Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361615 times)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3795 on: March 03, 2024, 02:02:08 PM »
That's indeed the issue, I run fonts at 125% as I have a big screen. Reverting to 100% just for Aurora scrambles all icons on my desktop.

EDIT: Further to this, if I revert to 125% after my Aurora session, the icons are automagically replaced as they should, so good news. Changing fonts size back and forth requires login off and on though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 01:16:30 AM by vorpal+5 »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #3796 on: March 07, 2024, 12:47:28 AM »
I have searched the forum about what is known about the Truce, and it left me with some questions. Beyond the "prevent war from triggering between 2 races in the same system," here is what I'm not sure about:

1 - Does it prevent hostilities in all potential star systems in which two races have a settled body (population only)?
2 - Does it apply only in star systems qualifying from the start (possible exploit: drop some population in another system to trigger the Truce blanket in this system)?
3 - Does it prevent a formal DOW, degradation of relationships, any possible hostile act?

I'm envisioning a scenario with a Truce lasting 1000 years. If it applies only to initial systems, then that's fine; it would mean that a scenario with multiple Earth starts is under this condition, but only within the Sol system. This would allow for Colonial wars between these Earth-originated NPRs, which is precisely what I want! However, if it applies at any time, in any location, for any system where there are populations of 2+ from two different NPRs, then that scenario would not work for me.

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3797 on: March 07, 2024, 05:43:23 PM »
I've sent two Stabilization ships to create a Lagrange Point next Neptune, hoping they could work faster.
They started at the same moment, but one of them finished the process almost 30 days earlier the other one (maybe thanks of a better commander), and a LP was created.
When also the second ship ended, a second LP was there, almost at the opposite position of the first one respect the sun.
As I cannot create a LP if one is already present, is this behaviour WAI, or is it a bug?
Attached the list of the LPs (from the Naval Organization window).

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3798 on: March 07, 2024, 07:23:34 PM »
Were they in a fleet together or were they in two separate fleets?

Offline paolot

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • p
« Reply #3799 on: March 08, 2024, 04:54:12 PM »
Two separate fleets.
When the first one finished the stabilization, just before clicking the time progress, I thought "now, it says that second ship has finished too".
When it didn't, "let me see what can happen now!".   :o :)

EDIT.
Reopening the game, the two LPs of Neptune are now in the same location, where it was the second one generated.   ???
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 12:57:30 PM by paolot »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #3800 on: March 10, 2024, 12:02:50 AM »
I have searched the forum about what is known about the Truce, and it left me with some questions. Beyond the "prevent war from triggering between 2 races in the same system," here is what I'm not sure about:

1 - Does it prevent hostilities in all potential star systems in which two races have a settled body (population only)?
2 - Does it apply only in star systems qualifying from the start (possible exploit: drop some population in another system to trigger the Truce blanket in this system)?
3 - Does it prevent a formal DOW, degradation of relationships, any possible hostile act?

I'm envisioning a scenario with a Truce lasting 1000 years. If it applies only to initial systems, then that's fine; it would mean that a scenario with multiple Earth starts is under this condition, but only within the Sol system. This would allow for Colonial wars between these Earth-originated NPRs, which is precisely what I want! However, if it applies at any time, in any location, for any system where there are populations of 2+ from two different NPRs, then that scenario would not work for me.

Bumping my questions. I searched further into the forum:

A bug report:
NPR's in multi-NPR-earth-start do not follow truce countdown and WILL declare war as soon as the diplomatic relations decrease to around 500.

A supposition:
As far as I know the truce countdown does not "freeze" diplomatic relations - it merely prevents NPRs in the same system as you from attacking you for a certain amount of time no matter your relations (alternatively it may be that the countdown freezes only relations with NPRs. Since the other nations were controlled by you it didn't work). The main reason for this is to give your diplomats opportunity to get rolling - a good enough diplomatic team will prevent war once the countdown expires. I think.

And that's it. What do we know exactly on how Truce works?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3801 on: March 10, 2024, 06:02:25 PM »
I don't think we know much, very few people use it as very few people do combined starts with NPRs in the same system.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #3802 on: March 11, 2024, 04:00:04 AM »
Your answer seems to imply that this would only work for races sharing the same home system, and not if, for instance, race B establishes a colony in race A's home system, which would then automatically enforce a truce between the two. I would be surprised if Steve left this loophole, so I will assume that's not the case.

How do you use 'copy colour' (singular) in the Logs panel? I would expect a 'paste' button, so it can apply to another entry?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3803 on: March 11, 2024, 10:06:17 AM »
It automatically pastes it to relevant log event for other player controlled races, AFAIK.

Offline undercovergeek

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #3804 on: March 12, 2024, 05:12:25 AM »
Is there a list somewhere of the various bridge departments and their benefits?

Offline pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #3805 on: March 12, 2024, 05:29:05 AM »
Is there a list somewhere of the various bridge departments and their benefits?

Best bet is the Command & Control rules:
https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101818#msg101818

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #3806 on: March 13, 2024, 04:16:42 PM »
Was there not a 'no civilian ship names' feature in the past? I don't mind seeing the little blue dots, actually I like it, but the names just clutter the tactical view.

The following users thanked this post: gpt3

Offline captainwolfer

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #3807 on: March 13, 2024, 04:19:23 PM »
Was there not a 'no civilian ship names' feature in the past? I don't mind seeing the little blue dots, actually I like it, but the names just clutter the tactical view.
Go to the contacts tab, and uncheck Civilian. That will keep them from showing up on the map

Offline leomat

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • l
« Reply #3808 on: March 13, 2024, 07:26:04 PM »
How can I create and use custom rank names (land and navy) for my game?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3809 on: March 13, 2024, 07:55:03 PM »
How can I create and use custom rank names (land and navy) for my game?
Use the add/remove/rename buttons in the Commander view.