, for example the Ships List tab in the Naval Organization window when you have a fleet selected..

Yup that was the problem. I tried to use it on Fleet list and Ground units tab. Thanks for helping on this one. Btw, is there any method of dragging fleets/ground units on really long lists? I have +70 ground formations, and I want to form them up in hierarchies. But half of them are on the top, while the other on the bottom... And as I can not scroll the tab while unit is selected/dragged, I cant get to the right units.

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3381 on: September 11, 2023, 10:48:44 AM »

Yup that was the problem. I tried to use it on Fleet list and Ground units tab. Thanks for helping on this one. Btw, is there any method of dragging fleets/ground units on really long lists? I have +70 ground formations, and I want to form them up in hierarchies. But half of them are on the top, while the other on the bottom... And as I can not scroll the tab while unit is selected/dragged, I cant get to the right units.

You can open two copies of the window and drag from one to the other. Use shift-click to open additional windows of the same type.

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke, Laurence, Panopticon, Kiero, Pedroig, Pury, Snoman314, lumporr

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3382 on: September 11, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »
Holy crap, this is a game changer

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3383 on: September 12, 2023, 06:27:55 PM »
Okay, probably a stupid question, but is there a way to edit populations to give them mines and factories, and that kind of stuff?

This is the situation.  I started a new campaign, and, because I was in a mood, it went off in a direction I did not anticipate.  At some point I realized that everything I had done over the last several hours, as I explored and settled and began terraforming various bodies in the solar system, was really a prologue for the campaign I really wanted, which would start when my race began exploring beyond the solar system. 

Then my new computer arrived, and I spent some time setting it up and getting stuff transferred over.  And I realized once I had that I had forgot to back up the aurora database with the new campaign, so I couldn't transfer it over.  Okay, no problem, I thought.  I had only spent a few hours on it.  While I still have access to the old computer, and with a little trouble I could access the hard drive from that computer and grab the database, I realized I could just create a new campaign and jump forward a bit, creating the solar system set up I envisioned for my race, without actually doing all of the work.  However, to do that I need to edit populations.  I can terraform the planets and moons, I can add a population, but I can't find a way to subtract mines and factories and such from earth and add them to the colonies across the solar system. 

Am I missing it, or is there no way to do that?  And yes, I do have SM mode on!

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3384 on: September 12, 2023, 07:49:45 PM »
Okay, probably a stupid question, but is there a way to edit populations to give them mines and factories, and that kind of stuff?

Economics window --> Civilian/Flags tab, in SM mode there should be buttons to edit/add installations.

You can also edit resources if you uncheck "Double-click sets reserve" in the Mining tab, in case you felt a need to do this. I don't know any ways to change fuel, ordnance, and MSP stocks but this is probably not too hard to do with commercial ships, etc. at the beginning of the game before things start happening.

The following users thanked this post: Kiero

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #3385 on: September 13, 2023, 02:50:26 AM »
Fuel and msp needs a database edit as far as I remember. DB editing is very easy in this version.

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3386 on: September 13, 2023, 04:23:34 AM »
Holy crap, this is a game changer

It's been like that for a long time :)

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3387 on: September 13, 2023, 04:27:15 AM »

Economics window --> Civilian/Flags tab, in SM mode there should be buttons to edit/add installations.

You can also edit resources if you uncheck "Double-click sets reserve" in the Mining tab, in case you felt a need to do this. I don't know any ways to change fuel, ordnance, and MSP stocks but this is probably not too hard to do with commercial ships, etc. at the beginning of the game before things start happening.

If you won't want to edit the DB, you can just create a dummy basic ship type with the required fuel, MSP and ordnance. Flag it as collier, supply ship and tanker. Create ship of that class with SM and unload to colony, then delete the ship. It's messy, but doesn't require the DB.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3388 on: September 13, 2023, 10:06:27 AM »
Thanks all!  I knew it had to be in there someplace. 

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #3389 on: September 20, 2023, 08:50:41 PM »
I've got another autoroute problem.  This time I can't autoroute through Waddeson, which is one of my primary systems.  Autorouting from this system works, just not to or through.  There's been no combat in this system in decades, so its danger level is zero (I have one non-zero system, Isengard).  As it is a primary system there is also significant civilian traffic to/from and through the system.  I have no systems currently flagged as alien-controlled, and all internal warp points have been stabilized. 

To duplicate, give orders to one of the following fleets:
Grav Survey 1 is in Wolcott (on the periphery)
Geo Survey 1 is in Veron (a core system) but cannot route to Waddeson, Wolcott, or Brocchi
Hercules 029 Wad is in Waddeson (can autoroute to any system, but Isengard requires turning off the danger rating check)